Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
latest update
1463 23 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allotments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20909 ft
United Kingdom

My android device had an update for the DJI go 4 which I allowed it to install.
My first screen now when I launch the app is view of a drone and camera instead
of the picture of the lovely Chinese girl sitting on the campervan with her friend.
But now when I go fly I get a blank camera view , it is as if the camera was disconnected,
What has gone wrong ?
Im using a spark with rc and device has android 5.
cheers
Chris
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern. May I ask what notification you have on the upper left hand? If you have the Disconnected in gray make sure the mobile device is connected to the RC Either through Wifi or using an OTG cable make sure as well the remote is linked to the Aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-22
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Is your camera in manual mode? Maybe you just need to go to the camera settings and adjust shutter speed in the way can recieve enouth light?
2019-1-22
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 13:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern. May I ask what notification you have on the upper left hand? If you have the Disconnected in gray make sure the mobile device is connected to the RC Either through Wifi or using an OTG cable make sure as well the remote is linked to the Aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Thank you for responding
The top left says atti mode cos i am indoors.
Everything is connected as normal using wifi
And the app looks fine but no picture.
I can click the map picture on but the camera view is black.
It was fine before i installed the update.
I uninstalled the app then downloaded a fresh one from playstore ( i chose the after f4 version but i dont know what that means) and the black camera image is still there.
Not had this problem before.
Cheers
Chris
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

allotments Posted at 1-22 14:09
Thank you for responding
The top left says atti mode cos i am indoors.
Everything is connected as normal using wifi

I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask if you can able at least control the gimbal? and you may give a try to take a picture or video then check on the SD card of the Aircraft just to isolate the issue. Also what mobile device are you using?
2019-1-22
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-22 13:53
Is your camera in manual mode? Maybe you just need to go to the camera settings and adjust shutter speed in the way can recieve enouth light?

Thanks for the idea.
Yes i checked the camera settings and pointed the camera to the light but the view stays black.
I can only see 2 changes so far ...the first picture on launching the app (ive lost the lovely chinese girl) and the camera appears switched off.
Cheers
Chris
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_ZExaR3OARCnA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28993 ft
United States

I'm new to dji and I've been trying to make a forum discussion about my spark battery, I know this a completely different conversation but can someone help me. I need to know if it's bad for your drone battery to be used under like 30%, I'm kinda worried because I just landed my spark on 8% and I don't know if I will have to buy a new battery.
2019-1-22
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 14:15
I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask if you can able at least control the gimbal? and you may give a try to take a picture or video then check on the SD card of the Aircraft just to isolate the issue. Also what mobile device are you using?

You make a good point.
Yes it it taking photos fine and the gimbal is nodding as usual like a happy dog.
Im using the same phone ive used since buying the spark 1 yr ago.....a cheap but very capable Samsung Galaxy J3 dedicated to this app.
Cheers
Chris
2019-1-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What you need to do to solve your issue is the following:
1.uninstall DJI go
2.download a much older version of the app on apkmirror or a version that worked well before.
3.enable installation from unknown sources on your device.
4.disable app auto updates In Play Market.
5.make sure to never update the DJI go app on that device ever again, as that device is not powerful enough to run the latest app version.
That is what you get when that is the case, black screen.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

djiuser_ZExaR3OARCnA Posted at 1-22 14:17
I'm new to dji and I've been trying to make a forum discussion about my spark battery, I know this a completely different conversation but can someone help me. I need to know if it's bad for your drone battery to be used under like 30%, I'm kinda worried because I just landed my spark on 8% and I don't know if I will have to buy a new battery.

Hi, don’t worry. It’s perfectly fine.
You can discharge the battery even below 10%, it’s ok.
The only thing you should avoid is draining it completely.
I have 3 batteries for the Spark.
I land with the battery being between 5-15%, 110 charges on one, 97 on two, and 95 on three.
And all are working perfectly like the first day!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_ZExaR3OARCnA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28993 ft
United States

Alex B. Posted at 1-22 14:46
Hi, don’t worry. It’s perfectly fine.
You can discharge the battery even below 10%, it’s ok.
The only thing you should avoid is draining it completely.

What a relief, thank you so much!
2019-1-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

djiuser_ZExaR3OARCnA Posted at 1-22 16:05
What a relief, thank you so much!

You are welcome!

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2019-1-22
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 1-22 14:41
1.uninstall DJI go
2.download a much older version of the app on apkmirror or a version that worked well before.

Thank you for your wisdom Alex.
How now do I get a pre-improved app, all I can find is the improved version of dji go 4 or a pre p4 version call
dji go which is weird  and doesn't fix the problem.
There was no warning on the update that it could render your drone useless or cost you 300 quid for a new phone.
Can you suggest what Samsung phone I would need to run this hungry app.
cheers for your help
Chris
2019-1-23
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-22 13:53

THIS!  LoL

Had the same thing happen to me.  Spent half a battery hovering in front of me while the fam stood around for a group photo until I realized what I did wrong!     Last time I had the Spark in the air I was trying for some night shots and had manual settings so slow that everything was washed out to white the next time I flew.

2019-1-23
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

djiuser_ZExaR3OARCnA Posted at 1-22 14:17
I'm new to dji and I've been trying to make a forum discussion about my spark battery, I know this a completely different conversation but can someone help me. I need to know if it's bad for your drone battery to be used under like 30%, I'm kinda worried because I just landed my spark on 8% and I don't know if I will have to buy a new battery.

Saw other answers below; thought I would throw in another comment....

Had my spark go into low battery warning and I ignored/cancelled the return home.  By the time I did start back I got real worried ...  It was taking far too long and I watched that battery level like a hawk until it was on the ground.  

Turned out I was still in tripod mode; that was the reason it flew back so slow to me. But, by the time it landed my battery showed 3%!!!  

I wouldn't recommend going that low to anyone...  BUT, the battery has been charged and reused numerous times since and I have not seen any ill effects from draining it so far.

Enjoy!
2019-1-23
Use props
Afrayed knot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1178 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 13:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern. May I ask what notification you have on the upper left hand? If you have the Disconnected in gray make sure the mobile device is connected to the RC Either through Wifi or using an OTG cable make sure as well the remote is linked to the Aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

i have the same problem with android. no video feed but it still records and i have control over the gimbal. this is with or without the otg. i downloaded the app to my father-in-laws ipad and everything is fine
2019-1-23
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Android 5, you MUST stick to DJI go 4.1.15, set autoupdate off!
2019-1-23
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

allotments Posted at 1-23 11:39
Thank you for your wisdom Alex.
How now do I get a pre-improved app, all I can find is the improved version of dji go 4 or a pre p4 version call
dji go which is weird  and doesn't fix the problem.

If you have android 5, then you need to download version 4.1.15 from apkmirror
Here is the link, you only need to click on download apk https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
There is not going to be any advert that the app won’t run on the device.
If you want to run the latest app version on android using Samsung devices, then I think the s8 and the s9 should run it without issues.
Don’t try s6 as I have it and after 4.2.21 it became useless.
Also I wouldn’t  risk it with the s7, just because I think that if it is supported now, then most probably in the soon future it will stop running the newer versions.
The android device needs to have at least 4gb of ram to run the latest app version.
It’s different for iOS, in fact I changed my s6 to iPad air2 and I couldn’t be happier! It runs the app perfectly. Well the app works better on iOS devices than android devices.

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2019-1-24
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Agree Alex
2019-1-24
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 1-24 00:43
Here is the link, you only need to click on download apk https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
There is not going to be any advert that the app won’t run on the device.

Thanx Alex  I will have a break then take your advice
2019-1-24
Use props
allotments
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 1-24 00:43
Here is the link, you only need to click on download apk https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-3-android-apk-download/
There is not going to be any advert that the app won’t run on the device.

Thanx Alex got my video back with version 4.1.15
2019-1-27
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

allotments Posted at 1-27 06:49
Thanx Alex got my video back with version 4.1.15

You are welcome

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_AsfqxUWV3nOf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
Argentina

Alex B. Posted at 1-22 14:41
1.uninstall DJI go
2.download a much older version of the app on apkmirror or a version that worked well before.

Alex B. Disculpas por contactar de esta manera, pero no se bien como hacerlo correctamente. Estuve observando tus respuestas y vi que sabes mucho del Spark. Mi fan dejo de funcionar. No hay forma. Hasta pense en usarlo sin la parte superior. Con todo a la vista. Prefiero eso a arriesgarme que se queme la motherboard. Es una buena idea? No se que hacer. Cualquier sugerencia es muy bienvenida. Gracias desde ya. Saludos
2019-1-29
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_AsfqxUWV3nOf Posted at 1-29 16:21
Alex B. Disculpas por contactar de esta manera, pero no se bien como hacerlo correctamente. Estuve observando tus respuestas y vi que sabes mucho del Spark. Mi fan dejo de funcionar. No hay forma. Hasta pense en usarlo sin la parte superior. Con todo a la vista. Prefiero eso a arriesgarme que se queme la motherboard. Es una buena idea? No se que hacer. Cualquier sugerencia es muy bienvenida. Gracias desde ya. Saludos

Hi there,

I used Google translate to get your question.
If the fan inside the Spark doesn't work any more, there is a problem. It is never a good idea to fly an aircraft which you know it has a problem. Please, don't do that.
Open a case with DJI support and have it repaired.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules