Mavic Air - Reddish Teint in Center
569 4 2019-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

Dear Drone Community,

Today my first drone arrived, I went for the Mavic Air.

Unfortunatly, after my first test flight today I had to realise, that towards the center of my video footage, there seems to be a reddish complexion. I do realise that the lighting conditions are not ideal, the strong red complexion is very noticeable however, atleast in poorer lighting conditions. I have read similar issues from other people, should I send the drone back, or is there something I can do to fix it?

I bought the mavic air from a local (european) retailer, not from DJI directly.

Will it be replaced? Since the drone is brand-new I would only want it to be replaced by a factory-fresh Mavic Air of course.

I will attach a picture from the footage.

Kind Regards,
J

50445720_398825424201309_2741786763897864192_n.png

2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask if you still experiencing it in Photo mode? Have you tried to reset the camera setting if ever? However, here's what I can do I can forward this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and for them to check this out as well. I will send you some PM to collect some information. Thanks!
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the for the incovenience. May we know if the image that you've provided is from our SD card? Did you configure your camera settings? If yes, have you tried to reset the camera settings to see if that would help? We would recommend updating the firmware to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Just one picture?
Does it happen on all your pictures and videos? In all the different light conditions?

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-22
Use props
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

Hello

Thank you very much for the quick answers.

@DJI Gamora: Thank you very much, I will try tomorrow if the problem occurs in photo mode as well. I have only done 2 flights so far, in both of them the red colour was strongly noticeable. If it helps, I can send you the video footage as well.

@DJI Tony: The image is a screenshot from  video I made, which was saved to the internal storage of the drone. I believe though, if I remember right, that the red colour was visible on the live view as well. The Firmware is updated to the newest version!

I suspect this being a hardware issue, because I have seen other people having had similar problems with red/yellow complexions in the footage.

@Alex B.: in all the videos I made so far, yes. In darker light conditions however, the effect is by far more noticeable.

Best
J
2019-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules