1906 21 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Job67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28924 ft
Australia

What an absolute joke DJI is!
Best product out there, but the worst after sales service/warranty.
They border on criminal!
After getting a 3 hour old faulty Drone replaced with a 'refurbed' one. I have then taken their advice and got the refesh insurance. The refurbed drone has then been faulty and once again, i have sent it back only to get a quote to replace gimbal arm for over $100. They then tell me i have the option of using the refresh option to replace it (obviosly with anothe refurbed on) for $159.00. Are you FN kidding me!
If these idiots did not have tha market sewn up with their Drones, I'm sure their aftersales service would be far different from what it is now!
Cannot wait for a different Manufacturer to bring out a similar spec Drone. Would never recommend these A'holes!
2019-1-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

1st and foremost, welcome, you are very late to the party...nothing new here we all know DJi's customer service is square root of jack sh*t.   many of us have been forced to deal with it.   

2nd of all..why the fk didnt you just return the drone to the store and exchange it like a normal human?  only 3 hours old....common sense dictates take it back for exchange or refund or print a return label and send it back and get another.  
2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-23 01:04
1st and foremost, welcome, you are very late to the party...nothing new here we all know DJi's customer service is square root of jack sh*t.   many of us have been forced to deal with it.   

2nd of all..why the fk didnt you just return the drone to the store and exchange it like a normal human?  only 3 hours old....common sense dictates take it back for exchange or refund or print a return label and send it back and get another.

That's another story. I bought it brand new off the Internet in Australia and had a delivery address in South America for work,so they had it shipped from the States. Now the warranty is not covered in Australia only the states!
After paying for the first Drone repairs, rather than send all the way to the States, they sent me the new serual number. I stupidly thought it was a new Drone. Then they offered me the refresh option that will give coverage in Australia.
Finally received the 'refurbed' one, which they stated it was fully tested and new condition. After failing to work properly, i have then sent it back when back home a d got the bill!
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Job67, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, per the after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. We are sorry that the drone doesn't work well, we would like to verify the case number via the PM first, please check, thank you. GTScreenshot_20190123_184325.png
2019-1-23
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

After only 3 hours ownership, how can you be sure the issue was a product fault? Can take me over 3 hours just to RTFM sometimes for a new PC, camera or other gadget.

Trouble-shooting complex tech can take a while unless there is a glaring physical defect to blame, in which case the fault may be immediately obvious.
2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

sanuk Posted at 1-23 05:02
After only 3 hours ownership, how can you be sure the issue was a product fault? Can take me over 3 hours just to RTFM sometimes for a new PC, camera or other gadget.

Trouble-shooting complex tech can take a while unless there is a glaring physical defect to blame, in which case the fault may be immediately obvious.

It was a flyaway. Hit a tree at about 40 kph. Wasn't even in sports mode. All the Data was sent to DJI, no operator error, but still managed to charge me and replace it with someone elses f'up!
2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-23 02:45
Hi Job67, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, per the after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. We are sorry that the drone doesn't work well, we would like to verify the case number via the PM first, please check, thank you.[view_image][Image]

Mindy,
Couldn't care how many times you guys throw out a warranty sheet to try and prove you a right and i am wrong. Stop trying to make yourself look like you care! Someone once told me to be polite and respectful on these forums and i might get some help, been there done that if you check your records, all you did is make a statement to look like you actually cared, then did the warranty thing. How about looking at a case by case situation! We were looking at purchasing 2 Matrice 200's for our Mine, but after this dismal effort, i wouldn't go near a DJI product again, not because of the quality, just ... aftersales service, bordering on theft!
2019-1-23
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

RTFP (Read the fine print) before you buy anything. Also would have served you well to browse this forum before purchase if you were expecting something else. Everybody here knows that the DJI service/repair is not what it should be and we all have to deal with it by shelling out $$$ whenever our drones break. You're not being singled out here mate, it's just the way it is with DJI and their products.
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So you have to get gimbal arm replacement, I presume you crashed your second drone, otherwise you would be just making a warranty claim.

Regarding your first drone, it seems you weren’t offered a warranty on that either, so you would have had to pay $99 for first use of your care refresh, that tells me you were responsible for your first crash also.

Dji have given you the option to use care refresh @$159 or pay $100 if cannot figure out which option to use you are as dumb as those who offered you to use your care refresh.

But as someone above has said RTFP , dji are obliged to offer you the use of your care refresh or give you the option to pay, its part of what you signed up for.

If your going to continue to crash your drone, keep your refresh and RTFM .
2019-1-23
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Wouldn't be 'an operator fault' then?

2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 08:29
So you have to get gimbal arm replacement, I presume you crashed your second drone, otherwise you would be just making a warranty claim.

Regarding your first drone, it seems you weren’t offered a warranty on that either, so you would have had to pay $99 for first use of your care refresh, that tells me you were responsible for your first crash also.

Never presume!
DJI had a look at the Data i supplied them as requested. They then stated that if i wanted it covered free under warranty, then i need to send it to the States, or I can pay $260 for the repair!
I had no time to do that, as i needed it back at work, so i paid. They then sent me an email saying i have 3 days if i remember correctly, to buy refresh. This would then give me full warranty in Australia.
So after RTFP as you guys call it, I forked out the money!
They send me the so called near new (Fully tested) replacement, which had a jumpy Gimbal straight out of the box and came up with magnetic interference when i pointed the camera directly down!(Which i found out through forums) yes, I do read these as well. So no crashes... Just ... service.
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Job67 Posted at 1-23 10:18
Never presume!
DJI had a look at the Data i supplied them as requested. They then stated that if i wanted it covered free under warranty, then i need to send it to the States, or I can pay $260 for the repair!
I had no time to do that, as i needed it back at work, so i paid. They then sent me an email saying i have 3 days if i remember correctly, to buy refresh. This would then give me full warranty in Australia.

Well if that’s all true, then you should have got a warranty with second problem if as you say it was a fault of the drone then care refresh would not have come into play, there is something wrong about all of this,it just doesn’t make sense.

You were then offered help by dji representative above , you decide to to insult this offer of help, so it’s difficult to know why you came here, it’s my guess from lack of logs posted what we see here is someone not telling it how it is.
Good luck and good bye.....
2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 10:41
Well if that’s all true, then you should have got a warranty with second problem if as you say it was a fault of the drone then care refresh would not have come into play, there is something wrong about all of this,it just doesn’t make sense.

You were then offered help by dji representative above , you decide to to insult this offer of help, so it’s difficult to know why you came here, it’s my guess from lack of logs posted what we see here is someone not telling it how it is.

No reason not to tell the truth, the only reason i got on this forum again was to express my sheer frustration, not to get help from DJI, as it is non existent.
As for the Warranty, i do not know why i have recieved a bill? The email with the quote has 'do not reply' so i cannot contact the repairer directly. Just an option to either fix it or replace it for $159.   Hence the frustration!
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Job67 Posted at 1-23 10:50
No reason not to tell the truth, the only reason i got on this forum again was to express my sheer frustration, not to get help from DJI, as it is non existent.
As for the Warranty, i do not know why i have recieved a bill? The email with the quote has 'do not reply' so i cannot contact the repairer directly. Just an option to either fix it or replace it for $159.   Hence the frustration!

Well you were offered help if you give your case number , but simply because your not prepared to do this then all this is is a rant with no proof whatsoever.
2019-1-23
Use props
Job67
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 10:58
Well you were offered help if you give your case number , but simply because your not prepared to do this then all this is is a rant with no proof whatsoever.

Once again you presume!
No need to prove anyrhing to you, my thread is not about proving my innocence, DJI have all the requested permissions to my flight logs.
On both Drone's there is no operator error.
As stated, i do not want help from someone that posts a sheet of paper stating warranty in highlighted text!
Call it a rant if you like, I'm just venting!
2019-1-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a 1/2 story to me. Just say'n. Been around here long enough... "Fly Away's" are usually pilot error; either environmental issues or sheer ignorance.  Change my mind and post your flight log that says different. If you dont care then I don't care either. Been flying drones and quads for years... crap happens BE PREPARED for it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-1-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 1-23 12:18
Sounds like a 1/2 story to me. Just say'n. Been around here long enough... "Fly Away's" are usually pilot error; either environmental issues or sheer ignorance.  Change my mind and post your flight log that says different. If you dont care then I don't care either. Been flying drones and quads for years... crap happens BE PREPARED for it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

They've made these camera drones too easy for 'anyone' to pick up the remote and start flying, skipping all the basics
2019-1-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 1-23 12:41
They've made these camera drones too easy for 'anyone' to pick up the remote and start flying, skipping all the basics

Agreed. It's good money for DJI apparently.  
2019-1-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 1-23 06:22
RTFP (Read the fine print) before you buy anything. Also would have served you well to browse this forum before purchase if you were expecting something else. Everybody here knows that the DJI service/repair is not what it should be and we all have to deal with it by shelling out $$$ whenever our drones break. You're not being singled out here mate, it's just the way it is with DJI and their products.

Everybody here knows that the DJI service/repair is not what it should be and we all have to deal with it by shelling out $$$ whenever our drones break. You're not being singled out here mate, it's just the way it is with DJI and their products.

Yet it should not be that way!  

Having read a quote stating corruption found thus far is ''tip of the iceberg'', (attributed to DJI) - I have to wonder if there has been some ''money games'' played with when it comes to customer service and repairs.  

NTF to often means, No Time to Fix.

2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Job67 Posted at 1-23 05:31
Mindy,
Couldn't care how many times you guys throw out a warranty sheet to try and prove you a right and i am wrong. Stop trying to make yourself look like you care! Someone once told me to be polite and respectful on these forums and i might get some help, been there done that if you check your records, all you did is make a statement to look like you actually cared, then did the warranty thing. How about looking at a case by case situation! We were looking at purchasing 2 Matrice 200's for our Mine, but after this dismal effort, i wouldn't go near a DJI product again, not because of the quality, just ... aftersales service, bordering on theft!

Sorry to let you have such a feeling, we just would like to clarify the policy. I checked the case again and it has been updated to a warranty case, sorry for the previous mistake, our repair center will get it repaired/replaced as soon as possible, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

"Hit a tree at about 40 kph."  Pilot error!  
2019-1-24
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 1-24 05:29
"Hit a tree at about 40 kph."  Pilot error!

Mavic Pro flyway? I used to say that when I first started flying drones...
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules