10805 22 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything in the manual, but there's always a chance.
Is there any way to turn off the microphones to capture just (silent) video on the Osmo Pocket?
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the built-microphone could only be used for sounds during the recording. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think your right, there is no way to mute or stop recording which is a pity.
2019-1-23
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if using the mic adapter with either nothing in it, or a plug with no mic would work. If connecting a plug with no mic shuts off the internal mics, then at least the solution would be physically small. If not, then we just have to hope for a firmware update. (Yes, I know how unlikely that is)
2019-1-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan M Posted at 1-23 10:51
I wonder if using the mic adapter with either nothing in it, or a plug with no mic would work. If connecting a plug with no mic shuts off the internal mics, then at least the solution would be physically small. If not, then we just have to hope for a firmware update. (Yes, I know how unlikely that is)

Maybe one of the early tester with the DJI adapter can answer this.
2019-1-23
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

If you have a Mac computer you can use iMovie to strip the audio from the video.
2019-1-27
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

B_Gears Posted at 1-27 19:59
If you have a Mac computer you can use iMovie to strip the audio from the video.

Sadly, that's the easiest method right now, but it does require extra work and recompressing the video. One firmware change, and it would work like just about every other video camera on the market - able to record with or without audio.
2019-1-28
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Why would you want this? In any video editor, you can just disable the track and you're done. If you want to post a video without the audio, open it in whatever, disable the soundtrack and render to a new movie would work too. But still, why do you want this. Just curious, maybe I want it too ;)
2019-1-29
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Exactly - any video must be edit in a video editor for end quality. So - where is the problem?
Same if you want to shoot in black and white.

T.
2019-1-29
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't disagree with any of the above posts, at least for most applications. I need to delivery 15 second, silent video files (each with 5 clips) from the field, with virtually no time to process.  5 minutes max in post.
Those details aside, I find it unusual that unlike almost every other camera on the market, the sound recording can't be toggled off. In my case, it makes the product unsuitable for one particular application. Oh well.
2019-2-6
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Where is the problem? Use Lumafusion.

T.
2019-2-6
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

If you go into Pro mode, you can set recording volume to “low” which significantly attenuates the sound (but it’s still there). Easy for DJI to add another setting - “off”.
2019-2-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lummox Posted at 2-6 09:22
If you go into Pro mode, you can set recording volume to “low” which significantly attenuates the sound (but it’s still there). Easy for DJI to add another setting - “off”.

Great advice. Thanks. And I also agree that it should be easy for DJI to turn volume "off", so let's hope they are listening...
2019-2-6
Use props
Ingvar Shapik
New

Ukraine

And I need such a function! It is very important!!!!
2019-4-4
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I need to test to see if plugging in the 3.5mm adapter creates a silent audio track. I'm not sure if the Osmo combines the internal and external sources, or if the adapter without a mic is even enough to make the Osmo think an external source is in use.
2019-4-8
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

It does create a silent audio track, performing just as expected. The silence is mono, however. ;-)
2019-4-8
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lummox Posted at 4-8 18:30
It does create a silent audio track, performing just as expected. The silence is mono, however. ;-)

Extra points for the humor. Thanks for the confirmation though. I'll start plugging the adapter in with no mic.
2019-4-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Blob of BluTak on the mics?
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_aQkqAHmeuiHd
New

Hong Kong

Would love to see this feature in next firmware update. Now have to manually remove the audio
2019-5-1
Use props
djiuser_kcS8hbPaV54M
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi I have a kinda opposite problem and that's that I accidentally set volume to low and have a bunch of video clips with no sound. It's there but barely audible. What is the fastest way to fix this, if possible? at 400% in imovie I can still barely hear a thing.

Thanks in advance, sorry noob here.
2019-6-12
Use props
Victor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Germany

I would also like to disable sound recordings.

I often use the Osmo like a dash cam and then make small travel videos and there are two issues as it is at the moment.

Firstly, I like to listen to music when I drive, so if I don't strip off the sound track there are copyright issues to consider. And secondly, the extra space used on the SD card reduces recording duration, a bit of a PITA on a 2 week trip when have to strip off the sound tracks anyway .
2019-8-12
Use props
djiuser_0ErfY58D3iLm
New

Malaysia

OmeSlikkum Posted at 2019-1-29 01:05
Why would you want this? In any video editor, you can just disable the track and you're done. If you want to post a video without the audio, open it in whatever, disable the soundtrack and render to a new movie would work too. But still, why do you want this. Just curious, maybe I want it too ;)

I believe it for stock video..for shutter stock video must not contain sound
2023-6-1
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

While it would be very easy to remove the audio in post, I certainly wouldn't object to having the option on camera. But maybe the plug solution suggested here is enough for that.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules