Camera not stable
2868 11 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I have had my P3Pro since January 2017. It came out of the box not working. This was the problem as reported on the Technical support form.

Description of troubleshooting & Emergency recovery attempts:

Drone require firmware update out of the box. Controller updates normally but the drone does not. Part way through the update, I get a steady res light and steady buzzing. After several attempts with the assistance of the chat line I was advised the drone must be sent in for repair. The drone has not flown so I have no flight record to sync.

It was sent in and quickly repaired and returned. I had many flights with it since but sometimes I noticed shakey camera footage every once in a while starting around June 2017. (I have the video still) I would resolve the issue by shutting the drone off and restarting it. It has steadily got worse and now it happens all the time. You can visibly see the camera shaking from side to side.

I know I should have sent it back but having two drones, this one and a P3 4K, I have had multiple repair incidences with DJI and I didn't want to go through the hassle again.

My P3 4K crashed due to GPS signal loss and compass failure and they fixed the physical damage and sent it back with a non functioning GPS and compass. I purchased the insurance thankfully because they blamed pilot error for the crash. You could read on the log that the GPS signal was lost. I immediatly sent it back again and they replaced the electronics with a refurbished board and didn't delete the previous owners username and data. I deleted it, tested the drone and it seemed to work fine.

The P3 4K is now my spare parts drone which brings me to my question. I want to switch out my camera from my P3 4K and put on my P3 Pro and see if that solves the problem.

Are there any issues in doing that?

This is the video linkshowing the problem.

2019-1-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I don't want to steer you wrong, but I am pretty sure you cannot put the camera off your P3 4K on your P3 Pro. You can switch the cameras between an Advanced and Pro, and making sure the appropriate firmware is installed for however it ends up. I don't know the specifics, but I think the Phantom 3  4K, is basically a standard as you probably know, but it does not have the same camera as the P3P. If I am wrong someone can correct me, but I am almost 100% sure about this. Sorry.
2019-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P3-4K camera isn't compatible with the Pro or Advanced
You can use the camera from either the Pro or the Advanced (they are identical except for one chip and a fan to handle 4K recording)
2019-1-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would consider removing, cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and reseating the gimbal connections.  I'd start with the obvious white plug inserted into the top of the gimbal plate on the starboard side.  

Good luck
2019-1-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-24 06:57
I would consider removing, cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and reseating the gimbal connections.  I'd start with the obvious white plug inserted into the top of the gimbal plate on the starboard side.  

Good luck

I removed the camera, cleaned all the contacts and cycle the drone on twice and it seems to be fine. Thanks for the advice!
2019-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah, that’s great news.

Have fun... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 1-24 10:53
I removed the camera, cleaned all the contacts and cycle the drone on twice and it seems to be fine. Thanks for the advice!

Sweet!!!!!
2019-1-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good advice, Mark!  Very nice help.
2019-1-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Unfortunately, It's not fixed. The first few times cycling the drone on it was fine. now it's doing the same thing again. Strangely if I power up the drone and swivel the camera side to side,  it seems to resolve the problem
2019-1-25
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 1-25 05:24
Unfortunately, It's not fixed. The first few times cycling the drone on it was fine. now it's doing the same thing again. Strangely if I power up the drone and swivel the camera side to side,  it seems to resolve the problem

Just wondering, you removed the camera assy. and cleaned it, reseating the cables/wires coming from the phantom right? Did this include removing the cover and reseating the ribbon cables on the yaw arm, camera,  and on the two on underside of the main assy.?
Also did you check the set-screw on the yaw arm. I have seen these come loose, and allow the yaw arm wiggle a bit. The phantom will try to correct the alignment back and forth but can't maintain correct position, that could be causing a similar symptom like you are showing.
Just a suggestion. With it powered on, can you very carefully grab the camera and see if you can turn it right or left, does it feel loose?
2019-1-25
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

Everything is tight. All connections were cleaned with the exception of the ones under the covers. I will try that if the problem persists.
2019-1-25
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 1-25 11:50
Everything is tight. All connections were cleaned with the exception of the ones under the covers. I will try that if the problem persists.

Okay, just trying to help. There are 4- connections on that ribbon cable I think without actually looking again. Anyway, I hope you get it figured out!
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules