Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal or Camera unstable Problem (Link to Video attached)
1735 4 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acerol7
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I have a DJI Phantom 4 and just noticed that the videos that I am taking are not perfectly stable. Even if my DJI Phantom 4 drone is placed on the ground, there is almost no wind and I am not touching the remote control in any way, the video is unstable and the gimbal/camera moves a bit. It is very clear if you look at the border of the video. You can see that the images are moving a bit and go up and down. I posted a small shot here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cshnP0xSqQ

I am very worried because I care a lot about the quality of the video and this is ruining it a lot. Furthermore, do you think it is a problem of the gimbal itself or the camera?

Any solutions to solve this?

Thank you very much for your time
2019-1-23
Use props
Acerol7
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately, I can't find any solutions and this forum seems pretty useless :-( :-(
2019-1-29
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Acerol7 Posted at 1-29 10:34
Unfortunately, I can't find any solutions and this forum seems pretty useless :-( :-(

Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration?
2019-1-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Acerol7 Posted at 1-29 10:34

In that case, the experienced people on this forum that MIGHT have offered help will probably just ignore you. This forum is a user forum, DJI do not provide any real help other than advising you to send the aircraft back to them for repair. On the other hand, experienced members are often able to suggest solutions to others problems.
2019-1-29
Use props
Acerol7
lvl.1

United States

Thank you very much to both fansb1fe1104 and Geebax for your answers. Yes, I tried a gimbal calibration but the problem is still there. I brought the drone to an authorized repair shop and they told me that they could try to replace the gimbal but they don't know if that will fix the problem or not actually. But to replace the gimbal is pretty expensive (i.e. 500$) so at that point, it is probably worth it to buy a new drone.

Did you guys have any of those problems and figure out how to solve it? Is there a software upgrade that I could try to make the gimbal more stable?

Thank you very much for your time, I really hope I can fix this
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules