Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji warranty repairs take a long darn time..
12Next >
2839 47 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m2vic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684921 ft
United States

I will start by saying that I do appreciate getting my RC for my Mavic 2 Pro replaced under warranty. The process just takes quite a while in my opinion. I purchased the drone the day before Thanksgiving and have just over 20hrs logged. Just after the new year I started to get a stick error when I turned on the remote control. This happened more frequently over the next week or so. For anyone who hasn’t experienced this, it makes this terrible beeping noise that doesnt go away unless you turn off the remote. Using the stick calibration I could see that the left stick shows 3-4% at rest in the up position. I contact dji support on 1/15/19 and they tell me it’s got to be sent in for repair which the man says takes 5-7 days. Not too happy about that but I say, it’s the way she goes I guess. I shipped it out that day and it ended up taking that 5-7 just to get to the repair facility. After a few days it’s been approved for a free repair or replacement/refurbished unit but I’m now waiting an additional couple of days for that. Then wait for shipping.

With the FlyMore kit I’m almost $1900 in on this bird and less than 2 months later I’m grounded for a couple weeks. Again, I’m grateful to have this amazing piece of technology covered but it was a rather large amount of money to spend and I feel like this process could be streamlined a bit more.

1. Not using UPS ground. At least 2 day shipping would help tremendously.
2. Have more than 1 repair facility in the US (currently located on west coast.. I’m on the east coast)
3. A dji retail store like an Apple Store would be the ultimate solution but I know I’m dreaming there. Someday!

I’ve attached the repair timeline. Has anyone else experienced a repair on their remote?

2BA69098-1CE9-4CE1-BED1-5ED09C7F9B4A.png
2019-1-23
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

you are lucky my drone takes almost one month coz in dubai they have authorized repair center but if they fix it it will be out of warranty so i have to send it to hong kong.... lol

the main issue is the logistic team , they are very bad and not organized at all , when i sent the drone i get delivery confirmation after 4 days from Aramex but they said not yet for 10 days!!! and after they fix it they send me tracking number and when i checked with Fedex hong kong they told me DJI didn't send your drone to us yet! they just create the request on the system,, and after follow up and many calls they send my drone to FEDEX after one week... i received it on 28
2019-1-23
Use props
m2vic
lvl.2
United States

Oh wow I really am lucky! This does further my point though.. just hope that nothing goes wrong because you’ll be without your drone for a decent amount of time if you go through dji.
2019-1-23
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

m2vic Posted at 1-23 21:09
Oh wow I really am lucky! This does further my point though.. just hope that nothing goes wrong because you’ll be without your drone for a decent amount of time if you go through dji.

i hope so it was bad experience for me.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi m2vic, to be more precise, the 5-7 days is 5-7 business days without the shipping and delivery time. Upon checking your case, it is under the normal process. We will get it repaired/replaced and ship out as soon as possible.
The shipping label we provide is usually the ground shipping, there is only one official repair center in North America and we will keep expanding our after-sales service around the world. We also have Recommended Service Centers which are trained by DJI and have the capability to repair DJI products. But the warranty responsibility will transfer to the Recommended Service Center for any products they repair, and those products will no longer be warranted by DJI. But thanks for your feedback and suggestion, we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bikoo Posted at 1-23 20:59
you are lucky  my drone takes almost one month coz in dubai they have authorized repair center but if they fix it it will be out of warranty so i have to send it to hong kong.... lol

[view_image]

Hi bikoo, we apologize again for the previous unpleasant experience, we will keep improving our after-sales service especially the cooperation with the logistics. Hope your experience with us will be better in the future.
2019-1-24
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-24 00:28
Hi bikoo, we apologize again for the previous unpleasant experience, we will keep improving our after-sales service especially the cooperation with the logistics. Hope your experience with us will be better in the future.

Hey Mindy,

i hope that i don't need to deal again with the service center

it will be great if DJI open official DJI store and repair center in the ME.

Thanks.
2019-1-24
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

Hah! Try getting it repaired from South Africa.

I've been told it will take upwards of 6 weeks (not factoring in any delays at DJI).

(My MP2 / RC just suddenly couldn't connect/link anymore)

Not fun having an expensive new toy for 28 days and then having to wait more than 42 days.

Even worse if you bought it with upcoming travel plans in mind...
2019-1-24
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

karlp Posted at 1-24 01:48

I've been told it will take upwards of 6 weeks (not factoring in any delays at DJI).
follow up & follow up every day like three times !

Good luck
2019-1-24
Use props
m2vic
lvl.2
United States

Well we’re in the same boat. Your situation is just three times as bad. I feel for you.

Champagne problems I realize.. but still a bit of a bummer when see a great shot but then remember you’re grounded.
2019-1-24
Use props
m2vic
lvl.2
United States

Remote has been shipped and on its way back to me. Only 7 more days!
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bikoo Posted at 1-24 00:57
Hey Mindy,

i hope that i don't need to deal again with the service center  

Sure, hope no more issues will happen and we will keep expanding our after-sales service around the world, have a safe flight.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi karlp, we are so sorry for the long repair time frame, the corresponding official repair center of South Africa locates in China, it may take some time on the shipment. Could you please provide us the case number so that we can help to check the current status? Thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

m2vic Posted at 1-24 19:04
Remote has been shipped and on its way back to me. Only 7 more days!

Glad to hear that, hope you will receive it soon. If you have further concern, please keep us updated.
2019-1-24
Use props
m2vic
lvl.2
United States

2 day shipping would make this process a breeze for myself and many others is all.. Thank you Mindy for your posts and addressing my concerns.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

m2vic Posted at 1-24 20:03
2 day shipping would make this process a breeze for myself and many others is all.. Thank you Mindy for your posts and addressing my concerns.

You are welcome, please feel free to let us know if you have any further concern.
2019-1-25
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

I just got Mine yesterday and yet to fly it around Gimbal is not working ......
and DJI don't allow my local camera store to do a one to one exchange for me ...

Why can't my local camera store where I got it from to do an exchange for me is less then 24hrs?????

I am really upset .. I need the Drone to do some footage next week and now I am left hanging .....
2019-1-25
Use props
m2vic
lvl.2
United States

mnliew Posted at 1-25 04:59
and DJI don't allow my local camera store to do a one to one exchange for me ...

It’s much cheaper for Dji to do the repair themselves. If they did a swap/exchange on everything they would have a ton of refurbished units. The only way to improve this process is to had 2 day shipping. That is where the bulk of the wait time is. Also UPS is a little.. meh..

Until they have Dji retail stores with repair centers built in unfortunately you will have to send it out. I was comparing to Apple when I was first going through this as why can’t they just do what Apple does? It’s not even close the scale of sales the iPhones have that’s why. It just doesn’t make sense at this time financially for Dji to set up retail stores or do swaps. So I have no illwill towards them for that. They should just switch to 2-day shipping.
2019-1-25
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-24 19:47
Hi karlp, we are so sorry for the long repair time frame, the corresponding official repair center of South Africa locates in China, it may take some time on the shipment. Could you please provide us the case number so that we can help to check the current status? Thank you.

Hi Mindy

I don't have a case number, since the vendor where I purchased the MP2 dispatched the unit back to China. I do have a reference/repair number from their side, but I doubt that this would link up to anything on your end.

Best i can do is give you the serial number.

I will also follow up with the vendor tomorrow (Monday morning).
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

m2vic Posted at 1-25 06:02
It’s much cheaper for Dji to do the repair themselves. If they did a swap/exchange on everything they would have a ton of refurbished units. The only way to improve this process is to had 2 day shipping. That is where the bulk of the wait time is. Also UPS is a little.. meh..

Until they have Dji retail stores with repair centers built in unfortunately you will have to send it out. I was comparing to Apple when I was first going through this as why can’t they just do what Apple does? It’s not even close the scale of sales the iPhones have that’s why. It just doesn’t make sense at this time financially for Dji to set up retail stores or do swaps. So I have no illwill towards them for that. They should just switch to 2-day shipping.

Hi m2vic, sorry to know the drone doesn't work properly, since the drone was repaired from our repair center, it is recommended to send in again, we will take care of this. Your concern has also been escalated to the higher level team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 1-27 02:38
Hi Mindy

I don't have a case number, since the vendor where I purchased the MP2 dispatched the unit back to China. I do have a reference/repair number from their side, but I doubt that this would link up to anything on your end.

The case number provided by our repair center is CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx, the serial number you provided in the PM is not working, I didn't find any case number with them, please verify with your vendor of the case number, thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-27 18:54
The case number provided by our repair center is CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx, the serial number you provided in the PM is not working, I didn't find any case number with them, please verify with your vendor of the case number, thank you.

Hi Mindy

I have not received confirmation that the shipment has arrived in China yet - the serial number won't be linked to a case number until the package arrives. I will engage with the vendor to see if they have a tracking number for me.

2019-1-28
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-27 18:54

Hi Mindy

I have received the case number from the vendor - CAS-2644198-Y0S2F2.

Regards
Karl
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 1-28 05:58
Hi Mindy

I have received the case number from the vendor - CAS-2644198-Y0S2F2.

Karl, thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, the package hasn't been received in our facility, the vendor should ship the drone by themselves and there is no tracking number recorded in the system. We will help expedite the repair service once we receive it, you may verify the tracking number with your vendor, you can also track the case status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2019-1-28
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

Thank you Mindy - I will keep an eye on the tracking of the shipment. They dispatched their DJI shipment from Cape Town on 16 January, and mentioned that based on past experience, it takes about two weeks for the shipments to arrive. I'm guessing the shipment is still in transit.

2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 1-28 22:45
Thank you Mindy - I will keep an eye on the tracking of the shipment. They dispatched their DJI shipment from Cape Town on 16 January, and mentioned that based on past experience, it takes about two weeks for the shipments to arrive. I'm guessing the shipment is still in transit.

[view_image]

Yes, the package should be still in transit, we will get it checked in our system once it arrives, please wait patiently. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mnliew Posted at 1-25 04:59
and DJI don't allow my local camera store to do a one to one exchange for me ...

Hi mnliew, apologies for the troubles. I was able to pull up your case number using your Forum account. We already coordinated your concern to the respective department for further assistance and rest assured that you will be notified with the updates. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-30
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

* 28 days after receiving my MP2, after a number of successful flights with no incidents, it suddenly stopped connecting to the RC

* It has now been 33 days after the local vendor registered a case with DJI because they also could not re-link the RC/MP2 or update the firmware

* It has now been 21 days after the local vendor dispatched my MP2 to China - the case number still shows "To be received"

* I leave for a holiday in the Philippines in 38 days - the main reason why I purchased the MP2

I guess the race is on...

Will DJI receive the item in time?

Will they honor the repair of a brand new/undamaged product?

Will the shipping back to South Africa and the "repair" time take longer than 38 days?
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

karlp Posted at 2-5 23:02
* 28 days after receiving my MP2, after a number of successful flights with no incidents, it suddenly stopped connecting to the RC

* It has now been 33 days after the local vendor registered a case with DJI because they also could not re-link the RC/MP2 or update the firmware

May I have the tracking number for better follow-up?
2019-2-6
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2-6 02:27
May I have the tracking number for better follow-up?

Hi Diana

I only have the case number (CAS-2644198-Y0S2F2) - and since the vendor is one of the biggest/reputable high-end camera retailers  in the country, they tend to ship multiple DJI products back at set intervals each month or so.

I will engage with them to see if they are willing to share the tracking number of their shipment - but most likely my MP2 is one of a number of items in the shipment, so i'm not sure if they will share the information.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

karlp Posted at 2-6 02:32
Hi Diana

I only have the case number (CAS-2644198-Y0S2F2) - and since the vendor is one of the biggest/reputable high-end camera retailers  in the country, they tend to ship multiple DJI products back at set intervals each month or so.

HI there, as per checking with your case number, the package still hasn't been received in our repair facility. There is still no tracking number recorded in our system. We will religiously be keeping an eye to this. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2019-2-6
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

Just an update.

Today is 4 weeks after my MP2 has been dispatched from Cape Town (and 7 weeks since the not-linking issues started), and it still hasn't been received on the Hong Kong side.

I have asked the vendor on this side to supply a tracking number of the shipment (which they didn't do) - but they felt the need to give me some excuse about it being Chinese new year and that I won't be seeing any updates on the DJI side, since they are operating with skeleton staff. This after promising to update me within +- 1-2 weeks after dispatching.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-12 23:07
Just an update.

Today is 4 weeks after my MP2 has been dispatched from Cape Town (and 7 weeks since the not-linking issues started), and it still hasn't been received on the Hong Kong side.

Hi karlp, Chinese New Year has been ended. If the package hasn't arrived in the facility, we are unable to help expedite the repair process, please get the tracking number from your vendor, thank you.
2019-2-13
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-13 00:56
Hi karlp, Chinese New Year has been ended. If the package hasn't arrived in the facility, we are unable to help expedite the repair process, please get the tracking number from your vendor, thank you.

Hi Mindy. I requested the tracking number from them again and will advise of the outcome.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-13 05:53
Hi Mindy. I requested the tracking number from them again and will advise of the outcome.

Looking forward to your update.
2019-2-13
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-13 20:11
Looking forward to your update.

Hi Mindy.

I received the following information from the vendor:
Pioneer Freight / Waybill nr 181245.

My MP2 should be in this consolidated order along with other items.

I contacted Pioneer Freight, and they are going to attempt to send me a tracking update or confirm if someone signed for the package on the receiving end.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-13 23:36
Hi Mindy.

I received the following information from the vendor:

Glad to know you have got the tracking number, unfortunately, I cannot track it in their website, please keep us updated with the latest tracking status.
2019-2-14
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-14 02:46
Glad to know you have got the tracking number, unfortunately, I cannot track it in their website, please keep us updated with the latest tracking status.

Hi Mindy - I received a signed document from Pioneer Freight that shows that the shipment arrived and has been accepted by iFlight Technology Co. I don't want to share the document on the public forum. Will it help if I send it to you somewhere else?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

karlp Posted at 2-14 03:47
Hi Mindy - I received a signed document from Pioneer Freight that shows that the shipment arrived and has been accepted by iFlight Technology Co. I don't want to share the document on the public forum. Will it help if I send it to you somewhere else?

No need to send me the document, the drone has been received and evaluated, the quotation email will be sent to your dealer very soon, I'm sure your dealer will contact you.
2019-2-14
Use props
karlp
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-14 19:30
No need to send me the document, the drone has been received and evaluated, the quotation email will be sent to your dealer very soon, I'm sure your dealer will contact you.

Thank you. I will follow up with them.
2019-2-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules