Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all
So I just noticed there is an update for the DJI go, 4.3.12 ios
And supposedly it says that now it has waypoints for mavic 2???
Can someone who has the mavic 2 and the latest app confirm this please?
I will update later here after testing it.

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2019-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - waypoints is now available in the flight mode options on my Mavic 2 Pro   No need for a FW update either - just update IOS GO 4 app to the latest version 4.3.12 and waypoints is listed with the others. Looks great too - we now have the ability to set altitude, direction, do a POI, change flight directions etc etc - very similar to litchi. No need to do a dry run and it appears that the 500m distance restriction has been lifted. This is clearly waypoints 2.0. I'm yet to actually use it in the field but all good so far.
2019-1-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 1-24 01:21
Yep - waypoints is now available in the flight mode options on my Mavic 2 Pro   No need for a FW update either - just update IOS GO 4 app to the latest version 4.3.12 and waypoints is listed with the others. Looks great too - we now have the ability to set altitude, direction, do a POI, change flight directions etc etc - very similar to litchi. No need to do a dry run and it appears that the 500m distance restriction has been lifted. This is clearly waypoints 2.0. I'm yet to actually use it in the field but all good so far.

Wonder if this will work on other drones too since litchi can offload waypoints to Mavic Air’s, mavic pro’s and phantom 4’s memory and even if signal of dropped it will continue till battery is weak. So it is possible but seems DJI loves to artificially segment stuff so I doubt it will ever come to anything but the latest drones.
2019-1-24
Use props
Andrew_tw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1157464 ft
  • >>>
Japan

i don't think it's cross platform/bird. meaning if you create one on the Mavic 2, you will not be able to share that task and use it on the Mavic Air.
Would be great if this feature can be added later.. that would totally replace Litchi

2019-1-24
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

Andrew_tw Posted at 1-24 01:52
i don't think it's cross platform/bird. meaning if you create one on the Mavic 2, you will not be able to share that task and use it on the Mavic Air.
Would be great if this feature can be added later.. that would totally replace Litchi

Tnks to shear the video
Helpful
2019-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-24 01:48
Wonder if this will work on other drones too since litchi can offload waypoints to Mavic Air’s, mavic pro’s and phantom 4’s memory and even if signal of dropped it will continue till battery is weak. So it is possible but seems DJI loves to artificially segment stuff so I doubt it will ever come to anything but the latest drones.

I'd imagine they will keep it back for the new ones.
2019-1-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Must the Mavic 2 be powered on in order to create a waypoint?
2019-1-24
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Yes confirmed.. its true... iOS only... no CS update... come on DJI, us CS users are hanging out for it....
A mavic 2 firmware update popped up too.... haven't updated yet....
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Alex. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. If you encounter any issue regarding the new update on the DJI Go 4 application. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-1-24
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Yep - waypoints is now available in the flight mode options on my Mavic 2 Pro   No need for a FW update either - just update IOS GO 4 app to the latest version 4.3.12 and waypoints is listed with the others. Looks great too - we now have the ability to set altitude, direction, do a POI, change flight directions etc etc - very similar to litchi. No need to do a dry run and it appears that the 500m distance restriction has been lifted. This is clearly waypoints 2.0. I'm yet to actually use it in the field but all good so far.

Quick question for you A CW. I have an Ipad air 2. it is a bit older pad running 10 ( something) Will it bog down with this new update from DJIgo? Everything is running great with my current set up. I am using a DJIgo app that is a few releases old because I didn't want to screw things up. Now I'm thinking I'd like to take advantage of the waypoint 2.0. but don't want to have a pixelized video feed due to a bit older processor in my ipad. any thoughts?
2019-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 1-26 05:31
Quick question for you A CW. I have an Ipad air 2. it is a bit older pad running 10 ( something) Will it bog down with this new update from DJIgo? Everything is running great with my current set up. I am using a DJIgo app that is a few releases old because I didn't want to screw things up. Now I'm thinking I'd like to take advantage of the waypoint 2.0. but don't want to have a pixelized video feed due to a bit older processor in my ipad. any thoughts?

That's a tough one - the latest version of GO 4 is optimised for the iPhone X which has an A12 bio chip - the Air 2 I believe has an A8 chip the same as the Mini 4. It will be compatible but you may experience added lag and live feed pixelation (green screen syndrome) from time-to-time or it may handle it perfectly. It's a bit of a risk you'd have to take. Note too that Waypoints 2.0 is presently on offered on the Mavic 2 drones.
2019-1-26
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

So I tested out the latest 4.3.12 today with my Mavic Pro and just as expected all went perfectly smooth.
Burned 4 batteries. I’m going to create a new thread in a bit with today’s pictures

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-26
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Bill B Posted at 1-26 05:31

I have an iPad Air 2 and it runs the latest version of the app perfectly without any issues.
So go on ahead and update, it’s safe

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-26
Use props
Bcaser1
lvl.1
United States

Yep - waypoints is now available in the flight mode options on my Mavic 2 Pro   No need for a FW update either - just update IOS GO 4 app to the latest version 4.3.12 and waypoints is listed with the others. Looks great too - we now have the ability to set altitude, direction, do a POI, change flight directions etc etc - very similar to litchi. No need to do a dry run and it appears that the 500m distance restriction has been lifted. This is clearly waypoints 2.0. I'm yet to actually use it in the field but all good so far.

Hello, I updated the Go 4 firmware and everything looked normal but at the end it did not install waypoint 2.0. It does not even has the icon, anybody knows what might might have happened?
2019-1-26
Use props
Wakamula
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bcaser1 Posted at 1-26 22:23
Hello, I updated the Go 4 firmware and everything looked normal but at the end it did not install waypoint 2.0. It does not even has the icon, anybody knows what might might have happened?

Sounds like you haven’t update the app. Waypoints are in the app not the firmware.
2019-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bcaser1 Posted at 1-26 22:23

Make sure your iPhone is on the latest IOS firmware under your phones general settings and that you are on the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app - it does state the need to be on the latest app version in the release notes.
2019-1-27
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I really wish they release the update for the Android....
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules