New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.01.24)
33095 181 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heli7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31535 ft
Greece

True , i have just updated the app!
2019-1-31
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 1-27 23:15
Same here. (Europe)

Did you try typing in app version APK you desire then sideload it?
2019-1-31
Use props
Brentjuh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115728 ft
Netherlands

Yeey, i've updated the app on android ( samsung note 8 ) Netherlands.
2019-1-31
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

saviour Posted at 1-27 22:16
Does anybody here have the newest app version on an Android phone? I still don't see it. Using a Huawei P20 Pro

Hi

I have the same phone with you and i got the new app notification update today on my phone!

I'm currently living in Thailand though but it looks like it is available in more and more countries
2019-1-31
Use props
Mavic2steve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602667 ft

United States

I live in the northeast US and we have the official android app update.
2019-1-31
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately the apk download does not work for CS, it takes a separate update because DJI GO 4 is integrated, so at least, who knows, a month or so more.
2019-1-31
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Finally I  got the update for app 4.3.12 from the PlayStore today  (after grabbing ist yesterday from apkpure) - so i got a double update, but everythings seems to work now anyway. This is from Germany for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
2019-1-31
Use props
TPD1842
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8376 ft
United States

I used my CrystalSky Ultra this afternoon and had no way points.  Came inside and read this thread and saw where some Android tablets had updated so I checked my Samsung Tab S and it had 4.3.12 and way points.  Fired my CrystalSky Ultra up again and still no way points.  I checked the version and it says 4.3.4.  Can anyone explain this for me.   my Asus Android phone is still 4.3.11.  How does a person provoke a CrystalSky to update?  There is no box to check for auto update.  Generally when one uses a CrystalSky you are outside, fire up and fly, many times no internet or networks to update anything.  Where can we find information on these items?
2019-1-31
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209498 ft
Australia

just did my 1st waypoint test flight, very scary, bugs galore, after the 1st successful way-point test it all went south, app crashed every time after that, at one stage everything froze and mav just hovered, could not control it, even with the controller, got control of it after a while. tried again and it just took off towards a tree, had to use emergency stop button.
had enough after that and packed up and went home in disgust. I am re-installing everything again, will let u know how it goes. have not heard much complaints about this update, so maybe its just me.
2019-1-31
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I could confirm in Slovakia is APP also finally available.
2019-2-1
Use props
Chipke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

TPD1842 Posted at 1-31 20:29
I used my CrystalSky Ultra this afternoon and had no way points.  Came inside and read this thread and saw where some Android tablets had updated so I checked my Samsung Tab S and it had 4.3.12 and way points.  Fired my CrystalSky Ultra up again and still no way points.  I checked the version and it says 4.3.4.  Can anyone explain this for me.   my Asus Android phone is still 4.3.11.  How does a person provoke a CrystalSky to update?  There is no box to check for auto update.  Generally when one uses a CrystalSky you are outside, fire up and fly, many times no internet or networks to update anything.  Where can we find information on these items?

Update for CrystalSky is not awailable and DJI must do it. No other way to have GO4 from other source. It is terrible, but CrystalSky is most expensive and no support from DJI. Old Android in tablet, no updates (no update CS from May 2018) and only some updates GO4. Sad but truth.
2019-2-1
Use props
rainslave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243114 ft
Norway

A tip for Huawei owners :
On my huawei mate 20 pro, the djigo 4 update didnt show up in Google play, but if you go to tools, appgallery, purchase history on the huawei Phone, the djigo4 update showed up there.
2019-2-1
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2
United States

no android update for the US
2019-2-1
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro, Waypoints have been available for quite a while and work well in DJI Pilot on Droid and CrystalSky. Not an excuse for DJI not getting us this update, but I have been using Pilot for a few months to experiment with waypoints, and it has been flawless for me on Zoom. But,  still, no excuse for DJI not getting this long promised update out to Droid and CS.
In addition, I am able to land and switch to DJI Go4 and take right back off again without a shutdown or reboot. Just an FYI.
2019-2-1
Use props
Mavic2steve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602667 ft

United States

I have a Samsung Tab A residing in NJ and have the DJI android 4.3.12 update available on the play store.
2019-2-1
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

No CS update.... Thats why I ask my FB group members NOT TO BUY THIS CS OR THE SMARTCONTROLLER !!
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_dlOuILVxJ3po
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97500 ft
Malta

Was told by Dji Support that we would receive the 4.3.12 update by the 28th January and as of today the 2nd February still no update in Malta EU
2019-2-2
Use props
djiuser_dlOuILVxJ3po
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97500 ft
Malta

Was told by Dji Support that we would receive the 4.3.12 update by the 28th January and as of today the 2nd February still no update in Malta EU
2019-2-2
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

Updated firmware and app.  Now I cannot take off from my own backyard as it states I am in a NFZ.  

It appears that it updated the GEO zones database automatically as I always skipped this part by clicking Ignore.  Fortunately I can self-unlock with 5 minutes of work and it last for 3 days.  I am not going to deal with this every time I want to fly my drone.

DJI, I have spent a lot of money on your drones in the last 3 yrs.  You have overstepped your bounds and this is my last DJI drone.

You need to make this self-unlocking much easier and user friendly.   
2019-2-2
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hmm, how do i delete a point of interest in a route? i found out how to delete waypoints, but not POI´s
2019-2-3
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Ulven Posted at 2-3 03:52
Hmm, how do i delete a point of interest in a route? i found out how to delete waypoints, but not POI´s

Here is a video of my trying to click on an existing poi to edit it, but it creates new in stead.

2019-2-3
Use props
MyPC8MyBrain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
United States

way point is horrible very much in line with all the software DJI bundled,
it is impossible to edit point unless you have 2-3 point it is an absolute nightmare! what’s even worst is third party application that can actually do way point properly are being blocked!
edits to point position and alt are not retained, i made a 90 point mission and had to redo each one over and over thinking i made a mistake; but it’s not me it’s just DJI being irresponsible,
please save me the "I’m sorry you are having an issue" this will just upset me more after spending 3000$ I’m sorry but I don’t want to hear "I’m sorry", simply do your job and don’t be so greedy and irresponsible!'
you release program that should be controlling flight orientation in real life that could cause people to die because of your irresponsibility releasing such buggy program

i am a developer and publisher; you release a quiz with your application that locks it up after 4 times BUT YOU DONT ACTUALLY POST THE QUIZ ITSELF? what’s wrong with you people?
every single software i had to install failed with no exceptions; i have my brand new drone for almost a week now and still don’t trust it! firmware wont update on all devices without first giving one hell!
Smart controller, Mavic Pro, Googles RE, every one of these was having issues out of the box just updating using your own tools! shame on you DJI

you think spending money on social media promoters is more important than putting out a safe product or respecting your customer time?
i am so disappointed i will return this toy, lived without it so far I’ll be fine without it in the future, i will definitely won’t be checking DJI in the future again but look for a more reliable alternative,
the fact that you are a big company doesn't guarantee quality; all you do is spend money on PR instead of development and proper research,
your forums are filled with the same issues for years now it’s all the same; posts dates are stamped you can’t change that, issues are still the same 4 years later! WOW
2019-2-3
Use props
kamikaze0
lvl.1
Latvia

Ok. so here is my summary for Waypoints 2.0 issues:

1) Mavic 2 pro is unable to load the mission with 20 waypoints and 9 POI.
2) when Mavic 2 pro looses the signal and I have set "continue mission" for this case - it continues the misson ok, BUT... when signal to remote is back - it just cancels the mission and hovers. Smooth footage is ruined. Please fix this issue.
3) Route editing is not user-friendly, but doable... please fix issue number (2) at least
2019-2-3
Use props
kamikaze0
lvl.1
Latvia

kamikaze0 Posted at 2-3 17:28

And yes, I'm using Android app v 4.3.12 and latest firmware for both remote and Mavic 2 pro
2019-2-3
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Waypoint : DJI looks like picking  up the Litchi horseshoes , It is simplified and badly designed and somehow is not reliable and full of bugs which may cause lost or crush your drone in midflight
Until it receive further update,  I will stick on my Litchi Waypoint....  full stop.
2019-2-4
Use props
fansa500dc20
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Hi guys , how you manage to edit your POI. I am flying with iPhone 8 and succeed to edit it one time per 10 attempts... The result is a lot of new POI
2019-2-5
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

fansa500dc20 Posted at 2-5 04:36
Hi guys , how you manage to edit your POI. I am flying with iPhone 8 and succeed to edit it one time per 10 attempts... The result is a lot of new POI

Having the same issues, even when I run on an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil I struggle with edits.
DJI has to do some work before competing to Litchi, perhaps WP 2.5 or 3.0 ;)
2019-2-5
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

I have found if you place a POI or Way point close to your current location they are almost impossible to edit, placed away from the home point I can select them every time with the apple pencil.
2019-2-5
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Germany

kamikaze0 Posted at 2-3 17:28

Just checked out 25 waypoints and 15 poi and it worked with saving and loading.

And what ist the trouble with editing? You can move, delete, insert and modify?
What is missing? What would you do different in detail?
2019-2-5
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Germany

Bart B Posted at 2-5 10:53
I have found if you place a POI or Way point close to your current location they are almost impossible to edit, placed away from the home point I can select them every time with the apple pencil.

If a waypoint or poi is close to another or the homepoint, can't you zoom in on so much that the points can be easily grabbed?
2019-2-5
Use props
XuMePa
lvl.1
Bulgaria

DrohneSG Posted at 2-5 12:52

The problem is that the app think that you want to add more  POI as you are in POI mode or WayPoints, and touch the screen. The problem with editing is very big for me, mission impossible.  I will try to set POI away from home point and will give a feedback here.
2019-2-6
Use props
Roland del Rio
lvl.1
Germany

I just read the section in your "What's New?" announcment of the update the is "When using Task Library to repeat a flight, make sure the takeoff altitude is the same." Unfortunatly this was one day after I crashed my drone for exactly that reason. Would it be a good idea to get in some warning/informational message in the software itself, that a waypoint associated height doesnt mean the distance over ground of the waypoint? So every meters you plan for every waypoint of the route is ALWAYS THE RELATIVE HEIGHT AT TAKEOFF POINT (that isnt part of route itself). This misunderstanding might be responsible for many crashes in the future, because in 2019 "not everybody" is carefully reading the What's-New-Section before updating the usual 20 apps everyday ;)
2019-2-7
Use props
fans7bfcd8f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2031457 ft
Latvia

When will it be possible to use waypoint 2 in crystalsky 5.5?
2019-2-7
Use props
kamikazer
lvl.1
Latvia

Sometimes loading previously saved route from task library leads to some POIs altitude to be different from what I did set. for my case sometimes some POIs are 56m. So I need to re-check my route all the time everytime
2019-2-8
Use props
kamikazer
lvl.1
Latvia

DrohneSG Posted at 2-5 12:52

I would change waypoints feature to be able to save/load routes from SD card and make a PC app (maybe as a part of assistant) so I can create routes w/o discharging the battery. It is much easier to do such things at home with comfortable mouse and display
2019-2-8
Use props
kamikazer
lvl.1
Latvia

Isn't it possible to make POI and waypoint altitude as a real height? otherwise how should we set waypoints while being on the top of the mountain? Imagine I'm going on the high building roof to have the signal... how can I set waypoints to be lower then? If I will not do that - waypoints mode will cancel the mission after signal re-connection
2019-2-8
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Also, another problem for me is that you need to connect the drone to the remote + app in order to be able to create/edit waypoints.

There should be a web interface where you could create missions on your browser. If that is not possible at all (Litchi does it anyway) please remove the need to connect with a drone. It's not practical.
2019-2-8
Use props
Signo11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft
Italy

just me with this new firmware continue to disconnect the drone from the radio control? (in flight it's dangerous!)
2019-2-10
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Germany

Well, I don't see any serious issue with the update in general. But after several flights I can say

- wp 2.0 handling is ok, but touch operations on a small screen are always a bit challenging
- the operation was safe - no connection loss or any other problem, always about perfect return to home
- but wp 2.0 is hardly useable as it is now. Flying is ok, but gimbal movements produce a jerky image and the focus on pois is bad. Have a look at other threats on this issue.
2019-2-15
Use props
yuft gtdr
lvl.1

Egypt

Still no new version here either. Galaxy S9+ and LG G7 (Norway)
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules