1495 17 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Go 4 v 4.3.12 ios
Supports flight route planning, enabling users to set flight route on the map and perform automatic flights was getting all excited about this until I read..........
mavic 2 zoom and mavic 2 pro only yuk! :-(

2019-1-24
Use props
fans4b0f2023
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242992 ft
United States

Any technical reason for it?
2019-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans4b0f2023 Posted at 1-24 12:26

Probably something to do with OcuSync
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, the waypoint feature is not yet available with our Mavic Air. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion if we could possibly add this feature on Mavic air in the future. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-24
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 1-24 14:27
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, the waypoint feature is not yet available with our Mavic Air. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion if we could possibly add this feature on Mavic air in the future. Thank you for your support.

How about making it possible for the Mavic Pro also?
2019-1-24
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just download the Litchi app to use mission planning and way-point flight.
2019-1-24
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, the waypoint feature is not yet available with our Mavic Air. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion if we could possibly add this feature on Mavic air in the future. Thank you for your support.

How many times do things like this need requesting before you listen to your customers and actually implement them?
2019-1-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4b0f2023 Posted at 1-24 12:26

no good technical reason, just marketing.  mavic pro, mavic air, phantom 4 pro/+/V2, inspire 2 all support via SDK waypoints being offloaded to the drone's internal memory and it can self manage even if signal is lost, a toggle in SDK can be enabled for it to RTH upon low power.  

2019-1-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 1-24 12:43
Probably something to do with OcuSync

nah, dont need to sustained connection if using DJI's latest SDK, missions are offloaded to the drone's memory and it will return back if low power or mission is complete (whichever is first) if there is no signal..

and yes, mavic air, mavic pro, and all phantom 4 pro variants and inspire 2 all support this latest SDK...im not sure, but i beleive even the spark technically does...but again i cannot verify, but i heard that Litchi which uses this SDK can offload missions to spark's memory, but i dont have confirmation.
2019-1-24
Use props
bgreenstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709495 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect they won't ever let the old models use this feature.  Seems any new features which could easily be added to old hardware are being held for the new devices to give people more of a reason to upgrade.  Boo.
2019-1-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bgreenstone Posted at 1-24 17:14
I suspect they won't ever let the old models use this feature.  Seems any new features which could easily be added to old hardware are being held for the new devices to give people more of a reason to upgrade.  Boo.

ya totally marketing via dji go 4 app functions, as SDK supports it natively..
Litchi uses latest SDK and waypoints work almost flawlessly if not flawlessly on mavic air and mavic pro.  even if you lost signal the missions will continue if you set it up that way.  it keep going until battery is low or mission is finished whichever happens first. then returns home.. so, ya, just dji's artificial segmentation again
2019-1-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope we get some way points soon. I would love to experiment with 3D mapping on my mini aircraft and third party software makes me anxious. I would prefer using a solution made by DJI.
2019-1-25
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-24 17:18
ya totally marketing via dji go 4 app functions, as SDK supports it natively..
Litchi uses latest SDK and waypoints work almost flawlessly if not flawlessly on mavic air and mavic pro.  even if you lost signal the missions will continue if you set it up that way.  it keep going until battery is low or mission is finished whichever happens first. then returns home.. so, ya, just dji's artificial segmentation again

If I were the CEO of DJI then I would seriously consider buying out Litchi along with the development team as whilst DJI have the hardware almost correct, others who have concentrated on the mission software development are far ahead of DJI in this area.

Maybe DJI do not want to 'loose face' and admit that their own SDK  has resulted in a superior product for pre-programmed waypoint planning and flying.

Maybe that is also why they (DJI) refuse to acknowledge Litchi flight logs, even though they were generated/programmed using their own SDK .

Possibly it's just a cultural thing
2019-1-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-24 17:09
nah, dont need to sustained connection if using DJI's latest SDK, missions are offloaded to the drone's memory and it will return back if low power or mission is complete (whichever is first) if there is no signal..

and yes, mavic air, mavic pro, and all phantom 4 pro variants and inspire 2 all support this latest SDK...im not sure, but i beleive even the spark technically does...but again i cannot verify, but i heard that Litchi which uses this SDK can offload missions to spark's memory, but i dont have confirmation.

Hence why I said probably and not definitely - nobody other than DJI can be 100%.
2019-1-25
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, the waypoint feature is not yet available with our Mavic Air. No worries, we will consider this as a suggestion if we could possibly add this feature on Mavic air in the future. Thank you for your support.

Another pointless reply as this has been asked for before I believe and has never happened...
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FlyDK Posted at 1-24 15:09
How about making it possible for the Mavic Pro also?

Hi, thanks for your notification. The Mavic Pro has its own version of waypoints and this feature may be optimized in the future. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Malakai_UK Posted at 1-24 17:04
How many times do things like this need requesting before you listen to your customers and actually implement them?

Hi, we do appreciate your concern here. The suggestion has been forwarded to our team, however, I'm afraid that we couldn't provide a guarantee due to that the aircraft has a limitation to support some features. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tomcatuk Posted at 1-25 01:01
Another pointless reply as this has been asked for before I believe and has never happened...

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. We're sorry to know about that. No worries, if any case that there will be an update with the Mavic Air, this would be cascaded with our valued customers. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules