Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Update error...
12Next >
13396 52 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hugenoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114829 ft
Netherlands

Today I start the smart controller and my mavic 2, on the screen it showed a update (2.00.xx) for the mavic 2 is available. When I click on this update it start downloading and after 1% an error message pop-up about network connection. There is a wifi connection and after restart I'm still not able to update my mavic. Please help...  
2019-1-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is new firmware available for the Mavic 2 aircraft and standard controller. The Smart controller is not included in this update.

You will have more luck upgrading the firmware on the aircraft using Assistant 2 or repairing your standard controller to the aircraft if you want to do an update using your smart device rather than your smart controller.
2019-1-24
Use props
Hugenoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114829 ft
Netherlands

Thanks, used the DJI assistant and installed the upgrade...
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad to know that you've managed to update your Smart remote controller via DJI Assistant 2. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_FC6LZK5xLjzv
New
United States

Sounds like smart controller suffers from the same android firmware update issues that have been complained about,  without any dji resolution I might add, endlessly by Android users. Think I'll pass.
2019-1-25
Use props
Funn 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI this needs to be Addressed....... I just purchase the SRC. coming from iOS with never any issues. I would hate to go to a shoot, and a update Occur and not be able to update via cell hotspot.
2019-1-26
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Also tried to update my mavic 2 pro to version 01.00.0300 but i get message update failed. reson network disconnected, with smar controller and intrnet via wifi.
Please find a solution to the problem!  i spend too much money to have problems updating , the old controller did not have these kind of problems with my iphone.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans19afb282
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have the exact same issue, just received it today, not able to update Mavic 2 firmware
2019-1-28
Use props
fansc25d45e7
lvl.1
United States

Same here!! When I try to update I get an error. Love it when I spend over $600 just to get this!! Don’t they test this $hit?!
image.jpg
2019-1-28
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This is terrible and an obvious defect as I too am experiencing the same thing. I will mess with it tomorrow and if it doesn’t work I will look to return it. Doesn’t look like this is ready for prime time. I’ll jjst buy an iPad mini for half the price and have no issues. So disappointing

OUT OF BOX FAILURES...
2019-1-28
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too - looks like we have the Crystal Sky made for the Mavic with all the issues it comes with...
2019-1-29
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3655085 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have tried to update the the Smart Controller via the Assistant software but it does not connect to my computer. The Mavic 2 connects and updates but not the RC. Please advise the correct procedure to update the firmware of the RC via Assistant 2. This is really terrible service for a product that cost this much.
2019-1-30
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-24 13:23
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad to know that you've managed to update your Smart remote controller via DJI Assistant 2. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.

Hello, I am having a hard time to get the Smart Controller to even see the Assistant 2. Is there a version that is out? If so, please provide a relative link. Thanks.
2019-1-30
Use props
Funn 1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Delta Tango Posted at 1-30 09:43
Hello, I am having a hard time to get the Smart Controller to even see the Assistant 2. Is there a version that is out? If so, please provide a relative link. Thanks.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-1-30
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Funn 1 Posted at 1-30 09:46
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Thanks a lot. I have this version but for some reason the controller will not see Assistant 2. I am using a Mac. I installed the complete software (driver). One thing though, do I need to use the DJI cable that came with the controller. I am not home at the moment but I thought I could use any USB C cable to connect. the controller to my computer. Is there any preparation that I need to do to have the controller ready to update?
2019-1-30
Use props
Funn 1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Delta Tango Posted at 1-30 09:49
Thanks a lot. I have this version but for some reason the controller will not see Assistant 2. I am using a Mac. I installed the complete software (driver). One thing though, do I need to use the DJI cable that came with the controller. I am not home at the moment but I thought I could use any USB C cable to connect. the controller to my computer. Is there any preparation that I need to do to have the controller ready to update?

I also use a Mac, I Updated Assistance to new firmware and i DID use the cord that came with the SRC. had no issues. try the new cord see if that helps.
2019-1-30
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Funn 1 Posted at 1-30 10:15
I also use a Mac, I Updated Assistance to new firmware and i DID use the cord that came with the SRC. had no issues. try the new cord see if that helps.

Thanks mate. When home, I will use the included DJI cable.
2019-1-30
Use props
fans21792642
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7943 ft
United States

I also received the same error. I was able to update the smart controller via Wifi without any problems, but when trying to update my Mavic 2 Pro, it gave me the same error. I connected my Mavic 2 Pro to my Mac and used Smart Assistant with no problems.
2019-1-30
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Mine updated using wifi okay.

But now I'm curious - which usb port on the controller should you connect to the computer?  The bottom usb-c?   
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Delta Tango Posted at 1-30 09:43

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Please try to connect your Smart remote controller using the DJI cable to see if there will be changes. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-30
Use props
fansf9a24104
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi sorry but fairly new to this, when I download the assistant 2 to my windows computer which file is it I download to use..?..Thanks.
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf9a24104 Posted at 1-30 16:55
Hi sorry but fairly new to this, when I download the assistant 2 to my windows computer which file is it I download to use..?..Thanks.

The windows version, there is a zip and an exe, some wondoze installations won’t allow you to download exe files, so which ever works for you.

2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 1-30 14:55
Mine updated using wifi okay.

But now I'm curious - which usb port on the controller should you connect to the computer?  The bottom usb-c?

Use the USB-C port on the controller, use the supplied cable I found using a usb-c to usb-c won’t work, unfortunately there are different implementations of the USB-C standard cables. Use the supplied cable significantly improves your chances.

This is not a DJI unique problem.
Update....

I have tested the SRC this morning using several connection methods, using a veriety of USB-C cables, most reliable method is the supplied cable or another USB-A 3.0 or 3.1 cable to USB-C. (USB-A 3.0 has a blue insert inside the plug).

USB-C to USB-C which you would use on a new MacBook, for example, wont work. I tested with a standard USB-C to USB-C, USB-C (PD) to USB-C (PD) and even thunderbolt, none of these work. You have to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter then use the supplied lead. Using USB-C on an iMac results in the same, you have to go from the USB-A connector.
Have a Google of USB-C you will find it is far from a standard. The connectors, although same form, can have a multitude of connection variations, which is why I am suprised Apple went to it from their own Lightning connector.

RS232 anyone??
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf9a24104 Posted at 1-30 16:55

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may update the firmware using the DJI GO 4 app or DJI Assistant 2. You may download any files for windows so that you could be able to update the Smart remote using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-31
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

It appears that DJI has pulled the latest update as it no longer appears available to download.
2019-1-31
Use props
visioncut
New
Spain

In case is of help for everyone that experienced problems to update the firmware of the Smart Controller for DJI Mavic2 Pro, I figured it out that if you download the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and then connect your Laptop with the USB cable included in your fast charger and your Smart Controller, you will be able to update the firmware in a few minutes.
Via WIFI was impossible for me also.
2019-3-13
Use props
visioncut
New
Spain

In case is of help for everyone that experienced problems to update the firmware of the Smart Controller for DJI Mavic2 Pro, I figured it out that if you download the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and then connect your Laptop with the USB cable included in your fast charger and your Smart Controller, you will be able to update the firmware in a few minutes.
Via WIFI was impossible for me also.
2019-3-13
Use props
fans542e7e97
New
Italy

I have a problem with the update too. I tried to do the update, but it's disconnected. Now I can no longer enter, because it asks me for the PIN code to access Android and still can not select the keyboard. Is there the possibility of a general reset?
2019-3-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Version 2.00.xx doesn't make any sense there is no such for aircraft neither smart controller that is really strange what it detected.
2019-3-18
Use props
fans5a78aee1
Flight distance : 73022 ft
United States

Ok it’s 4/19/19 and just went to update my firmware on M2p and WiFi  would  keep getting disconnected turned  smart controller and M2p on and off serval times  keep getting the era message firmware failed .and WiFi would be disconnected Found out moving the M2p far away from your WiFi box will fix the problem . I put my M2p on my porch and I was inside with smart controller and no more problem with WiFi and update went through no problem hope this helps.
2019-4-19
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had the same issue and I just kept retrying it until it finally took. Here I thought I was having wifi issues but it appears everyone experienced this issue.
2019-4-20
Use props
lama67
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, I bought Mavic 2 zoom with smart controller. There were two updates. It was not possible to perform both updates from the smart controller. The process crashes due to an error: The message says network disconnected. It is actually connected to wifi, there are no errors. I am forced to update the firmware from the PC. Is it only a problem of my controller / mavic 2 or is it actually possible to upgrade only from a PC?
I'm really disappointed.  The DJI store in Rome, where I purchased the mavic, was unable to give me an answer.
Do I have to send the drone and the controller back for repair? Are you at DJI unable to resolve the situation?Even from a PC the download often stops and I have to resume the process.
Disappointed and angry

2019-4-22
Use props
lama67
lvl.1
Italy

this is the message error from smart controller and from PC  (DJI assistant 2)

2019-4-22
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

lama67 Posted at 4-22 11:28
this is the message error from smart controller and from PC  (DJI assistant 2)[view_image]
[view_image]

I did the update yesterday using the PC.  It did take three tries.  It seemed to work better on a usb3 port and matching cable.
2019-4-22
Use props
Markus87654
New
Flight distance : 5430 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Assistant 2 2.0.8 is not recognizing Smart Controller using the USB A-to-C cable that came with the charger, on Windows.
Any advice?
2019-4-26
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Markus87654 Posted at 4-26 10:37
Assistant 2 2.0.8 is not recognizing Smart Controller using the USB A-to-C cable that came with the charger, on Windows.
Any advice?

Try a different usb port.  Some are having better luck with usb2 port.
2019-4-26
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Just wasted 3 hours. Firstly I can only download Assistant 2 v2.0.6 (https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic) whereas I see others can get v2.0.8, not sure if this is related to the problem of not being able to update the smart controller. I've tried firstly updating as stated in the smart controller manual.
1. Make sure the remote controller is powered off, and then connect the remote controller to a computer using a USB 3.0 USB-C cable.
2. Power on the remote controller.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and log in using a DJI account.
4. Click the Smart Controller icon, and then “Firmware Update”.
5. Select and confirm the firmware version you want to update.
6. DJI Assistant 2 will download and update the firmware automatically.
At the end of the download and SC update it fails with the error that there's a network connection problem  (which there isn't, all connections are good).
I contacted DJI online chat but unable to find a solution.
I guess we're all having the same problem. Hope DJI is listening

2019-4-26
Use props
Markus87654
New
Flight distance : 5430 ft
  • >>>
Austria

This time it worked... funny. Same cable, same port...
2019-4-26
Use props
Shawn Patapoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6296 ft
Canada

There is a new version of DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic: v2.0.8. I was having the same issues, then updated the Assistant to the newest version. Everything has updated as expected now.
2019-4-30
Use props
fans24af896f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

you buy the most expensive controller they have and it won't perform a simple update.

there is no technical reason anyone should have to juggle cables and download apps to make something work.

maybe DJI needs to outsource their software development to silicon valley or India, obviously the Chinese can't figure it out.
2019-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules