DJI GO 4 *now* showing NOT compatible with Galaxy S9
2996 4 2019-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maaavelous
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331 ft
United States

New to DJI drones, got my Mavic 2 Pro on Monday.
I was able to install DJI GO 4 on my phone (S9) then but never quite got it to work as it constantly disconnected from remote and a/c. I thought it was the cable or that I had gotten lucky with a defective unit but when I used a Moto G6 it all worked right away.
Today I installed the new firmware on controller and a/c using DJI assistant, tried the S9 but disconnect issues remained. I tried the Moto G6 and it worked out fine, it did complain about version discrepancy even though both a/c and controller had been updated. It updated the firmware anyway and I was able to fly the unit with no problems using the Moto G6.
I decided to remove and reinstall the app on the Galaxy S9 only to find out the darn thing now shows to be incompatible at the play store. See pics
I was just on a chat with support earlier today. What gives?

BTW I tried connecting the phone to both, micro and A USB ports with same result.

Any other app I can use with the Mavic 2 Pro that works with the S9?

Screenshot_20190124-200427_Google Play Store.jpg        no_dice.jpg

2019-1-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Strange, since DJI lists Samsung S9.

Android V4.3.2
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, ...
2019-1-24
Use props
Mavelous
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331 ft
United States

I've just tried again and I was able to install the app directly from the phone, on my computer it still shows not comptible.
Flew a bit without disconnecting albeit using the USB A port (bottom of controller)
Will try to fly again tomorrow.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that this concern already escalated to our developer for them to rectify it and again were sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-1-25
Use props
ronya
New
Israel

Yes, that's the case for me as well!

I installed the DJI GO 4 on my S9+ one month ago and everything was fine. Now on playstore it say that this installed app is no longer compatible with my device. Actually, if I'll search for DJI GO 4 on Play from my phone, I can't see it anymore. Something is broken in your release process to Google store. In addition I like to ask a question about the versioning of the DJI GO 4. In few threads in this forum, users mentioned that there is a release of 4.3.4 for Android. However, I can't find it anywhere. Is this version really exist? I saw on this on a clip on YouTube that there is such version. I wonder if this is the minimum version to support precision landing for Mavic 2 zoom (after firmware was updated to latest)?
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules