DJ Inspire 2 Will not Accept an SD card
2605 7 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hogtopia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2723 ft
United States

I have a new to me Inspire 2 that I purchased from the original owner.  One of the first things I did was to make sure the memory cards were empty and so I dumped their content to my local computer and then emptied the contents.  This included a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 64GBV10 XC1 (which I was told came with the unit) and CINESSD.  When putting the SD Card back in, I keep getting an Error that says, The SD card has an error, please replace it."  The card works in my GoPro Hero 7 and can be read by my MacBook Pro 15".

I have tried the following:

1. Delete all the files and place it back in the Inspire.  Result: SD Card Error ... please replace
2. Format the card on the Mac using ExFAT format and place it back in the Inspire.  Results: SD Card Error ... please replace.
3. After 2, Reset the camera settings and then try formatting.  Two different results: 1. SD Card Error Please replace, and an exclamation status and where I'm allowed to start a format that never ends.
4. The I tried using a SanDisk Extreme 128GB U3 128GB which I believe is compatible.  Works fine in my computer and a Go Pro Hero 5 and 7.  Results: simplar to the 65GB card where I alternate between SD Error ... please replace and some attempts at formatting that never end.

Thoughts on next steps or am I missing something simple.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hogtopia, sorry for the troubles with SD card, if the issue happens to every SD card, it could be the problem of the SD card slot, I'm afraid the drone will need to be sent in for further evaluation, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2019-1-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did the previous owner mention this when it was sold to you?
2019-1-25
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-25 06:45

The indicator on the DJ GO didn't show an issue so I didn't question it.  When I spoke with them later they indicated that there had been times there was an issue but restarting a few times "fixed the problem" .  
They just left the card in and use the SSD so it was not an issue for them.  

I think I poked the bear when I was dumping the SD.  Seeing many posts about similar issues has me questioning if its me or a problem with the platform.  Regardless, it seems to not be an unusual problem.

I'm going to try nuking the SD card's MBR with zeros and re-partition the card then format with ExFAT.  It would be nice if there was some kind of reason code for the failure as opposed to a generic failure to aid in diagnostics.  
2019-1-25
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-25 06:45

The indicator on the DJ GO didn't show an issue so I didn't question it.  When I spoke with them later they indicated that there had been times there was an issue but restarting a few times "fixed the problem" .  
They just left the card in and use the SSD so it was not an issue for them.  

I think I poked the bear when I was dumping the SD.  Seeing many posts about similar issues has me questioning if its me or a problem with the platform.  Regardless, it seems to not be an unusual problem.

I'm going to try nuking the SD card's MBR with zeros and re-partition the card then format with ExFAT.  It would be nice if there was some kind of reason code for the failure as opposed to a generic failure to aid in diagnostics.  
2019-1-25
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
United States

When I inspected the unit the SD health was fine so it didn't come up.  When I spoke with them later they indicated that there had been times there was an issue but restarting a few times "fixed the problem" .  
They just left the card in and use the SSD so it was not an issue for them.  Note to self: don't assume simple things like this just work.  

I think I poked the bear when I was dumping the SD.  Seeing many posts about similar issues has me questioning if it's me or a problem with the platform.  Regardless, it seems to not be an unusual problem.

2019-1-25
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
United States

bugger, didn't mean to reply so many times .  Web interface didn't refresh so I thought the update was not received ... lesson learned...so many learning opportunities this week.
2019-1-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Only way to learn.  you sound knowledgeable.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules