Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I made a cover for my Osmo Pocket + Controller Wheel.
2787 17 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This was a fun project for CAD + 3D Printer...

Printed with flexible material.

OsmoPocket.jpg
2019-1-25
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wow! Great work! You found a way to maximise your resources and come up with a very innovative item. Cheers!
2019-1-25
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Looks great! Have enough room to add lining inside just like the original case?
2019-1-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Looks really cool! Nicely done!
2019-1-25
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I've seen one like this some days ago on Thingiverse, and did print it with PLA :-)
Is the one on Thingiverse from you?
2019-1-25
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 1-25 06:34
Looks great! Have enough room to add lining inside just like the original case?

I thought about that... There's room for it, but I don't think its necessary.  The case is made from a soft flexible material, so it won't damage the Osmo.
2019-1-25
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

NoëI Posted at 1-25 09:53
I've seen one like this some days ago on Thingiverse, and did print it with PLA :-)
Is the one on Thingiverse from you?

Mine isn't on Thingiverse...  I just did a search there and couldn't find a case, but Thingiverse search function is pretty useless!
2019-1-25
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done!
2019-1-25
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

BigStuart Posted at 1-25 10:00
Mine isn't on Thingiverse...  I just did a search there and couldn't find a case, but Thingiverse search function is pretty useless!

Here you go: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3366344
The picture in the "Make" is the one from me.
Edit. I just noticed that your version does not have the WiFi part in it. :-)
2019-1-25
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

NoëI Posted at 1-25 11:30
Here you go: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3366344
The picture in the "Make" is the one from me.
Edit. I just noticed that your version does not have the WiFi part in it. :-)

Nice.  I debated with myself whether I should include a cover for the control wheel buttons, and decided not to beause it would be bulkier.  I only carry mine in a jacket pocket so it doesn't need too much protection, really just the gimbal.  I also don't see a need to keep the wifi dongle attached, so I left that out too. Anything is possible though, it can always be modified!
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job big stuart..
2019-1-25
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

BigStuart Posted at 1-25 11:37
Nice.  I debated with myself whether I should include a cover for the control wheel buttons, and decided not to beause it would be bulkier.  I only carry mine in a jacket pocket so it doesn't need too much protection, really just the gimbal.  I also don't see a need to keep the wifi dongle attached, so I left that out too. Anything is possible though, it can always be modified!

This is making me want to buy a 3D printer! Lol. Are there any 3D printing shops that will let you print one item?
2019-1-25
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

I think it would be great to also include some space for an ND filter that’s attached to the gimbal. Not sure if the original OP leaves some room for an ND filter but I don’t even bother removing it when storing in the case.
2019-1-25
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 1-25 13:13
This is making me want to buy a 3D printer! Lol. Are there any 3D printing shops that will let you print one item?

3D printing is a fun hobby!  You could search for "Makerspace" around your location, I've also read that some libraries have 3D printers for public use.
2019-1-25
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AmaDee Posted at 1-25 13:15
I think it would be great to also include some space for an ND filter that’s attached to the gimbal. Not sure if the original OP leaves some room for an ND filter but I don’t even bother removing it when storing in the case.

That's a good idea! If there's an ND filter on there it could exert a force on the gimbal.  It's easy enough to add a small recess under the camera lens.  In fact, I just measured it and even without a filter, the camera protrudes a bit in the "park" position, so there should be a recess there anyway.
2019-1-25
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Just rip the closing strap off your regular case....same thing.
2019-1-26
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 1-26 12:15
Just rip the closing strap off your regular case....same thing.

It's not just the closing strap.  The slot on the side of the original case isn't big enough to take the controller wheel.
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules