3157 7 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droncek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1953225 ft
Slovenia

Hello from new mavic 2 zoom user

I bought it new 3 days ago and made 4 very nice flights without any problems whatsoever. After last flight I upgraded firmware with dji assistant for mavic 2 series from V01.00.0200 to V01.00.0300 since dji go app was telling me to upgrade firmware and so I did. And here comes the problem. After succesful upgrade gimbal not working anymore. In dji go app  there is no icon or menu for gimbal anymore, like gimbal not exist. Then I downgraded back to V01.00.0200 hoping it would solve the problem but it did not. Then I downgraded to V01.00.0100 with no difference.
I made a short video of what gimbal is doing during powering on where you can see that it not allign the camera to horisontal position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-wDFsfwCo

Is there anything I can do to fix it without voiding a warranty. I'm frustrated since it is expensive brand new drone which must last way more than 4 flights without problems.

Thank you and regards from EU!

2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats not good. Have you tried doing a factory reset via DJI assistant 2 for mavic? This might help but otherwise @DJIStephen or another admin might need to intervene and provide more assistance. I am sorry to hear that this has happened to your aircraft and hope that this issue will be resolved soon.
PS, if you still can, there might be a possiblity you could return the aircraft to the vendor citing defect, but otherwise you might have to send it in.
2019-1-25
Use props
droncek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1953225 ft
Slovenia

Thank you for your reply. Dji assistant for mavic 2 not offering me factory reset option. There are different firmware versions to select but not any kind of factory reset option. I downloaded assistant directly from mavic 2 dji page. All firmware versions that I tried reports succesful upgrade but then dji go 4 app always reports gimbal not available. Like it is not mounted on a drone anymore.

I had spark and mavic air before and had no problems but here with zoom after 3 days of use not operational anymore. I'm sad
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_f2Hbfm1Tc57L
New
Flight distance : 107067 ft
Germany

Hey everyone,

I also have some problems since the last update, though its not the gimbal. I m not able to change camera settings (e.g. change record at 1080p 30 fps to 60 fps). The settings buttons are greyed out. Same problem for taking pictures. I cant change e.g. to HDR as the buttons are greyed out and I also cant take any picture (no shutter sound when clicking the button, no picture on drone sd card). I downgraded to V01.00.00 and everything works fine. After upgrading again to V01.00.03 same problem. I reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app and also reupdated the firmeware of the remote control. I also switched devices (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Ipad Air 3) resulting in the same problems. On the Ipad I couldnt even get into the "taking picture" mode. It directly jumps back to movie mode.

Does anybody have the same problem?
2019-1-26
Use props
VT Aerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448041 ft
Philippines

djiuser_f2Hbfm1Tc57L Posted at 1-26 01:56
Hey everyone,

I also have some problems since the last update, though its not the gimbal. I m not able to change camera settings (e.g. change record at 1080p 30 fps to 60 fps). The settings buttons are greyed out. Same problem for taking pictures. I cant change e.g. to HDR as the buttons are greyed out and I also cant take any picture (no shutter sound when clicking the button, no picture on drone sd card). I downgraded to V01.00.00 and everything works fine. After upgrading again to V01.00.03 same problem. I reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app and also reupdated the firmeware of the remote control. I also switched devices (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Ipad Air 3) resulting in the same problems. On the Ipad I couldnt even get into the "taking picture" mode. It directly jumps back to movie mode.

Now having trouble switching from photo to video mode.
Tap video mode and i always comes back to photo mode.
Damn DJI upgrade!
2019-1-30
Use props
VT Aerials
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448041 ft
Philippines

Hey bro, That alao happened to me. You also need to downgrade your remote to .200.  After successful downgrade. Reset all settings in DJI Go4 app. That did the trick for me.  
743E5DBF-D50E-4C7A-8184-71CEC3C09E00.png
9C7054A0-77C9-4484-8F6C-38ACBA9B064E.png
2019-1-30
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I'm going to wait to upgrade my mavic zoom.  I just don't want to take the chance.
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_XBLcUErOsuYm
New

South Africa

djiuser_f2Hbfm1Tc57L Posted at 1-26 01:56
Hey everyone,

I also have some problems since the last update, though its not the gimbal. I m not able to change camera settings (e.g. change record at 1080p 30 fps to 60 fps). The settings buttons are greyed out. Same problem for taking pictures. I cant change e.g. to HDR as the buttons are greyed out and I also cant take any picture (no shutter sound when clicking the button, no picture on drone sd card). I downgraded to V01.00.00 and everything works fine. After upgrading again to V01.00.03 same problem. I reinstalled the DJI GO 4 app and also reupdated the firmeware of the remote control. I also switched devices (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Ipad Air 3) resulting in the same problems. On the Ipad I couldnt even get into the "taking picture" mode. It directly jumps back to movie mode.

I have the same problem. Did you manage to fix it?
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules