Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 zoom - problem after upgrade
4290 6 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droncek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1953225 ft
Slovenia

Hello from new mavic 2 zoom user

I bought it new 3 days ago and made 4 very nice flights without any problems whatsoever. After last flight I upgraded firmware with dji assistant for mavic 2 series from V01.00.0200 to V01.00.0300 since dji go app was telling me to upgrade firmware and so I did. And here comes the problem. After succesful upgrade gimbal not working anymore. In dji go app  there is no icon or menu for gimbal anymore, like gimbal not exist. Then I downgraded back to V01.00.0200 hoping it would solve the problem but it did not. Then I downgraded to V01.00.0100 with no difference.
I made a short video of what gimbal is doing during powering on where you can see that it not allign the camera to horisontal position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-wDFsfwCo

Is there anything I can do to fix it without voiding a warranty. I'm frustrated since it is expensive brand new drone which must last way more than 4 flights without problems.

Thank you and regards from EU!

2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Mavic 2 Zoom. Just to clarify, can you please check if there's an option for you to calibrate the gimbal? If yes, can you please calibrate it? If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending it for replacement. You may contact our support at www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Should you have further question,  please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
droncek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1953225 ft
Slovenia

Thank you miss Natalia for your reply. As I said dji go4 app not recognizes gimball anymore. No gimbal  icon or menu anymore and no gimbal calibration option. Im so sad since it is new drone with only 4 flights.

Well this means I will have to send it.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_XBLcUErOsuYm
New

South Africa

How come with upgrades it is allowed that error's occurs? I think the IT team needs to verify software first and if the error persist, needs to provide sufficient support as these devices are costly.
2019-6-10
Use props
djiuser_XBLcUErOsuYm
New

South Africa

Same issue on my side.  I was able to fly the previous day.  The following day it prompted me for an upgrade to version .0400.  Thereafter the Gimbal option and camera option disappeared, including my rotation options on my remote    Replacement  not an option, the software must be revisited....
2019-6-10
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Try to update, using the assistant 2 software on your pc. I had some problems with an update thru the controller.
Problems were solved after installing the same software, but from the pc with assistant 2 software.
2019-6-17
Use props
GerdK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34488 ft
Austria

Same problem with upgrade to 1.00.0670. Gimbal does not working correctly. Swaps from left to right, stutters. After many restarts (and batterie goes down before the first flight :-( ) the camer stands not exactly.
Recalibration of the gimbal stand still at 20%, the gimbal shakes from one side to the other. CRAP!
DJI says i must send it to repair. So what!!!! NO crashes, round about 70 flights over all time and it must repair for many 100 or 500 bucks?
NO!
THIS day i downgraded my Mavic 2 Zoom to the version 1.00.0300 and all works PERFECT! The gimbal is the right position, and i CAN recalibrate the gimbal without any problems.

I love DJI, but DJI makes the hardware supposedly broken with software upgrades. And we as customers must pay for unnecessary repairs!
2021-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules