Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No CrystalSky support
893 17 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeMavicDHH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear people at DJI,
it is disappointing, not to say outrageous, that you don't support your 'valued' CrystalSky customers at all! You promote that product as professional item but your behaviour regarding CrystalSky customers isn't professional at all! You let them down completely. You may take into account, that we paid a hell lot of money for that brick, which it seems to be right now.
You don't care, how to attach it to the remote in a reliable way since months. You don't care about getting the latest DJI Go 4 app on it. So depending users cannot take advantage of long awaited functions such as way point 2.0.
What is going on in your PR department? It seems that they don't give a sh.. for their customers after receiving the money for equipment.
There is another point which fits into that bad, unprofessional and embarrassing behaviour. Instead of showing a little appreciation to your addicted fan community by letting them use their DJI Select coupons for buying your overpriced smart remote, you don't fulfill your promise (DJI Select coupons are valid for accessories!) and refuse to accept them.
As you may have noticed, I am really annoyed having spent 549,-€ for a gadget, which I cannot use in an appropiate way. I understand that a company has to keep an eye on return of investment, but I claim the same for me as a customer. Remember that we are the ones who are paying your salaries by buying your products!!! It should be one of your main concerns to keep your customers satisfied in the long run. I don't see that attempt.
DJI wouldn't be the first company to loose a lot of customers due to such an unsatisfying behavior.
DJI offers products of high quality if not the best on the market. Don't spoil your reputation by letting your customers down!
Kind regards - Joe

2019-1-25
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

It is my belief that the new Smart Controller will spell the end of the Crystalsky screen.  Support was already almost non existent so I really don't expect a change.  That said I really like my CS and as long as it keeps working as it is I'm OK with it.  I don't use any of the auto features so I'm good as is.  
2019-1-25
Use props
FLYINHASS
First Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Lucky me I bought a Crystalsky... Seems I won't have to update it very soon. At least I hope it will be reliable, thanks Joe for your infos. (and NO I've never owned a Mavic Pro as it is showed... next to the Mavic 2 Pro icon)
2019-1-25
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

What do you expect.. DJI hate the CS. Its like an unloved step child... CS has started to feel old clunky and under powered.

Firmware last updated back in May 2018 and currently languishing on Go 4 version 4.3.4  

I suspect the new “Smart controller” will end up the same in a few short months being as it is a custom android app the same as the CS

I just hope more perspective customer read post like this before purchasing, its the only way things may ever improve.
2019-1-25
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Agree, that's real disaster. Completely unacceptable. This attitude from DJI side  to CS keeps me away from buying Mavic 2 Zoom, as i still can not get full featured control for it from CS.
2019-1-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

You promote that product as professional item but your behaviour regarding CrystalSky customers isn't professional at all!

It's called marketing...   

Whatever problems you have with CrystalSky, report them here, perhaps someone can help.  
If not, then send CrystalSky in.  And when you get CrystalSky back, report here what results were.
2019-1-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-25 14:09
What do you expect.. DJI hate the CS. Its like an unloved step child... CS has started to feel old clunky and under powered.

Firmware last updated back in May 2018 and currently languishing on Go 4 version 4.3.4  

CS has started to feel old clunky and under powered.

It has been that way from Day #1 (03/2018)

There was only one reason to buy CrystalSky Ultra - to be able to see screen in daylight.

2019-1-25
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-25 16:01
CS has started to feel old clunky and under powered.

It has been that way from Day #1 (03/2018)

LOL HedgeTrimmer, I was trying to be kind to them .....
2019-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t think this has anything to do with Crystalsky, this is about app for Android neither Crystalsky or smart controller deserves to be put ahead of either iOS or Android devices, what needs to be done is to have all apps ready to go on the same day.
Apart from thinking Crystalsky should sit on a pedestal above other devices, all of your other points I fully agree with, this is extremely underhanded by dji and the fact they made no announcement about android app being available at anytime, leads me to believe they don’t actually know.

So for all android users it certainly looks like dji don’t give a damn about any of us and it’s a shame on dji that they don’t have the B#ll’s to come out and say anything about this.
2019-1-25
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

My SRC is being delivered on Monday.  I am thinking twice on sending it back unopened for this reason!  I am drawn to the portability with the remote and screen. But I know the lack of firmware support for certain devices. I owned a CS and a OSMO Pro w/X5. To me, they seem to be on the backburner when it comes to updates.

I am starting to think the “masses” of their customer base relies on using a phone while the small percentage of customers opt to purchase their more elaborate devices, aka. SRC.  I am starting to feel that we are being used as their guinea pigs. We provide feedback on what we want. They try to appease us, but are blocked either due to hardware and/or software limitations.  Thus, not being updated.

They will always take care of their standalone Android/iOS apps since the mass uses them. If they lose their mass, then sales drops, and their employees have to justify the loss in sales.

Your thoghts?!?
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Joe, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. For the App update for CrystalSky, I have forwarded to our engineers and will keep following. Regarding the available list of DJI Select, we're sorry that we have not received any news about DJI Smart Controller, please note our website for future progress, thank you!
2019-1-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Fraggboy Posted at 1-25 18:41
My SRC is being delivered on Monday.  I am thinking twice on sending it back unopened for this reason!  I am drawn to the portability with the remote and screen. But I know the lack of firmware support for certain devices. I owned a CS and a OSMO Pro w/X5. To me, they seem to be on the backburner when it comes to updates.

I am starting to think the “masses” of their customer base relies on using a phone while the small percentage of customers opt to purchase their more elaborate devices, aka. SRC.  I am starting to feel that we are being used as their guinea pigs. We provide feedback on what we want. They try to appease us, but are blocked either due to hardware and/or software limitations.  Thus, not being updated.

I have a SRC. Its nicely put together and the screen is v. bright. good enough to be used in broad daylight without a hood. It's got better connectivity options than the CS (I think they allow some apps in unlike CS) and there is internal storage over and above the SD card. A few more customisable buttons than the stock RC. However, I did range testing and its range is poor in comparison to the stock controller. In full line of sight the difference is about 40% lower.

I agree with Hedge trimmer than the main reason to get a CS or even the SRC is the screen. I appreciate obstacle avoidance but am a light user of the other auto features. The more complex flying gets, the likelihood of something going wrong during a flight increases.
2019-1-25
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same old corporate speak from Susan, Natalie, Tony...whomever!

I really think it's the same person!

Unacceptable and you can bet NOTHING will be done about it!

Maybe they should have an obsolescence return policy!

What say you DJI ?
2019-1-25
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 1-25 19:45
I have a SRC. Its nicely put together and the screen is v. bright. good enough to be used in broad daylight without a hood. It's got better connectivity options than the CS (I think they allow some apps in unlike CS) and there is internal storage over and above the SD card. A few more customisable buttons than the stock RC. However, I did range testing and its range is poor in comparison to the stock controller. In full line of sight the difference is about 40% lower.

I agree with Hedge trimmer than the main reason to get a CS or even the SRC is the screen. I appreciate obstacle avoidance but am a light user of the other auto features. The more complex flying gets, the likelihood of something going wrong during a flight increases.

yes, you can run third party apps on CS!

All the SRC is a marketing ploy...Same Android 5.5" Screen.

So tell me SRC users...are you running the latest Go4 app 4.3.12??

After all...It's been 'officially' announced.

Really...this company gives new meaning to 'Chinese Fire Drill'.
2019-1-25
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

geoffz Posted at 1-25 23:19
yes, you can run third party apps on CS!

All the SRC is a marketing ploy...Same Android 5.5" Screen.

Same Android 5.5" Screen.

Actually it isn't. The display panel may be the same but the Android system on CS is 2 major release in the past.

CS needs a complete ground up rebuild to the latest version of Android, the same as the Smart Controller.

But that requires development effort that is being pumped into new products not older products. Unfortunately.

I suspect the Phantom 5 is not too far away as all stock of P4 Pro 2s have gone from the DJI Store.

2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 1-26 03:11

You are correct, SRC is a much different kettle of fish than the Crystalsky.
2019-1-26
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, and how much longer will they support the SRC before something else gets marketed.

Planned obsolescence is not in the interest of customers that purchase products and want them to endure for a reasonable amount of time.

Unacceptable.
2019-1-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

But that requires development effort that is being pumped into new products not older products. Unfortunately.

Common Theme?  Year old products, pushed to back burner in favor of development of forth coming.  Two year old products, shoved to warming plate on back porch...

2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules