Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Front Trigger dosen't work on my Ronin-S
14278 34 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C_hoari
lvl.1
France

Like I said in the title, my front trigger dosen't work after one day of use.
I pushed the button twice /Three time and...nothing happened.
There is a manupulation to do ? My trigger is desactivate or broke ?
I already try to set the Ronin-S to the basic configuration or update it and nothing again...
Can someone give me a solution ?

Thank you

Melvin
2019-1-25
Use props
RJMcIvor
lvl.1
Australia

Heya, I just got mine a few days ago, used it twice and now the trigger functions don't work as well.
2019-1-26
Use props
Omalnithi
New
United Arab Emirates

same problem in ma Ronin S the front trigger not working
double Tap - Note working
3 Tap         - Not working
4 Tap and hold - not working
Please help me waiting for your reply

Thank you
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Omalnithi Posted at 2-25 05:08
same problem in ma Ronin S the front trigger not working
double Tap - Note working
3 Tap         - Not working

Hi Omalnithi, I have just replied your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-173662-1-1.html Please keep us updated in one thread and we will keep following up, thanks.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Melvin, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year, may I verify if the issue persists? If you are sure your operate the Trigger Button correctly, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation, sorry for the trouble caused.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJMcIvor Posted at 1-26 02:31
Heya, I just got mine a few days ago, used it twice and now the trigger functions don't work as well.

Hi RJMclvor, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year, may I verify if the issue persists? If you are sure you operate the Trigger Button correctly, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation, sorry for the trouble caused.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_IAt91l6hRdmt
New
Jordan

Hello,

same problem. I just used the Ronin S four days during our documentary in Jordan - and we have 1 1/2 weeks more filming. It worked all perfectly until now - suddenly the fron trigger doesnt work anymore. Camera is balanced correctly, restoring gimbal settings doesnt help, in the app recenter is working.
I really need quick help as we are filming more and I cant send it in right now
2019-3-13
Use props
abdo fkereen
New
Libya

I am also the same problem
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_IAt91l6hRdmt Posted at 3-13 11:54
Hello,

same problem. I just used the Ronin S four days during our documentary in Jordan - and we have 1 1/2 weeks more filming. It worked all perfectly until now - suddenly the fron trigger doesnt work anymore. Camera is balanced correctly, restoring gimbal settings doesnt help, in the app recenter is working.

Hi there, sorry for the late response and the troubles with the Trigger button. Did you get it solved? If no,  please make sure your trigger operation is correct. If you still cannot trigger the gimbal recenter/selfie command, the device will need to be sent in to see if there is a hardware defect.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

abdo fkereen Posted at 3-21 12:20
I am also the same problem

Hi abdo, sorry to hear that, please make sure your trigger operation is correct. If you still cannot trigger the gimbal recenter/selfie command, the device will need to be sent in to see if there is a hardware defect. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to further assistance.
2019-3-22
Use props
djiuser_lDKhvNqr8zJl
New

United States

Same here. Only two days of use on location and the brand new Ronin S stopped responding to trigger presses. After trying every tip I found online, nothing worked and the Ronin was basically useless during the second half of my shoot. Is there a fix or does it need to be sent back?
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_lDKhvNqr8zJl Posted at 4-8 09:12
Same here. Only two days of use on location and the brand new Ronin S stopped responding to trigger presses. After trying every tip I found online, nothing worked and the Ronin was basically useless during the second half of my shoot. Is there a fix or does it need to be sent back?

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the troubles with the Trigger button, if you are sure your trigger operation is correct but there is no any response, the device will need to be sent in to check if the button is damaged, please contact your reseller or our support www.dji.com/support for further assistance, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-8
Use props
salp42
United States

I have the same problem too! I'm about to send it in but I'm afraid they're gonna charge me. Have you guys sent  yours  in yet? I feel like if it's an  issue a lot of people are happening that should be evidence that it's the user's fault
2019-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

salp42 Posted at 4-20 19:54
I have the same problem too! I'm about to send it in but I'm afraid they're gonna charge me. Have you guys sent  yours  in yet? I feel like if it's an  issue a lot of people are happening that should be evidence that it's the user's fault

Hi salp42, sorry to know you have the same problem, please send in the device for the evaluation first, if you have any concern of the quotation, please keep me updated with the case number, I will help verify, thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
HelenHelen
New
Estonia

Did anyone get any answers? I have the same issue. It stopped working within a week. I was doing very basic filming - basically walking around with the gimbal. The camera was stabilized well, everything was ok. And then out of nowhere, the trigger  stopped working.
2019-6-5
Use props
Alex_bln
New
Germany

Got my Ronin S in January. Just did some basic tests and everything worked fine. No I have an upcoming docu shoot. Reassambled it and the front trigger seems to be dead. Nothing happened to the Ronin S. Always was stored safely etc. No re-centering, no selfie mode, no nothing. Called the Germany support and they told me I have to send it in on my own costs. No clue how long the repair will take. This sucks. Very dissapointing. After owning a few DJI items, I'm thinking of changing the brand.
2019-6-7
Use props
fans9534a3fd
lvl.1
Indonesia

guys,is there any solution of this case..?
i have the same problem,my ronin s work properly,2 month later,in the middle of taking video,the front trigger didn't work..zzz

anyone help..
2019-8-17
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.3
Germany

I can confirm this problem. Trigger button occasionally simply stops working at all, then works again.
Turning gimbal on / off usually fixes it.

This is most likely a FIRMWARE ISSUE, as its either working as desired, or not working at all.
A mechanical / electrical issue would behave different (interpreting tripple press for double f.e.)
2019-8-23
Use props
fans9534a3fd
lvl.1
Indonesia

Meierhans Posted at 8-23 03:42
I can confirm this problem. Trigger button occasionally simply stops working at all, then works again.
Turning gimbal on / off usually fixes it.

i already did..but its still doesn't work... *sad

oh come on dji, i'm a dji user from phantom 2 until inspire 2.. all that aircraft work properly,so i assume the ronin s will be great stuff.. after this ronin s issue,i've gotta think twice.. hope theres a solution for this issue..
2019-8-24
Use props
oelermaPH
New

I have the same problem, I need assap solution,
2019-9-11
Use props
oelermaPH
New

Meierhans Posted at 8-23 03:42
Turning gimbal on / off usually fixes it.

but I download update and it remains the same.
2019-9-11
Use props
fans4fec9ea8
New

I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

When you open up the 5 screws from the bottom of the motor (where you connect the battery), if you press on the trigger button, you should see 2 more screws stick out. The reason those screw sticks out when trigger us pressed down is because it is loose.

Simply screw those screw tight again, and then put everything back. Everything will be working again!
2019-9-17
Use props
Otjep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328461 ft
  • >>>

fans4fec9ea8 Posted at 9-17 06:37
I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

When you open up the 5 screws from the bottom of the motor (where you connect the battery), if you press on the trigger button, you should see 2 more screws stick out. The reason those screw sticks out when trigger us pressed down is because it is loose.

Hey... I did the same thing like you did and it works well now... Not too hard though to open it and just tighten it...
2019-9-29
Use props
Mauricio ortiz
New

My ronin s front trigger is not working either .. what are the steps I need to follow to send it back for further inspections???
2019-9-30
Use props
Tomas Kukta
New

Lithuania

fans4fec9ea8 Posted at 9-17 06:37
I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

When you open up the 5 screws from the bottom of the motor (where you connect the battery), if you press on the trigger button, you should see 2 more screws stick out. The reason those screw sticks out when trigger us pressed down is because it is loose.

Joined this forum just to say thank you.
It works!
2019-10-30
Use props
djiuser_FlI3Y97HtkRN
New

United States

My DJi Ronin trigger isn't working. I just updated my firmware and reset everything back to original settings and still doesn't work. Im very disappointed in this product. I need this fixed asap I've only used this thing once for a job and now I cant even depend on it anymore. Can somebody let me know how to get this resolved.
2019-11-1
Use props
abhinavasinha
New
India

I have purchased the Ronin SC just before a trip to Sri Lanka and it was working fine for the first 2 days of the trip and suddenly the trigger for selfie mode stopped working. Even though double push to button exits and pans but 3clicks doesn’t come to selfie anymore. The gimbal isn’t even a month old. Can anyone please help?
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

abhinavasinha Posted at 11-7 02:09
I have purchased the Ronin SC just before a trip to Sri Lanka and it was working fine for the first 2 days of the trip and suddenly the trigger for selfie mode stopped working. Even though double push to button exits and pans but 3clicks doesn’t come to selfie anymore. The gimbal isn’t even a month old.  Can anyone please help?

Check that you didn't disable it in the app.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_zFoDXjwfyrBP
New
United Arab Emirates

I am so annoyed and wished I never bought the Ronin DJI sometimes it works and very often when I want to shoot, it's simply not going on.
2020-3-28
Use props
TomDPhoto
lvl.1
United States

fans4fec9ea8 Posted at 2019-9-17 06:37

I have 6 screws?
2020-5-4
Use props
amedeo.caramazzagmail.com
New
Italy

Thank you! It works. After 10 months finally I can use the button again.
2020-6-6
Use props
yhfphoto
New
United Kingdom

Can you tell me what screwdriver you used to complete this as my Ronin S used an allen key for the first 6 at the battery connection now is looking for a security screwdriver head for the trigger screws that are inside.
2020-7-3
Use props
David Wade1
New

Canada

RJMcIvor Posted at 2019-1-26 02:31

I have the same issue. Ronin S the front trigger stops working and i cant re centre ronin via double tap. If i shut it off and turn on again it sometimes works but not long. Did you ever find a solution?
2020-10-30
Use props
fanse72575d4
lvl.1

Ireland

I have the same problem when I press and hold trigger. It does not lock. Can anyone assist please?
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_Cjx57cscJo3U
New

Nigeria

I've been experiencing trigger not working as well. No one seems to have an answer online. I've decided to open it up myself.

When you open up the 5 screws from the bottom of the motor (where you connect the battery), if you press on the trigger button, you should see 2 more screws stick out. The reason those screw sticks out when trigger us pressed down is because it is loose.

I initially had this same issue, used my ronin sc for 1 week and in the middle of shooting the trigger button stopped working...i did exactly what the previous user said, took it apart and fixed the screws and its working perfectly now. I'm so so happy.
2022-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules