Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Returned for firmware update service
598 5 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanD
lvl.1
Singapore

I am here documenting my experience  with the Phantom Pro 3 firmware upgrade service process:
1. I purchased in Hong Kong airport in transit from Singapore to Vancouver Aug 2016. Used in Canada for about 10 days.

2.  Never used again until early 2018; when I went to fly it in Singapore, but could not as there was an error message (or something like that) stating that I need to update the firmware (haven't seen one of those firmware upgrade messages on a PC since about 1998)

3. I tried the firmware upgrade numerous times at home - never managed to complete the process

4. Contacted DJI and they said I need to send to Hong Kong for repairs (there is no service center in Singapore); due to shipping costs, I decided to wait until the next time I would be travelling to Hong Kong, then send it in locally

5. In Hong Kong I sent my drone via a local courier on a Weds Jan 16, and it was delivered to the HK service center the next day, Thurs 17; according to the DJI support website,  it then takes 2-4 working days from time of shipment arriving at the delivery center for an update to be given online (can view the status with the repair case number given to me) - but it took 7 working days to get the status update, not 2-4!

6. DJI now has my drone at the repair center and is evaluating it, the website states it will take 1-2 working days for the next update to be shared.

Stay posted for next update!
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi SeanD,  I manged to get your case number via the forum information. Upon checking the case, the process was delayed due to the merger of Hong Kong Customs and Commodity Inspection, we sincerely apologize for this, we have informed the repair team to expedite the whole process as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon.
2019-1-25
Use props
SeanD
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 1-25 23:27
Hi SeanD,  I manged to get your case number via the forum information. Upon checking the case, the process was delayed due to the merger of Hong Kong Customs and Commodity Inspection, we sincerely apologize for this, we have informed the repair team to expedite the whole process as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon.

THANK YOU DJI SUSAN!
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SeanD Posted at 1-26 19:46
THANK YOU DJI SUSAN!

You're welcome. We'll keep following up the case as well.
2019-1-27
Use props
SeanD
lvl.1
Singapore

Latest update from DJI is that I need to pay USD 265 for repairs. Now the key point is that prior to the Firmware update the drone worked seamlessly. Only after the firmware update was required, then it did not function, had to be sent in, and now requires $265 in repairs.

Paying $265 to repair a 2.5 year old drone is not a top priority for me, as I can probably buy a used version of same product for nearly the same price as the repairs.  

Obviously not a great situation for me. Very disappointed.

2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SeanD Posted at 1-28 22:09
Latest update from DJI is that I need to pay USD 265 for repairs. Now the key point is that prior to the Firmware update the drone worked seamlessly. Only after the firmware update was required, then it did not function, had to be sent in, and now requires $265 in repairs.

Paying $265 to repair a 2.5 year old drone is not a top priority for me, as I can probably buy a used version of same product for nearly the same price as the repairs.  

Sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided, upon checking the case, the drone has many physical damages and it has also been out of warranty. The damage assessment is based on the aircraft when we recived, your concern will be escalated to the higher level team to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules