Gimble rotation not symetrical
625 7 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emblagew1939
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
I have an annoying problem which I cannot solve.
The halfway point between the extreme end points of the gimble horizontal rotation, ie when the gimble has rotated halfway, should, I assume, be pointing directly forward.
However it is not, it is pointing 90 degrees to the left.
Tapping re-centre does not solve the problem, neither does recalibrating the gimble.
Can anyone suggest what else I can try?

2019-1-26
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you do a full re-calibrate?
2019-1-26
Use props
emblagew1939
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-26 10:53
Did you do a full re-calibrate?

Hi Wiz33
I am not sure what you mean by a full re-calibrate. I followed the instructions by placing the Osmo on a flat surface and tapping the re-calibrate icon. Was there more I should have done?
2019-1-27
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Since it is designed, with "selfies" in mind, the gimbal will go 180º from straight forward. This makes rotating left about 90º. I believe its full range is 330º.

Iif it was equal to both side, it could not rotate to the "selfie" position.
Don't know if this sheds any light on your situation.
2019-1-27
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

emblagew1939 Posted at 1-27 04:35
Hi Wiz33
I am not sure what you mean by a full re-calibrate. I followed the instructions by placing the Osmo on a flat surface and tapping the re-calibrate icon. Was there more I should have done?

Just checked mine, does the same thing., Guess it's offset for the selfie mode.
2019-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, it is normal. Selfie mode option aside, it will allow to make a footage of an object tracked on RH side while passing by. You may override this limitation by holding OP right side toward the object and monitoring on phone remotely by WiFi transmitter or via cable.
2019-1-27
Use props
emblagew1939
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-27 15:10
Yes, it is normal. Selfie mode option aside, it will allow to make a footage of an object tracked on RH side while passing by. You may override this limitation by holding OP right side toward the object and monitoring on phone remotely by WiFi transmitter or via cable.

Thank you all that answered.
Yes you are correct, it is normal behaviour, I missed it in the gimble specs (Pan range -230 to + 50 degrees).
However I think it is strange that you need to turn the camera 90 degrees to the left in order to get a full
-140 to +140 pan, meaning that, if using the thumbwheel, you cannot see the screen without getting your head in shot.
2019-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

emblagew1939 Posted at 1-28 07:25
Thank you all that answered.
Yes you are correct, it is normal behaviour, I missed it in the gimble specs (Pan range -230 to + 50 degrees).
However I think it is strange that you need to turn the camera 90 degrees to the left in order to get a full

Agree, it is a bit awkward. Blame v-loggers and selfie-shooters for this bizarre design decision. Oh, well...
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules