Waypoints like hyperlapse waypoint ?
1691 8 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey everyone out there I’ve got a dillema, I thought waypoint 2 would bring this option but it hasnt  how can one record waypoint whilst flying (like when doing a hyperlapse) ?

To me it would be much better to be able to frame a particular shot JUST AS I WANT IT, camera at a specific angle during the flight or doing various camera moves whilst also being 100% sure of where the drone is at all times rather than just guessing through a not so accurate map especially with heights ! Am i missing something here ? Why wouldn’t DJI release an option similar to hyperlapse waypoint but for normal filming ?? Would make life much easier and would allow for some spectacularly cinematic shots

Would litchi allow this kind of method ?

Thank you
2019-1-26
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

Yes I agree with this 100% .  Waypoints is useful, but I think a lot of us use it in a sense like Way Points hyperlapse.  There should be a way to put the drone up, fly to the location of the Way Point and or point of interest and when we set that Waypoint it should set to that  current height & direction unless you specify to have it position somewhere else.

A lot of time gets wasted in the air resetting height  and Waypoints especially if you're in an area your not familiar which always needs tweaks. Please add this DJI!

Thank you for pushing the update out to us this past week.

2019-1-26
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

Hi Geopixlz I tested Litchi out last night and it did act like hyperlapse waypoints in the DJI app where you can fly to location, drop the way point, and it's correspond to that current height. Tested it again this morning and it's not working that way. Need to do more testing.
2019-1-26
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

callaway2288 Posted at 1-26 11:06
Hi Geopixlz I tested Litchi out last night and it did act like hyperlapse waypoints in the DJI app where you can fly to location, drop the way point, and it's correspond to that current height. Tested it again this morning and it's not working that way. Need to do more testing.

Really ? That’s odd ! Will have to play with that when I get a chance ! Purchased the app last year but never actually used it ! I just wish DJI  added the option to add your own waypoints whilst flying ! Would be such an easy thing to do !
2019-1-26
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

I agree! I think this shouldn't even be a question. Hopefully DJI sees this and helps us out! People that travel have no idea the terrain and areas they're in which  require tweaking which drains battery and wastes time. We really need an option to fly directly to a waypoint mark it "real time".
2019-1-26
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI, if you’re actually reading this, please pretty please look into this option. I’m about to leave to south east Asia to start travelling full time on our YouTube channel and creating my own waypoint during flight would save me HOURS planning and would avoid wasting batteries and potentially crashing my drone, so please if you happen to read this post, do consider it
2019-1-26
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

What are other people’s opinions on this? Should there be an option to fly to the destinations easily and quickly to set waypoints?
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

Do you mean how the mavic Pro 1 waypoints works where you fly to the waypoint and mark it and the to the next one.
2019-1-29
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Didn’t realise that’s how Mavic pro 1 managed waypoints ! In which case then yes ! To me makes way more sense to do it that way, at least from a creative point of view ! If all you want to do is survey an area then maybe 2.0 is handy but otherwise to me completely useless unfortunately ! Al I want to be able to do is go to a certain spot, frame the shot with the gimbal create a point then move a bit further away, reframe the camera then create another spot and so on
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules