Mavic Air and Waypoints?
3220 7 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf07ff9aa
lvl.1
South Africa

I am new to the DJI Drone scene. Any answers on the possibility that Waypoints will be introduced to Mavic Air directly on DJI Go 4? Can use Litchi but from what I understand you loose DJI Go 4 control and the settings also changes when you fly  with DJI Go 4 after using Litchi.
2019-1-26
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Doubtful.  I'd like to be wrong though.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information if the waypoints 2.0 will be introduced to the DJI Mavic Air. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party applications for the DJI Mavic Air. 3rd party applications might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guarantee the stability of the said application if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Mavic Air. For the latest updates. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2019-1-26
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Use litchi if you want waypoints on the Mavic Air.
DJI doesn’t have waypoints for Mavic Air

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-26
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air... I am disappointed that the Mavic Air doesn't have waypoints. Is there a limitation in the hardware? If not... DJI, please add the feature.
2019-4-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1026 Posted at 4-13 06:13
I own a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air... I am disappointed that the Mavic Air doesn't have waypoints. Is there a limitation in the hardware? If not... DJI, please add the feature.

i don't think its hardware limitation, since Litchi can do it. DJI only want people to buy the MAVIC 2!
2019-4-13
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

as sad as it is - that's a DJI marketing/sale teams blocking some functions of this small drone
as 3rd party shows (Litchi, Autopilot and others) it's possible. IMHO there is enough price diffrence to let every product be v. good, and not limit smaller (chaper) models in functions shi tty strategy!
That did what stop me from buying MP2 and waiting for some improvments (battery life mostly)  on Skydio - as it price is getting more and more attractive (under 1500 already)
2019-4-13
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 4-13 08:48
as sad as it is - that's a DJI marketing/sale teams blocking some functions of this small drone
as 3rd party shows (Litchi, Autopilot and others) it's possible. IMHO there is enough price diffrence to let every product be v. good, and not limit smaller (chaper) models in functions  shi tty strategy!
That did what stop me from buying MP2 and waiting for some improvments (battery life mostly)  on Skydio - as it price is getting more and more attractive (under 1500 already)

I grabbed Litchi this weekend using Amazon. This allowed me to install it on my Epson Moverio BT-300's as well as the DJI Smart Controller. Sadly, I heard the issue may be that DJI hasn't shared the SDK with Litchi yet? Well, back on topic, I love the potential of Litchi wayoints with Mavic Air!
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules