Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to sign in to YouTube to live stream?
12Next >
12703 41 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I’m not having any success trying to log into YouTube to try some live streaming.

Obviously I am connected to the Internet and the aircraft but when I go into the upper right three dot menu and Choose Live Streaming Platform and select YouTube the only option I am presented with is a blue button Basic Mode.

When I press Basic Mode I am immediately presented with a warning that says; .‘Sign in Failed. Please retry.’

So I hit OK, hit the blue Sign In button on the lower right and am taken to a 403 error: disallowed_useragent which I believe is an OAuth issue.

It also states; ‘Google cant sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting this apps website in a browser like Safari or Chrome’

How on earth to I get to sign in on this Smart Controller please?

I have already enabled Live Streaming on Google.

<confused>

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-1-26
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

While the drone is grounded, have you opened up the browser app and sign in that way?  
2019-1-26
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fraggboy Posted at 1-26 19:17
While the drone is grounded, have you opened up the browser app and sign in that way?

Yup!

When I visit YouTube or Google using the Lightning browser on the Smart Controller I’m already signed into both!

-=Glyn=-
2019-1-26
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

C’Mon DJI.   Forward this to your R&D team to get fixed.   
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation and we do apologize for the incovenience. Currently, you may try to install a third-party browser on the DJI Smart Controller, select the YouTube live streaming platform, and choose the third-party browser when the DJI Smart Controller indicates that the system is jumping to another app. And this issue will be optimized in the firmware update.
2019-1-31
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 09:20
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation and we do apologize for the incovenience. Currently, you may try to install a third-party browser on the DJI Smart Controller, select the YouTube live streaming platform, and choose the third-party browser when the DJI Smart Controller indicates that the system is jumping to another app. And this issue will be optimized in the firmware update.

Thanks for the reply DJIT.

I just saw an update for the Smart Controller to .0360 but that only fixed the SD Card mounting issue.

There is no way I'm going to install a 3rd party anything so I'll wait for an official DJI fix thank you very much!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-2-1
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are we still waiting for this DJI?
2019-3-6
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have ended up side loading google chrome onto the smart controller. As suggested uncovered, I was able to get further into the process and it logged into my YouTube account without a problem (after selecting chrome as the default)
But after logging in and giving approval for all to go ahread I get the following screen, and no matter how long I wait, it goes no further. Tried multiple times. Confirmed good string internet connection
2019-3-6
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It doesn’t move past start encoder...and if I press the done button, it just closes out of the process
2019-3-6
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone (especially DJI) have any update on this please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-3-25
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 09:20
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation and we do apologize for the incovenience. Currently, you may try to install a third-party browser on the DJI Smart Controller, select the YouTube live streaming platform, and choose the third-party browser when the DJI Smart Controller indicates that the system is jumping to another app. And this issue will be optimized in the firmware update.

Which firmware update (release date)?
2019-3-29
Use props
Ben Foong 4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2292352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im having the same problem with both fb and youtube . Please help!
2019-3-29
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

anyone have any luck with this yet?
2019-3-29
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We got our replacement smart controller yesterday after our first unit got stuck on the start up screen.

We tried to updste the firmware to the latest version, it failed 4 times, it actually got stuck at 99% each time.

All of this was using the WiFi on the remote.

Then on the fifth try it completed the firmware update.

We do still have the issue that the histogram does not work however .

2019-3-30
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-30 01:14
We got our replacement smart controller yesterday after our first unit got stuck on the start up screen.

We tried to updste the firmware to the latest version, it failed 4 times, it actually got stuck at 99% each time.

That's the main reason that I never sent my Smart Controller in to DJI when they gave me an RMA number!

Well that and the fact that as I bought it as a bundle with the M2P means that while it is away I can't fly!

Why DJI can't do what other companies do and charge your credit card when they ship a replacement and credit when they receive the old Smart Controller back I'll never know.

-=Glyn=-
2019-3-30
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 3-30 12:31
That's the main reason that I never sent my Smart Controller in to DJI when they gave me an RMA number!

Well that and the fact that as I bought it as a bundle with the M2P means that while it is away I can't fly!

Well personally we are happy we got a brand new package and not a second hand repaired remote!

They might take some time to sort these type of issues out, but we are happy we are flying again.

As said on the other thread, we are keeping a close eye on the internal system memory, and will not be installing any new apps for fear of getting stuck again.
2019-3-31
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

well I'm pleased to report that file transfer works really well now too.

using android brewer on our MacBook Pro we can see all the files and navigation them easily too.

a big improvement.

2019-3-31
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-31 01:02
well I'm pleased to report that file transfer works really well now too.

using android brewer on our MacBook Pro we can see all the files and navigation them easily too.

using android brewer

Is that the name of an app?  Beer brewing?
2019-3-31
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 3-31 09:05
using android brewer

Is that the name of an app?  Beer brewing?

Haha, yes sorry it should read android browser.

This app seems to have a habit of doing autocorrect at the time of updating a post!
2019-3-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I'm having the same issue for YouTube
2019-4-1
Use props
CODRONEzoom
Flight distance : 573894 ft
United States

PLEASE DJI FIX THIS! I cannot stream live from my smart controller. I am starting to feel bamboozled for paying so much money and cant live stream, and all my files are always dated Jan 2013 everytime I reboot the controller. Horrible experience.
2019-4-3
Use props
AlleganyMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137956 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also unable to livestream and the reason that I purchased the smart controller for all in one ready to go!  I get an error when trying to go live on Facebook but I also cannot get my screen keyboard to go away after typing in the description.
2019-4-4
Use props
fans79f5168c
lvl.1

United States

AlleganyMedia Posted at 4-4 14:18
I am also unable to livestream and the reason that I purchased the smart controller for all in one ready to go!  I get an error when trying to go live on Facebook but I also cannot get my screen keyboard to go away after typing in the description.

Same issue here ... not an android user so I looked it up, topics related say hit the back button. Ok.... lol that didn't work. Contacted support... they got the same result and had no answers.
2019-4-5
Use props
eashla
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

The problem is urgent and requires urgent solutions! DJI, HELP!
2019-4-7
Use props
CODRONEzoom
Flight distance : 573894 ft
United States

DJI.................Where is the fix for the youtube live stream with the smart controller?! This is a horrible experience to penalize your loyal customers by lying that youre going to fix something in your firmware release, then nothing happens. How difficult is this going to be to get fixed? I want to livestream my flights like I did with all my other drones, now I spend over $1500 and can't live stream. Please respond.
2019-5-7
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

CODRONEzoom Posted at 5-7 13:00
DJI.................Where is the fix for the youtube live stream with the smart controller?! This is a horrible experience to penalize your loyal customers by lying that youre going to fix something in your firmware release, then nothing happens. How difficult is this going to be to get fixed? I want to livestream my flights like I did with all my other drones, now I spend over $1500 and can't live stream. Please respond.

It's YouTube who changed the rules (and Facebook) after the recent incident in New Zealand.

Probably beyond the control of DJI so you might want to take it up with YouTube YouTube Support
2019-5-7
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Boffin Posted at 5-7 15:38
It's YouTube who changed the rules (and Facebook) after the recent incident in New Zealand.

Probably beyond the control of DJI so you might want to take it up with YouTube YouTube Support

You might want to look at the date I posted my original message which was on 26th January.

I believe the New Zealand incident took place 15th March.

-=Glyn=-

2019-5-8
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

GlynH Posted at 5-8 12:23
You might want to look at the date I posted my original message which was on 26th January.

I believe the New Zealand incident took place 15th March.

My apologies for not checking your original posting date

However, what I said applies for more recent live streaming activities for many social media platforms.

I am in Australia so only get the local news as our government is getting a bit antsy and threatening $$$ billion fines and jail terms for online streaming of criminal activities Australia Live Streaming Rules

As I said, this problem might go above DJI's pay level
2019-5-9
Use props
Mans World
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105449 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Any advice how to live stream from Smart controller to tablet?
2019-5-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gentlemen, you can live stream to YouTube using custom rtmp address. I did it the other day, learned you can do it from this video. Give it a try!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfgz46yxxAu8WHIhximmO4qcClFDZ6IgW
2019-5-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfgz46yxxAu8WHIhximmO4qcClFDZ6IgW
2019-5-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gentlemen, you can live stream to YouTube using custom rtmp address. I did it the other day, learned you can do it from this video. Give it a try!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/OC7aBDPsJIk
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_peHknLM92pj8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29216 ft

Experiencing the exact same problem as the original poster. The expensive DJI controller streaming feature does not work and was likely shipped as non-working, and is still not fixed after many reports and many months.
2019-10-4
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

AnzacJack Posted at 3-29 20:11
anyone have any luck with this yet?
Edit , solution advised by BIGDZ ,worked like charm thanks alot.
2019-10-8
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2019-3-6 02:52
I have ended up side loading google chrome onto the smart controller. As suggested uncovered, I was able to get further into the process and it logged into my YouTube account without a problem (after selecting chrome as the default)
But after logging in and giving approval for all to go ahread I get the following screen, and no matter how long I wait, it goes no further. Tried multiple times. Confirmed good string internet connection
[view_image]

i get this same screen error using my regular mavic zoom controller. i can use ios or android and it's the same. i used to do youtube live flights with my subscribers all the time and now i no longer am able to.

has anyone found a fix yet?
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_3yrQyqZ5Mme4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Romania

Experiencing the same problem
2020-4-17
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I'm forced to use rtmp service too but why keep the youtube option in the app?!
2020-4-25
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-1-31 09:20
Hello DJI Tony,

It’s now 15 months since you said this would be optimised in a firmware update.

Well by my reckoning there have been four SmartController updates since your post and yet here I am still with an issue that has plagued me ever since I first purchased my drone still not resolved.

Just what does it take to get things sorted around here?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_DQFzdrRhr8Pl
lvl.1
United States

I can’t click on the link
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_DQFzdrRhr8Pl
lvl.1
United States

GlynH Posted at 4-28 03:49
Hello DJI Tony,

It’s now 15 months since you said this would be optimised in a firmware update.

Me too and it sucks.
2020-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules