Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
5D button came off the brand new Smart Controller
5204 15 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61631926
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494672 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Was very excited to receive my Smart Controller. Upon open the package, the first thing I did, before chargeing it, was to put it in my fly more shoulder bag to see how it fit. Well it did fit, after removing all other stuff. To my big big surprise, when I took it out of the bag, there was big, ugly hole on the controller front, the 5D button was missing! Feeling astonished, I finally found it in the bag, and was able to insert the thing back into the hole, but is it working? I don't bother to try. Called support, and was told it is normal and the 5D button is user detachable. Really? That's not the case with the 5D button on my original controller that came with Mavic 2 Pro. And as I can turn it around easily, pull it out again easily, how it stay connected?

I went online and chat with another support and was told to send it back. However, even though I explained clearly it was Smart Controller, the shipping label sent to me states it is mavic 2 pro controller, costs $379 instead of $650 for Smart Controller. It is weekend I can't reach anyone in DJI support. I need the new controller for my month long trip starting Feb 5th, I'm afraid I'm not able to receive it by then. Feeling extremely frustrated with DJI quality control and DJI support!

20190124_132942-拷贝.jpg

2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us the case number and your phone number when you contacted our support? Also, please kindly offer the controller SN, we'll double check with our engineers and help you out.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans61631926
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-27 02:38
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us the case number and your phone number when you contacted our support? Also, please kindly offer the controller SN, we'll double check with our engineers and help you out.

Thank you very much Susan!

The case number is: CAS-2706853-L9Q8Z6

My cell phone number is: 1-416-728-5211

The SN for the Smart Controller: 13MDFBQ0014747

Note, the case number was not created during the phone call to DJI support. The lady, although clarified it was the 5D button, not the joystick, that had this issue, she said it was normal, the 5D button was user detachable. I explained that it was not the case with the 5D button on my  original Mavic 2 Pro remote controller.  She refused to provide a case number as she thought it was normal, nothing was wrong.

I then used online chat to contact another DJI support, provided the picture as shown here. I was told  it was not normal, and I needed to send it back. The case number (CAS-2706853-L9Q8Z6) was given to me by this tech support. Two days later, I received a UPS shippling label, in which, it stated the controller as  Mavic 2 Pro controller priced at $379, not Smart Controller with value of $650.

The Smart Controller was ordered on Jan 19th, received on Jan 24th,  case# created less than two hours after I received the delivery.

I'm flying to Calgary on Feb 6th, then to Lofoten, Norway, and Iceland for photography trips. I really worried I won't be able to receive the replacement before my flight. As weather is cold, my phone wont last more than a few minutes when connected to original controller. I'm willing to order another Smart Controller immediately and send the defective one back for refund.  Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks again!

Henry Liu
www.scenicfoto.com

2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans61631926 Posted at 1-27 11:12
Thank you very much Susan!

The case number is: CAS-2706853-L9Q8Z6

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience, Henry. For your case, it is recommended to send the unit in for replacement. Regarding the issues of shipping label and phone communication, we'll forward to the management to investigate, they will contact you during the working time soon. Hope we can figure this out timely.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans61631926
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-27 18:39
I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience, Henry. For your case, it is recommended to send the unit in for replacement. Regarding the issues of shipping label and phone communication, we'll forward to the management to investigate, they will contact you during the working time soon. Hope we can figure this out timely.

Thank you Susan,
Shipping out the defective one then wait for the replacement to arrive?  Why I can't just ask for a refund like other company usually handle the case?  You can hold the refund until you receive my package. Like I said, if I order another one, I will receive it around one week, by sending it back, checked and confirmed then shipping out a replacement, I may run out of time...

And this is the screenshot of the shipping label stating I'm sending back a Mavic 2 Pro remote with value of $379, that, as you know, is wrong:
shipping label.jpg
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans61631926 Posted at 1-27 20:45
Thank you Susan,
Shipping out the defective one then wait for the replacement to arrive?  Why I can't just ask for a refund like other company usually handle the case?  You can hold the refund until you receive my package. Like I said, if I order another one, I will receive it around one week, by sending it back, checked and confirmed then shipping out a replacement, I may run out of time...

Your request has been forwarded to the designated team for better assistance, they will review and contact you soon. Appreciate your support and patience.
2019-1-28
Use props
sunseekerfoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-28 01:56
Your request has been forwarded to the designated team for better assistance, they will review and contact you soon. Appreciate your support and patience.

Thank you so much Susan. I was able to change from replacement to refund, so that I could order another one immediately without waiting for the return got delivered to you. But guess what, Smart Controller is out of stock on your online store!  Guess I will have to use my cell phone with original controller. Hopefully it won't be too cold and my phone will last long enough for my photo sessions. But thank you again for the help!

Henry
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunseekerfoto Posted at 1-28 10:44
Thank you so much Susan. I was able to change from replacement to refund, so that I could order another one immediately without waiting for the return got delivered to you. But guess what, Smart Controller is out of stock on your online store!  Guess I will have to use my cell phone with original controller. Hopefully it won't be too cold and my phone will last long enough for my photo sessions. But thank you again for the help!

Henry

Glad to know everything turns out to be great. Please leave your email in the Smart Controller purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2019-1-29
Use props
sunseekerfoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 1-29 00:51
Glad to know everything turns out to be great. Please leave your email in the Smart Controller purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.

Hi Susan, Sorry for bringing up this case again. As you may remember , I asked for refund instead of exchange,  and you helped me with the request. I was given promise that I would get refund after I returned product. Now that it has been three weeks  after I sent back the defective smart controller. (Two weeks after I got the return received notice from DJI). I still didn't hear anything from DJI. I followed up twice but only got reply stating it would take longer in order for "proper" resolution to be given. The resolution, as I asked and agreed by DJI support Dept, was refund. Why there is other "proper" resolution? Why it take so long? Would you mind following up for me?  Thanks a lot!
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunseekerfoto Posted at 2-19 20:04
Hi Susan, Sorry for bringing up this case again. As you may remember , I asked for refund instead of exchange,  and you helped me with the request. I was given promise that I would get refund after I returned product. Now that it has been three weeks  after I sent back the defective smart controller. (Two weeks after I got the return received notice from DJI). I still didn't hear anything from DJI. I followed up twice but only got reply stating it would take longer in order for "proper" resolution to be given. The resolution, as I asked and agreed by DJI support Dept, was refund. Why there is other "proper" resolution? Why it take so long? Would you mind following up for me?  Thanks a lot!

Received with thanks! I've coordinated the designated team, they have submitted the refund request for you, and the refund will be arranged soon. I'll keep an eye on this as well.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunseekerfoto Posted at 2-19 20:04
Hi Susan, Sorry for bringing up this case again. As you may remember , I asked for refund instead of exchange,  and you helped me with the request. I was given promise that I would get refund after I returned product. Now that it has been three weeks  after I sent back the defective smart controller. (Two weeks after I got the return received notice from DJI). I still didn't hear anything from DJI. I followed up twice but only got reply stating it would take longer in order for "proper" resolution to be given. The resolution, as I asked and agreed by DJI support Dept, was refund. Why there is other "proper" resolution? Why it take so long? Would you mind following up for me?  Thanks a lot!

Hi there, the refund has been processed at our end, it may take some time to arrive at your account, please keep an eye on your account for the arrival information, thanks!
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 00:43
Hi there, the refund has been processed at our end, it may take some time to arrive at your account, please keep an eye on your account for the arrival information, thanks!

Hi Dji Susan,
I had the same problem as OP my 5D button fell off while using out in the field , it’s so small I couldn’t find it, I returned it to dji in Netherlands, they have now sent me a bill for €125 which should be covered by warranty, I as you might expect will not be paying €125 for this, it’s nothing short of a disgrace.

Case Number .  CAS-2942526-Z2N7B0
2019-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 00:43
Hi there, the refund has been processed at our end, it may take some time to arrive at your account, please keep an eye on your account for the arrival information, thanks!

Hi Dji Susan,
I had the same problem as OP my 5D button fell off while using out in the field , it’s so small I couldn’t find it, I returned it to dji in Netherlands, they have now sent me a bill for €125 which should be covered by warranty, I as you might expect will not be paying €125 for this, it’s nothing short of a disgrace.

Case Number .  CAS-2942526-Z2N7B0
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 08:02
Hi Dji Susan,

Hi hallmark007, I had replied your new post, please kindly check. Sorry for this.
2019-5-2
Use props
b0ne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265833 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 5-2 19:58
Hi hallmark007, I had replied your new post, please kindly check. Sorry for this.

Hi DJI Susan.  I too have the same issue and spoke chatted with your online product support.  I too gave all the requested information but have yet to hear back.  Can you please assist.  I also sent you a PM.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

b0ne Posted at 6-20 14:01
Hi DJI Susan.  I too have the same issue and spoke chatted with your online product support.  I too gave all the requested information but have yet to hear back.  Can you please assist.  I also sent you a PM.

I've received your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later, thanks!
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules