IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. Just a friendly reminder to pllease make sure that we will use an accessory that will be compatible with your unit. Kindly be cautious when using third-party accessory to avoid damage to the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-27
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

In the PGYTech manual they are telling you to attach the phone with the OP 1st and than put the OP in the PGYTech OP holder part. So the way shown in the video is wrong according to the manual.
2019-1-27
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

This is a nicely done video.  Although the way you show to mount the phone and Osmo Pocket into the holder is different than PGYTech describes, it looks like it works equally as well.
2019-1-27
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 06:33
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. Just a friendly reminder to pllease make sure that we will use an accessory that will be compatible with your unit. Kindly be cautious when using third-party accessory to avoid damage to the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

Many thanks, I am happy to use DJI accessories, although it seems they are very late to market. I am still waiting for the accessory kit to become available - several months after receiving my OSMO Pocket..... hence third party alternatives are all I have at the moment.
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

NoëI Posted at 1-27 09:10
In the PGYTech manual they are telling you to attach the phone with the OP 1st and than put the OP in the PGYTech OP holder part. So the way shown in the video is wrong according to the manual.

The way this video says to do it makes more sense. If you connect the phone to the OP first, it's a little wobbly and I'm afraid the port in the phone could get messed up.
2019-1-27
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NoëI Posted at 1-27 09:10

Many thanks for your comment.
I do not believe the way shown in the video is  wrong since it achieves the same result. There are, in fact, a few different ways of mounting the devices into the Holder Set, all providing the same end result.

I didn't like to attach the OSMO to the smartphone before inserting into the holder. I felt the entire point of this unit is to reduce stress on the connection between the OSMO and the handset (as well as provide accessory mounting points of course). When doing it the manual stated way, I would insert the smartphone into the clamp, and then have to push the OSMO into the holder, which could stress the connection if not done properly.Hence, by doing it the way shown in the video, as both units are placed into the holder indivudally, and only connected together once firmly held in place, there is no stress from movement introduced with the connector whatsoever.

At least that was my thinking, and personally the way I prefer to insert and set up the rig. Neither way is right or wrong to be fair, as long as the end result is the same.

2019-1-27
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 1-27 11:05
The way this video says to do it makes more sense. If you connect the phone to the OP first, it's a little wobbly and I'm afraid the port in the phone could get messed up.

Exactly my thoughts too, hence I decided to only attach them when both units were firmly held in place....
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IftiBashir Posted at 1-27 11:03
Many thanks, I am happy to use DJI accessories, although it seems they are very late to market. I am still waiting for the accessory kit to become available - several months after receiving my OSMO Pocket..... hence third party alternatives are all I have at the moment.

Thank you for the additional information you have given us. Rest assured that our R&D Team are doing there best to make and release those DJI accessories as soon as possible with no issues. Thank you for your patience and support with regards to these matter.
2019-1-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Nice video!
2019-1-28
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom