Tello EDU or Tello standard
2098 1 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amann
lvl.1

United States

A group of Michigan educators are looking to begin using Tello or Tello EDUs drones to teach coding.  We plan to use the free Drone Blocks app.  Are there other free coding apps we can have our students use to learn coding with the drone?
I believe that the Tello EDU woiuld be the better drone to recommend/purchase as it has the updated SDK and supports Python and Swift.  Swarm are not important to our use to teach coding.  However, the Tello EDU is not available via big box stores such as Best Buy - where I can purchase the Tello Boost Combo kit, with two extra batteries (total of 3), a battery charger, and extra props.  Normally $149, Best Buy has had it on sale for $99.  I'd like to purchase a similar Tello EDU Boost Combo Kit with the extras.  Is this available from DJI or some other source?  When I get my Education discount (I hope to get approved soon), I'll decide if the discounted price for the Tello EDU is what I want to purchase.   However, it's a no brainer that for use in schools, I need a Tello EDU drone with extra batteries.  DJI can you put together such as kit for educators like me?  Bundle in $13 Hard Case by co2CREA - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CPSNST5  It's perfect (and holds the two extra batteries.)
2019-1-27
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi Amann,
Thanks for your interest of Tello Edu!

You can get Tello EDU Drone via DJI and Apple online store, DJI flagship store, as well as the partial apple flagship store. Also, thank you very much for your valuable suggestion of a fresh kit including extra batteries and hard case. I would feedback to the relevant team and see what they think. Wish you a great day ahead!

2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules