Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManAndDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 3538297 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi fellow DJI Droners,

I recently put together a 25 minute drone film from mostly unused footage and 20% of used before footage but different timestamps. This was from a trip back in 2017 in New Zealand.
Best viewed on a TV that supports 4K. Good bit of fun to edit no point in leaving it unused so thought I'd create and share something:

Shot using a DJI inspire 2 Drone with Zenmuse X5s Camera, 15 + 45mm Lenses. PolarPro ND Filters.
Most shots are in ProRes 4444XQ (no alpha) Rec.709 colour profile.
Some shots are in ProRes 442 HQ Rec 709. Most are in the first sequence also with a couple of 100/Mbit h.264.
Some shots are unfortunately in 100/Mbit h.264. The Van on the beach scenes and a couple of scenes in the outro sequence. (Bug on old firmware).
Some shots of the ProRess 4444XQ are in D-LOG, these are easy to spot you’ll notice more video noise.

All musice licensed through MusicBed, I had the tracks bookmarked for years so it was a good excuse to finally use them.

Last New Zealand Video from me (Promise!)
Cheers!
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ManAndDrone. Thank you for sharing this amazing video from New Zealand. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-1-28
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 07:49
Hello and good day ManAndDrone. Thank you for sharing this amazing video from New Zealand. Great work and thank you for your support.

Always a pleasure Stephen! Cheers
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ManAndDrone Posted at 1-28 09:06
Always a pleasure Stephen! Cheers

You are very much welcome ManAndDrone. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-1-28
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

D-log (EI mode) in RAW is more noisy too. So I don't understand why DJI communicate to us that the dynamic range is widest with a d-log ISO 400.
Why You didn't make these footages with CinemaDNG, You prefer a ProRes?
Let us know with some veiled way when DJI will give to You an opportunity to test a new ProRes RAW with X5S, I'm sure they will give it to You as one of the first users ;)
edit: I don't understand why they says that the dynamic range is widest in d-log ISO 400, not so sure, but in Normal mode ISO 400 RAW the DR is propably the same with X5S, and less noisy.
And why they did it more noisy in d-log RAW?
2019-1-28
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans6197024f Posted at 1-28 14:21
D-log (EI mode) in RAW is more noisy too. So I don't understand why DJI communicate to us that the dynamic range is widest with a d-log ISO 400.
Why You didn't make these footages with CinemaDNG, You prefer a ProRes?
Let us know with some veiled way when DJI will give to You an opportunity to test a new ProRes RAW with X5S, I'm sure they will give it to You as one of the first users ;)

Hi - I shot ProRes as I didn't want to compile all the sequences from RAW in After-Effects.. Would just take far too long. So I thought better save on space & time and sacrifice a small bit in overall quality. I also work from a Mac. Anyway it really doesn't matter if the End Point is for YouTube... 10-bit ProRes is also more than enough for me to sell on too.
Regarding the Science of D-Log, a DJI technician did explain it on the forum once but I can't recall correctly. For me the noise is far too much to reduce, day or night. The Rec709 mode looks totally fine to me and hardly any noise. I'm only relating my experience from firmware since end of 2017, haven't owned an i2 since then.
ProRes Raw on x5s sounds good but I'm waiting for Inspire 3 ? Or whatever comes next, happy to test that! DJI ;)
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing work ManAndDrone
2019-1-28
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Woe Posted at 1-28 19:30
Amazing work ManAndDrone

Cheers bud! Couldn't of done it without the Inspire 2.. has to be said!
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ManAndDrone Posted at 1-28 19:32

The Inspire is an amazing bird. But it still need to be put in the

right hands to get such beauty..
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ManAndDrone Posted at 1-28 19:32

The Inspire is an amazing bird. But it still need to be put in the

right hands to get such beauty..
2019-1-28
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Wow awesome footage, really impressive
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

definitely amazing work, thanks for sharing.
2019-2-1
Use props
Matthias80
First Officer
Flight distance : 2601499 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Epic Work again. Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always amazing video footage from you!  Nicely done...you certainly set the bar high.  
2019-2-1
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344285 ft
Netherlands

hi there, i am a beginner drone user and i was wondering what you use to edit. because i have some shots and an idea of how to use them but i have no idea how to put it together. so do you have any tips?
2019-2-1
Use props
Tim bronkhorst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344285 ft
Netherlands

hi there, i am a beginner drone user and i was wondering what you use to edit. because i have some shots and an idea of how to use them but i have no idea how to put it together. so do you have any tips?
2019-2-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Nice footage! Looks like you had quite a good workout doing the mountain top shots. Interesting light effects at dawn and dusk too. NZ is getting more drone unfriendly and certainly more so since you flew. Which is a pity because they really have lovely spots!
2019-2-1
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2-1 08:03
Nice footage! Looks like you had quite a good workout doing the mountain top shots. Interesting light effects at dawn and dusk too. NZ is getting more drone unfriendly and certainly more so since you flew. Which is a pity because they really have lovely spots!

And that is because every now and then some drunken sod tries to take out the police helicopter or a “p” freak decides to record a Boeing coming in to land. Yes, the one or two schmucks are making it hard for everyone.

Luckily for me I have never had any problems and fly every day....
2019-2-1
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Glad you enjoyed coming to my country. Nice video mate........sweet as ☺️
2019-2-1
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow, so beautiful. Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.
2019-2-1
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Tim bronkhorst Posted at 2-1 07:53

Hi I can suggest using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut (Mac) also 'Resolve'. Pick one software and stick with it. Resolve is Free I think? There's so many tutorials online most are good stick with the popular ones.

Pick some nice music and cut the drone clips using the 'Razor' tool to the music, or for your first video you could just overlay a track not in time to the music and then afterwards challenge yourself to time the clips to tempo changes or the beats. Learn to use 'Markers' on parts of the Audio Track so you can 'snap' your clips to the markers and so in time with the music.

Colour Correction etc can come later, again there will be many online tutorials out there. I have a few but mostly for Adobe Premiere. Important thing is to learn how to cut clips and add music, and how to export the project.  The technical stuff can come later.
2019-2-1
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Panda Posted at 2-1 02:16
definitely amazing work, thanks for sharing.

Awesome, thanks for the Highlight!

And thanks to everyone else.
2019-2-1
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Land of the long white cloud, such a picturesque place. Well done and thanks for sharing.
2019-2-2
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

IT is awesome!
2019-2-2
Use props
mpetr1960
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4119173 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Great work!
2019-2-3
Use props
fans832ab048
New
Indonesia

Amazing work. I can’t wait to go there and see it.
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

No doubt footage is amazing but I would like to know something else..... do you really hike with like maybe 10kg just of tech equipment?
2019-2-4
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

you have not wasted any footage archived for sure
2019-2-4
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 13:46
No doubt footage is amazing but I would like to know something else..... do you really hike with like maybe 10kg just of tech equipment?

Hey bud, most of the hikes was with 15KG of Gear sometimes nearly 20KG if I took my big DSLR camera too. It was a pain... Much better to hike with Mavic and sacrifice a bit of quality.
2019-2-4
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Truly awesome footage, thanks for sharing
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

ManAndDrone Posted at 2-4 17:05
Hey bud, most of the hikes was with 15KG of Gear sometimes nearly 20KG if I took my big DSLR camera too. It was a pain... Much better to hike with Mavic and sacrifice a bit of quality.

Wow! Preparing for the 7 summits, lol?
2019-2-4
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

very very very good. I like
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_DVXeNCfgHpoK
New
Flight distance : 6693 ft
New Zealand

Good work bud!!
2019-2-5
Use props
RobertWillis
New

France

Wonderful video
2019-2-5
Use props
RobertWillis
New

France

Like it. Wonderful video
2019-2-5
Use props
Cyclops pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186552 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve just seen your video. Loved it. I’ve just returned from NZ after two months.  What a country. I’m putting a video together with footage taken from my Mavic 2 Pro.  Do you recommend a soundtrack website with no royalties?
2019-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, very nice!
2019-2-6
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cyclops pro Posted at 2-5 21:23
I’ve just seen your video. Loved it. I’ve just returned from NZ after two months.  What a country. I’m putting a video together with footage taken from my Mavic 2 Pro.  Do you recommend a soundtrack website with no royalties?

Good to hear mate, I bet you had an awesome time!?

I can reccomend any of the following :
  • PremiumBeat.com - Once you buy one track you can use it again & again.
  • Epidemicmusic.com - Subscription based service you can use any tracks they offer.
  • MusicBed.com - Subscription based service for content creators, again you can use any of their tracks offered under their service.

Hope this points you in the right direction, have fun with the edit! Cheers

2019-2-6
Use props
ManAndDrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 23:41
Wow!  Preparing for the 7 summits, lol?

Haha! I wish! Somehow I'm not sure the drones could survive lol
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

ManAndDrone Posted at 2-6 11:22
Haha! I wish! Somehow I'm not sure the drones could survive lol

Current ones probably not. But hey, guy landed real helicopter on Mt Everest summit. Yes, it was crazy overpowered and extremely weight trimmed. If real heli could do it, I guess capable drone maker should do one that should be able to do so.
2019-2-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules