Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 - No calibration pattern
3169 7 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I updated to the new firmware for my Mavic 2 Pro, using the latest available Windows DJI Assistant for Mavic. I had a somewhat older version, so I installed the newest from DJI's site.

Issue: When starting the calibration, Assistant did not recognize the screen size (4K monitor connected to the computer by DP), so I put the size in the field. When that was done, no calibration pattern was visible. Where the black dots are supposed to be, there was just a white background.

I tried to lower the resolution (tried many different resolutions) in Windows but that did not help. I also used a Mac on the same screens, (with the latest Mac version of DJI Assistant for Mavic), but the issue was the same, even when changing to different resolutions. Luckily I have an older Windows laptop and on that one it worked.

DJI, how about making the DJI Assistant for Mavic software work better?
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Rob,  our apologies for the inconvenience and I'm glad that the issue has been fixed by using a different PC. Normally, If the drone is new, we recommend you to make sure to peel off the stickers, which are likely to cause the issue. A display that’s 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. You can set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200. Restart the PC and the aircraft multiple times. Again, sorry for all the trouble. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-28
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-28 05:55
Hi Rob,  our apologies for the inconvenience and I'm glad that the issue has been fixed by using a different PC. Normally, If the drone is new, we recommend you to make sure to peel off the stickers, which are likely to cause the issue. A display that’s 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. You can set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200. Restart the PC and the aircraft multiple times. Again, sorry for all the trouble. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but it seems you don't understand. No, I have no stickers left on the cameras. If I had, the calibration should not have worked on the laptop either…

It is an issue with the DJI assistant app, and it have been mentioned before, like in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-142063-1-1.html
2019-1-28
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

The problem is likely that DJI has not digitally signed their Windows 10 drivers and they don't get successfully installed with Assistant.  To get the screen pattern to work, you have to turn off the requirement for digitally signed drivers (this is easiest done with a command line command), install Assistant then turn the requirement back on.  In my case, I had to go into the UEFI and turn off secure boot as well.

I have an article at home that explains how to do all of this very well.  If you don't find resolution by tonight, I'll try to remember to add the link to that article to this thread.
2019-1-28
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

BKahuna Posted at 1-28 08:55
The problem is likely that DJI has not digitally signed their Windows 10 drivers and they don't get successfully installed with Assistant.  To get the screen pattern to work, you have to turn off the requirement for digitally signed drivers (this is easiest done with a command line command), install Assistant then turn the requirement back on.  In my case, I had to go into the UEFI and turn off secure boot as well.

I have an article at home that explains how to do all of this very well.  If you don't find resolution by tonight, I'll try to remember to add the link to that article to this thread.

Thank you, I will test this approach. But it also happens on OSX Mojave with the same monitors.
2019-1-28
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Rob W Posted at 1-28 10:17
Thank you, I will test this approach. But it also happens on OSX Mojave with the same monitors.

Sorry I forgot to update with the link but it sounds like it's not what you need anyway.  LMK if you'd like the link anyway.
2019-1-30
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

BKahuna Posted at 1-30 08:21
Sorry I forgot to update with the link but it sounds like it's not what you need anyway.  LMK if you'd like the link anyway.

Thank's, I will test this weekend. Maybe it is a good workaround and can help people.  But I would say it lies on the shoulders of DJI to make software that works.
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_E4Q9uRZyxAiI
New

Nigeria

I can't see the pattern on my windows,it's just showing a white screen.
Please I need help,it's urgent.
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules