Update Failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later.
3005 10 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kk07
lvl.1
United States

This is beyond ridiculous. It is January 2019, I still can't update my mavic 2 via Android DJI go 4 app. I paid $1500+ this and I can't fly. I did try to run the drone at home before the trip and see if there were any update before my trip to avoid this kinda of issue.

Now I am traveling and didn't bring my PC. DJI pushed out the firmware update 01.00.0300 after I've started my traveling.  I was able to update my controller via the android app. But now when I try to update the drone, it keeps failing with that error. Why doesn't DJI fix this issue: "Update failed. Restart the equipment and try again later. Reason: Network disconnected."? Now I can't fly due to the firmware mismatch and I am carrying around this drone which is literally a dead weight.

I've looked around. Is your only fix is to go to a pc and install the windows application and update from there? Why do you assume people traveling will always bring their laptops or pcs? This is beyond my understanding.

I have restarted my Android phone, controller, and the drone SEVERAL times and spent hours. Still can't update to the latest firmware.

How do I get pass this error? I have no access to PC or Mac. I am traveling and only brought my Android phone (pixel). Please help.

Thanks.

2019-1-28
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue and started a couple of threads.

I also asked the question about flying when an update is due;

https://forum.dji.com/thread-179345-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-179225-1-1.html

The threads are currently on page 2 ... 'Updates' and 'Update issues'.

I was under the impression you can not fly until the update is done but a forum member said that is not the case.
2019-1-28
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

It won't let me click that "Go Fly" unless I have the drone updated. I had the controller updated successfully via the app. I can't update the drone. So that creates the firmware mismatch.

If I didn't update the controller, would I be able to fly? If so, can I roll back my controller firmware to the previous version?
2019-1-28
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

FYI: I am using the Google pixel phone. On  the latest android and latest version of the DJI Go 4 app.
2019-1-28
Use props
Foxfilex
lvl.1
Brazil

I have the same disappointment, and with Iphone app or even  computer assistance app nothing works the DJI support doesn't help me, and now I have the most expensive paper weight available in the market :-(
2019-1-28
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

I hear you. I am in the same boat. The support team is nearly useless. They asked to restart and that's all they know how to troubleshoot. They have no idea if the app allows you to downgrade or not. From the other forum post, the app lets you do that. https://forum.dji.com/thread-179225-1-1.html (See Sato 2 Zoom reply). I have yet to try. Wish I found that thread while I was vacationing.
I spent almost $2000 including the extra battery pack and their warranty extension service. I couldn't even take off during my vacation to get any footage. I just carried around that drone as a dead weight in my backpack like a fool.
2019-1-28
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

*DM* Posted at 1-28 12:13
I had exactly the same issue and started a couple of threads.

I also asked the question about flying when an update is due;

Thanks, DM, for sharing the links to your threads. They are more useful than the support team that I chatted with. I will try to downgrade via the app as mentioned when I get home tonight.
2019-1-28
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

kk07 Posted at 1-28 12:29
It won't let me click that "Go Fly" unless I have the drone updated. I had the controller updated successfully via the app. I can't update the drone. So that creates the firmware mismatch.

If I didn't update the controller, would I be able to fly? If so, can I roll back my controller firmware to the previous version?
I feel for you. -  I also dont understand the poster in the other thread that suggested that you can fly even if the app prompts to update? - How? Like you said, it wont let you select go fly.

This is a real concern if travelling.

DJI should only release firmware updates if both the Go4 and Assistant 2 apps are ready with the latest updates to implement new firmware.

Their reply is that it is released in stages ... ?

Its a stupid situation.

Then there is the issue of IOS usually being updated first.

Why?

DJI, please release updates together for Android and IOS Go4 (especially as everyone carries a mobile) and Assistant 2 and do so before you release important Drone/controller software. - Surely this must be possible and would be the correct order of events.

I cant imagine how p**** off some owners of the new Android smart controller must be ...
2019-1-29
Use props
kk07
lvl.1
United States

DJI is getting ridiculous. Their support team has no idea about the existence of that downgrade feature...duh. I have contacted two sepearate times (two help tickets), noone in their replies mentioned this new feature. This forum members are more helpful. DJI should pay all of the members here instead.
I was excited about that downgrade feature, but then it DOES NOT WORK.
2019-1-30
Use props
MyPC8MyBrain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
United States

DJI you simply a bunch of crooks!
you think everyone are dumb and unaware,
FCC and FAA would be happy to learn how DJI collect and improves their products, this crap is just the tip!
their drones go up and crash on first runs, they pretend to be nice and lead you on as if you will get a replacement all to gain access to your logs so they can study on our expenses  

logs shown and proved the drone just decided to act up, they look the other way and fix it in their next revision (maybe as they refused responsibility flying way-points), while i paid 2000$ for them to learn that,

next drone and im again in the same loop as before, DJI YOU ARE SIMPLY JUNK!
its just a matter of time before no one will run your junk on YouTube and those media channels,
i hope you DIE as you should dirty crooks!

you all instead of posting here, post on all those youtobers channels and let the world know,
anyone promoting these thieves brand fill their page so they are scared reviewing them again,

2019-2-21
Use props
MyPC8MyBrain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
United States

you al calling their support after seeing all these posts, i called and refused to take their bs and cornered the guy to admit they are at fault and they have an issue,
he did, so when you call support dont expect for solution but yell at them for playing you as customers, it is clear this junk is known for a very long time,
they dont care, instead they put more people in their support to waste our time and patience,

they want the big government contracts, they dont care about us,
since they (for now) a monopoly they can get away with this ship/t,
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules