weather/no fly zone app
728 9 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
United States

What is the weather and TFR/no fly zone app that the knowledgeable pilots in this forum use?  I looked at UAV forecast but not sure that is the way to go.  Any suggestions?
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation on which app that you could use for weather. You may visit our website to check the location and determine if the location would be restricted or not. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-1-28
Use props
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
United States

I'm mostly interested in an app to use on iPad
2019-1-28
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Could be wrong, but seems to me it stands for Terminal Flight Restriction, and then the note WEATHER as the reason for the restriction.  Others might put in their two cents worth
2019-1-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 1-28 12:44
Could be wrong, but seems to me it stands for Terminal Flight Restriction, and then the note WEATHER as the reason for the restriction.  Others might put in their two cents worth

TFR = Temporary flight restriction
2019-1-28
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Like your nick HereForTheBeer,and thanks for the added knowledge, never get enough.
2019-1-28
Use props
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
United States

still no weather TFR/ app recommendations?
2019-1-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

Serves me right  plus the fact that wherever you go it has the latest conditions..I always use UAV.
2019-1-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I also use UAV Forecast, but in conjunction with other apps like Airmap and Forecast on iOS. Airmap gives me an idea of how close I might be to restricted airspace and Forecast will give me both current and predictive wind speed over the course of the day. Hope this helps.
2019-1-28
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules