Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller showing Map 90 degrees off!
1648 17 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received my smart controller today. Performed the latest firmware update and having an issue. The orientation of the map on the smart controller is 90 degrees off. If the controller is oriented North it shows on the map as West. Have recalibrated the map about 20 times, tried changing the settings for low and high resolution, no change.

Really hope DJI or someone has a resolution to this as cannot use the controller to fly like this.
2019-1-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very odd! Try doing a factory reset and see what that does. I’m in the UK it’s OK here.
2019-1-28
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-28 12:50
Very odd! Try doing a factory reset and see what that does. I’m in the UK it’s OK here.

Tried the factory reset, same issue. Thanks for your reply.
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Curious, have you calibrated the compass?  I just read about it in the manual. I plan on doing it this afternoon
2019-1-28
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 1-28 15:07
Curious, have you calibrated the compass?  I just read about it in the manual. I plan on doing it this afternoon

Yes I have, about 30 times now!
2019-1-28
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

HoverGuy Posted at 1-28 15:08
Yes I have, about 30 times now!

Sorry. I saw that you calibrated the map. I thought that was something different (Haven't had an opportunity to mess with it).

Hope DJI has a quick fix for you.
2019-1-28
Use props
fansd8612d99
Flight distance : 762031 ft
Belarus

Same issue here, software bug.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi HoverGuy, sorry for the trouble caused, we will get it fixed via the next firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd8612d99 Posted at 1-28 15:19
Same issue here, software bug.

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue, we have been aware of this and will get it fixed via the next firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a thought, you have got 'North Up' locked?

This image shows map locked 'north up' - the second icon from the right with the yellow padlock is in the 'north up' condition.

This image shows it as 'course up'. - Note map is now orientated west to the top, as you described.

Touch it to toggle.
2019-1-29
Use props
fansd8612d99
Belarus

Is it fixed on .350 FW?
2019-1-29
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

fansd8612d99 Posted at 1-29 09:10
Is it fixed on .350 FW?

I have not checked but others report it is fixed.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 1-29 09:58
I have not checked but others report it is fixed.

Yes it is fixed, basically the compass was 90 deg offset, new software and a compass calibration and its sorted.
2019-1-29
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 00:56
Just a thought, you have got 'North Up' locked?

[view_image]

Thank you for taking the time to post this, that was not the issue.
2019-1-29
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. Fixed map issue, flew for a couple flights. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on.  The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?
2019-1-29
Use props
fansd8612d99
Belarus

HoverGuy Posted at 1-29 13:25
V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. Fixed map issue, flew for a couple flights. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on.  The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?

Same problem with SD card here
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HoverGuy Posted at 1-29 13:25
V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. Fixed map issue, flew for a couple flights. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on.  The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?

Glad to know the map issue has been figured out, for the SD card concern, we have replied your another new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-179627-1-1.html Please keep us updated there, we will keep following up, thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
Technodude
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry... I know this is an old thread but has anyone had this issue return?

I am running V01.00.04000 firmware on the smart controller.  All firmware updates are in on my Mavic Pro 2 but both the mini map and 'radar' view are rotated counter-clockwise by 90 degrees.  

Reset has been done, compass and controller callibration done... nothing seems to resolve the issue.
Standard controller works perfectly so this is definitely a Smart Controller issue.
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules