Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you use as an alternative audio solution for your OP?
4778 13 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

I'm growing gray hair just by waiting for the release of the mic adapter.  Just curious, if you audio sync with external recorders etc, what do you use?   What's the simplest minimalistic way to record external audio without carrying lots of cables etc?   I have been using a Zoom H1 and Rode videomicro mic.  It does the job but that means I will need to carry more stuff with me. I'm just curious what you guys use.

Lately, I  experimented with the Rode Rec app and so far I like it.  In order to record audio on your iPhone, you will need connect a mic and use the osmo pocket wirelessly.  I discovered that you can use both the Mimo app and the Rode Rec app simultaneously.  I'll try to upload a pic later.  I use a phone bracket with the iPhone, OP + wireless module, and the mic attached to the top of the bracket.  You will also need a TRS to TRRS adapter to attach mics to the iPhone.  The Rode Rec app allows you to export your captured audio in .wav, .mp3, flac, aiff and other formats via dropbox, email, soundcloud, or can be retrieved by your pc.  You can also use the app without a microphone and surprisingly the audio is much better than the osmo pocket.  I have an iPhone 8+.  Another alternative is to use a lav mic with a separate iPhone or the H1.  If you know of better ways to record audio, please let me know.

This is not a perfect set up but can be minimalistic.  I hope DJI releases the mic adapter soon.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Joemar7. Thank you for sharing this information with us and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-1-28
Use props
eyebeams
United Kingdom

I use dual recording because I like professional sound. I use macs so use a program called PluralEyes (not cheap) and it syncs sound captured from a professional mic to the Osmo Pocket sound capture. Saves me hours trying to sync. See a recent example here:
2019-1-29
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

eyebeams Posted at 1-29 02:53
I use dual recording because I like professional sound. I use macs so use a program called PluralEyes (not cheap) and it syncs sound captured from a professional mic to the Osmo Pocket sound capture. Saves me hours trying to sync. See a recent example here: Interview with Girls Who Code at BETT Show

Nice video and sound!  PluralEyes is amazing and expensive.  I am using Adobe Premiere and it does fine for what I do.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Vidfact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56722 ft
United States

I do use a Basic Sony Digital Recorder ICD PX 333 it works great as a heand heald Mic or conect Lav Mic audio is clean and eazy to sync

2019-1-29
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I use a standalone Zoom stereo mic with my DSLR, GoPro and Osmo Pocket when I want the best sound. It will plug in to an input jack on the device or just record by itself on a card. This is it. Super lightweight and great for travelling. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Zoo ... If8-eQaAgeaEALw_wcB
2019-1-29
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I use a standalone Zoom stereo mic with my DSLR, GoPro and Osmo Pocket when I want the best sound. It will plug in to an input jack on the device or just record by itself on a card. This is it. Super lightweight and great for travelling. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Zoo ... If8-eQaAgeaEALw_wcB
2019-1-29
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Price Zoom H1n (amazon.de) is € 87

https://www.google.de/search?q=z ... biw=921&bih=534
2019-1-29
Use props
scofficial
lvl.1

India

That is good thing you shared this experience with us of how it is. Thank you for sharing. It was helpful.
2019-4-19
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.3
United States

I use the OP with a wireless module and a Zoom H2N to record music videos. I then sync the audio and video on an iMac using Audacity & iMovie. I use a clicker to establish a sync point which makes syncing the video and audio easier. I get a nice video with good stereo as a result.
Refer to the forum article “Using Osmo Pocket to record live music in stereo” to see one of my videos with Zoom audio. You can also hear a OP Audio Test comparing the OP audio vs OP with Zoom audio.
2019-4-20
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Detto! For 99.5% of all cases I use NOOOOOOOOOO external sound recorder, for the rest a stereo voice recorder (for € 19.90)
I cannot understand - looking a lot of youtubes - WHY people need audio adapter + mic. Most sounds with additional mic
of vloggings are bad and unnecessary, also sounds of motorbyces etc. Making for trials are okay, but not worth an academic try.
2019-4-20
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

I've got a Zoom H4n Pro that I plan to use in conjunction with the OP.  I'm experimenting a bit with field recording and the OP is a great tool to add a visual element to the sound recordings I think.
2019-6-9
Use props
Elliotpstern

United States

How are you syncing up your sound from your iphone to the video on the op.
2019-8-26
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

Elliotpstern Posted at 8-26 05:32
How are you syncing up your sound from your iphone to the video on the op.

I dump both files (iPhone's audio and OP's video clips) to Premiere Pro and sync them simultaneously.  
2019-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules