Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android Go4 (4.3.12) update...where is it?
2576 37 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI announced and has published Android Go4 app 4.3.12

Can anyone state where that update can be found?

Does it really exist?

2019-1-28
Use props
Skydentist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 681421 ft
United States

Right there with you. Seems that DJI neglects Android users.
2019-1-28
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, bad situation.

I don't understand why DJI can not update Ios and Android at the same time.

The Android update is 'rolled out in stages' is their reply ...
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

download it here          https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2019-1-29
Use props
Pyramid
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Not a good situation??
2019-1-29
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI, don't You agree that the part of your income generated by Android users, give them a right to ask you to hire some more good android programmers to  make you able sync of publishing of android versions together with ios ones
2019-1-29
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Their probably to busy trying to weed out the corrupt employees, rather than offering their customers a great customer experience.  Just brows through the forums … there's a lot of fed up people out here in DJI limbo at the moment. Android Crystalsky and the new smart controller.
2019-1-29
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bomberuk Posted at 1-29 02:22
download it here          https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Managed to download the file
1. onto a SD card
2. via browser
However...
1. the SD card is not recognized (formatted it on a mac/journaled...which might be the problem)
2. via browser...click on the downloaded file doesn't install (option window: text/audio/video/image)
Any ideas how to 'install' it.
(I have 5.5" and doesn't allow me to change the security option either)
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 1-29 09:27
1. onto a SD card
2. via browser

all you need to do is download the apk file not the xapk, onto desktop then plug your phone or tap into comp and copy and paiste over to phone sd card or internal then instal from there, the trouble i have found with apple devices is that they are not easily exploitable but android is open to anything you want to change or do, i personly sold my iphone because it was a pain in the as to hack ;)
2019-1-29
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

bomberuk Posted at 1-29 10:14
all you need to do is download the apk file not the xapk, onto desktop then plug your phone or tap into comp and copy and paiste over to phone sd card or internal then instal from there, the trouble i have found with apple devices is that they are not easily exploitable but android is open to anything you want to change or do, i personly sold my iphone because it was a pain in the as to hack ;)

Am I missing something?

Why can the app not just be downloaded to the phone?
2019-1-29
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

Am I missing something?

2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 1-29 10:28
Am I missing something?

It can once its in the App Store. It was released on Friday, but for whatever reason it didn't release in all regions at the same time. It arrived in the UK this morning, just ahead of the Smart Controller update.

Might not be DJI, might be the App Store as it didn't appear on APKPure until this morning. Just saying!
2019-1-29
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok...did that.
Now get a prompt that says 'app not installed'.
Does it have to be installed through an app on the CS device?Using the SD Card (containing the apk file) in the SD card slot on the CS device...but get the 'above' prompt.
Click on 'install'...then after a bit I get the above 'app not installed'.
2019-1-29
Use props
Mavic2steve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602667 ft

United States

I just installed the apk onto my Samsung Tab A and it works!  I can't test it quite yet but I had a chance to mess with waypoints....awesome!  Thanks again for sharing the file!  Steve
2019-1-29
Use props
Lolo780
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35122792 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Installed from this site, works fine.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Strobing_NYC
First Officer
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

I just opened DJI Go4 and there was a pop up to upgrade and not through the play store. So try opening up DJI Go and see if it says there is an update
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 1-29 11:04
Ok...did that.
Now get a prompt that says 'app not installed'.
Does it have to be installed through an app on the CS device?Using the SD Card (containing the apk file) in the SD card slot on the CS device...but get the 'above' prompt.

not sure how cs works as i dont own one but it works great on android tabs and phones
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

Am I missing something?

just download and copy the apk to your phone
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

Am I missing something?

it dosent work like that you need to know how to install apk files to your phone it is childs play so easy ;)
2019-1-29
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bomberuk Posted at 1-29 14:33
it dosent work like that you need to know how to install apk files to your phone it is childs play so easy ;)

Have any of the Crystalsky owners attempted to update their devices?

Was hoping this Go4 app update would work for that device!?
2019-1-29
Use props
covpack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

Downloaded and installed on my Galaxy S9. I just downloaded it onto my cell phone internal memory DJI folder (just to picksomething), opend up my cell phone file manager, tapped the apk file and it installed. Did a small test, looks like it works...thanks for the link.
2019-1-29
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

covpack Posted at 1-29 17:05
Downloaded and installed on my Galaxy S9. I just downloaded it onto my cell phone internal memory DJI folder (just to picksomething), opend up my cell phone file manager, tapped the apk file and it installed. Did a small test, looks like it works...thanks for the link.

it looks like most of the apk sites have it now for download, its a bit sad that we all have to gone down this route because dji cant get there act together ;)
2019-1-30
Use props
Patricia-mavic
lvl.1

Greece

is it working? Virus free? Thank you!
2019-1-30
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

bomberuk Posted at 1-29 14:33

Cheers
2019-1-30
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

Just a thought, will any warranty be void if something goes awry whilst flying if using that link/app?
2019-1-30
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 1-30 01:26
Just a thought, will any warranty be void if something goes awry whilst flying if using that link/app?

no not at all it is the official version of the go app, dji have been releasing it in stages across diff regions someone had received the update in a different region and just uploaded it to the apk sites for everyone to download,  
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bomberuk Posted at 1-30 00:03
it looks like most of the apk sites have it now for download, its a bit sad that we all have to gone down this route because dji cant get there act together ;)

To be fair to DJI its probably not their fault, they release the app to google store at it migrates across the servers, The fact the app for version .12 was available from apkpure on Monday morning shows it had been released.
2019-1-30
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hiya,

do you know the difference between a XAPK and APK file?

cheers
JJB
2019-1-30
Use props
Scott_P
lvl.1
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-30 13:06
To be fair to DJI its probably not their fault, they release the app to google store at it migrates across the servers, The fact the app for version .12 was available from apkpure on Monday morning shows it had been released.

That might explain the delay on the Google Play store... but when you go to the DJI website and select "Support"-->"Download Center" there is a link to download the .apk directly as well as a link to Google Play.  Even though the graphic for the direct download indicates that it will download V 4.3.2 (probably  should be V 4.3.12), it actually downloads  V 4.3.11.  That's a direct download from DJI it has nothing to do with Google Play.  
2019-1-30
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-30 13:48
hiya,

do you know the difference between a XAPK and APK file?

just use the apk as i have tried the xapk and my phone dosent reconise it ;)
2019-1-30
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

bomberuk Posted at 1-30 15:19

oke, thanks.
both files have the same contents (i hope) but differs in size! wonder why?

cheers
JJB
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scott_P Posted at 1-30 14:04
That might explain the delay on the Google Play store... but when you go to the DJI website and select "Support"-->"Download Center" there is a link to download the .apk directly as well as a link to Google Play.  Even though the graphic for the direct download indicates that it will download V 4.3.2 (probably  should be V 4.3.12), it actually downloads  V 4.3.11.  That's a direct download from DJI it has nothing to do with Google Play.

Well this down to the Web content provider so DJI haven't updated their own link!

2019-1-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bomberuk Posted at 1-30 15:19

AFIK the xapk is the full package which usually requires an additional installer. the smaller app must link to other sources.
Im not a fan of Android so usually steer clear for all of the reasons I see people complaining about :-)
2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_eUbU6zYcByqV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60574 ft
Sweden

Updated to 4.3.12 from Play Store 5 minutes ago.
2019-1-31
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

geoffz Posted at 1-29 09:27
1. onto a SD card
2. via browser

You have to format the SD card as FAT not apple File System.
2019-1-31
Use props
jyc
Captain
Flight distance : 2246224 ft
Canada

It took a while but the new version just appeared on the Google Play store this morning, I'm in Canada.
2019-1-31
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 1-31 03:04
You have to format the SD card as FAT not apple File System.

Yes, did that.
The device (CS) recognizes and sees the file however, won't install it because with CS we're unable to install the play store app.
Anywhere around this?
We can install Amazon app for installing Litchi.
2019-1-31
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

geoffz Posted at 1-31 10:28
Yes, did that.
The device (CS) recognizes and sees the file however, won't install it because with CS we're unable to install the play store app.
Anywhere around this?

I think the main reason for our CS problem is, that usually the DJI Go 4 app has to be uninstalled first. I had the same issue with my Epson Moveo glasses. Direct installation over the old app didn't work (same error message). After uninstallation it worked like charm. Now I have waypoints on the moveo earlier than on the CS - it's a shame and I'm about to regret the purchase. DJI doesn't care at all, not to use harsher vocabulary. I hope SRC customers don't suffer the same.
I found no way yet to uninstall it on the CS and I'm afraid of just deleting the app directories, probably leaving my CS bricked. Didn't find any workaround in the net...
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules