Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Locked out! She won’t fly.
2403 15 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

At this one location I get a message asking if I want to unlock an authorization zone. I try but it says my information can not be verified. Error 4103. It does not even ask me for any further info. I unlocked it at home and it shows unlocked but it still won’t let me fly? Any ideas?
2019-1-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think it might help if you'd give us your location.
2019-1-28
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

I am close to an air field but I have permission from the controllers. Dropped pin Near Emerald Motors, 14910 Meridian E, Puyallup, WA 98375 https://goo.gl/maps/mV7snbSEegr
2019-1-28
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

I also have that zone clear or authorized in self/authorization.
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because your so close to the airfield. How far is your house from this area?

That might answer why you can unlock it at home and not in the field.

You may need more than Dji authoritzation to fly there.  
2019-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Air field hey? Hahaha

Yeah, that happens.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-28
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1256995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have internet access when you are trying to unlock at the airfield?
2019-1-28
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

Yes I am using my phone as a hot spot.
2019-1-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

What are you flying?  I'll take a guess and say you're flying a P4.

If you look at the shape of the blue authorization area, there is a middle section and two end sections separated by a blue line.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

My understanding is you can self authorize in the outer areas but with a graduated height restriction.  But in the closer inner area, which is where you are, you would have to custom authorize.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock

Good luck
2019-1-29
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

So the brown/orange circle needs to be custom unlocked. That seems backwards. Anyway, what papers do they want. It’s a small car lot that is being sold. Just need a couple pictures from .less than 100’.

The other thing is it states to upgrade all firmware to latest version. I have never upgraded the software since I got it three years ago. It flies great and has never given me any problems. So why upgrade and expose myself to all the problems that are talked about.
2019-1-29
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

Yes Phantom 4
2019-1-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 1-29 07:26
So the brown/orange circle needs to be custom unlocked. That seems backwards. Anyway, what papers do they want. It’s a small car lot that is being sold. Just need a couple pictures from .less than 100’.

The other thing is it states to upgrade all firmware to latest version. I have never upgraded the software since I got it three years ago. It flies great and has never given me any problems. So why upgrade and expose myself to all the problems that are talked about.

Okay you're flying 107.

Brown/orange circle?  Sounds like you're not on the right map.  You should see a long rectangular looking shape around and aligned with the runway.  If you're app is showing a circle, it's probably because the geo map isn't updated.  But that's okay.  You can get authorized using a desktop or laptop.  

Choose your AC from the list at the top.  Do that first.  Then look at the map.  Then go about getting DJI authorized.

If you're sure the airspace you want to fly in is not controlled and your UAS flight is therefore legal under Part 107, you can skip the DJI authorization stuff and just block the GPS antenna by taping a few layers of aluminum or copper foil on top of the AC and do your flight, take your photos, and be done.  Be sure you have calm winds or almost calm winds.  Be sure you have some experience flying in ATTI.  Be sure your previous start up was outside of a DJI restricted zone or it won't work.  

Good luck

2019-1-29
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

I am within the hour glass blue shape around the runway. I was authorized to fly there with self authorization. But I believe you are right in that my updates are not current. When trying to start the drone an additional circle shows up not seen in this picture.

So if I update the software, a self authorization will work thus allowing me to fly? Since it is a car lot and I am flying part 107, and the stabilization of the gps is very important(no matter how good I flying atti) I will for go blocking the gps, but that is good info to know and store away.

Should I update the firmware?
2019-1-29
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.4
United States

The lone blue hourglass to the right
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Trackerputnam. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in flying your drone. I will be posting a link for you to be able you check the location where you want to fly your drone is a NFZ and needs and authorization for you to fly in to. You may also send an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to help and assist you further. Thank you.

2019-1-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 1-29 09:07
[view_image]

I am within the hour glass blue shape around the runway. I was authorized to fly there with self authorization. But I believe you are right in that my updates are not current. When trying to start the drone an additional circle shows up not seen in this picture.

I was referring to the app's Geo map being updated or not.  But the app is not the deciding factor.  It's the AC that decides whether you can fly.  So if I was you, I'd use a desktop/laptop and get customized authorization.  It will likely take some time.  Once you get the authorization, that authorization will record itself onto your AC directly provided you start up the system with an internet connection.  From that point, you'll be able to fly.  Your app has nothing to do with it.  

As I said before, my understanding is you are self-authorized to fly in the outer edges of the hour glass with a height restriction.  Flying in the closer middle area requires a custom authorization, I believe.  Otherwise DJI pilots could self-authorize themselves to fly right into the runway and DJI doesn't like their customers to fly into runways unless they know for sure their customer has authorization.  

I don't believe your AC FW has anything to do with solving your problem.  

You can also try emailing flysafe@dji.com to get authorization, but my understanding is you're supposed to use the custom authorization process.  I believe you're going to have to jump through the same hoops by email, so you'll end up wasting time doing it by email.  

Good luck
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules