Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

I am inquiring about any known bugs or issues with the latest firmware for the Mavic 2 Zoom. In particular, any issues in flight, function of camera or remote? I am somewhat interested in trying the waypoint function but am not sure if i should update. Please vote in the poll and utilize this thread to note any possible issues with the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro.
Single SelectVote, Total 27 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

11.11% (3)
88.89% (24)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-1-28
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated and did a test flight yesterday with no issues. Tried waypoint and no problems.

Only a short test but went well.
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-28 20:08
Since updating I have had the video disconnect four times in the last two days. Times I lost video before the update, zero! I would wait.

Thank you for the information. User reports are extremely helpful for everyone on the forum. I wasnt sure but given that I am starting to do commercial work, it would be better that my aircraft works at peak performance.
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 1-28 20:13
I updated and did a test flight yesterday with no issues. Tried waypoint and no problems.

Only a short test but went well.

Thanks for the information.
2019-1-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-28 20:16

Updated both aircraft, zoom & pro, no issues, everything OK. Update also includes battery firmware.

Waypoints work ok, they require practice to get good results.

Carried out a range test with the smart controller and new firmware, all good.
2019-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have updated and did 4 full flights with my furthest flight 5km away from home point and no issues, for me signal actually seemed better. I love my long distance flights and this seemed to be better, also tried out the waypoints feature and other flight modes with no issues. Dji seems to be getting better with heir updates
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-28 20:24
Updated both aircraft, zoom & pro, no issues, everything OK. Update also includes battery firmware.

Thank you for your report. Its good to hear the firmware is working good.
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-28 20:49
I have updated and did 4 full flights with my furthest flight 5km away from home point and no issues, for me signal actually seemed better. I love my long distance flights and this seemed to be better, also tried out the waypoints feature and other flight modes with no issues. Dji seems to be getting better with heir updates

This is excellent news. I am glad that the Mavic 2 does not appear to be having any issues at this moment. I also hope that the good firmware vibes can spread over to the Mavic Air.
2019-1-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-28 20:16

No problem
2019-1-29
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 665965 ft
Denmark

Buzzyone Posted at 1-28 20:24

Is the way point opt. on your list with the smart-controller? (Android device, No app update)
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Headcase81 Posted at 1-29 05:49
Is the way point opt. on your list with the smart-controller? (Android device, No app update)

Version .12 has the Waypoints flight mode, for some reason the Android update has been a bit slow to appear, seems to be there now.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and Good day AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this poll. I hope you'll get the best information based our valued DJI Members and Customers experiences on the stability of 1.00.00.300 firmware. If you have any concerns with the said firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-28 20:08
Since updating I have had the video disconnect four times in the last two days. Times I lost video before the update, zero! I would wait.

OK, thank you for posting this! I thought I was the only one at first...

My signal bar indicators on .0300 seem better, but like you mention, my video feed cut out on a sub-500m range flight 2-3 times on my last 2 flights, and before this last FW update, I didn't have ANY disconnects or even stutters of the video feed...

Now I'm concerned if the M2P won't start going the way of the MA with constant video and signal drops!
2019-1-29
Use props
romeo.cormier
lvl.2
Canada

Yes, I'm noticing strange behaviours on my Zoom since I installed the latest firmware. I have lost contact 3 times, when the drone was no more than 500 metres away.  While trying to take RAW images (my established setting), the drone will take 5 Timed Shots, and will continue this process, going from 5, to 4, to 3, to 2, to 1 and then starting over again. The image files that went to my disk are PNG files, which are very low resolution. As for the card itself, my Windows computer cannot read the files, either photos or videos. I had to send the images to my GMail address to open them.

I'm new with the Zoom and with the iPhone 6S. Should I uninstall the DJI GO 4, and if so , how do I do that with an iPhone?

Thank you!
2019-1-29
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
New Zealand

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 10:33
Version .12 has the Waypoints flight mode, for some reason the Android update has been a bit slow to appear, seems to be there now.

where do you see the new (.12) version of android Go 4? the latest is 4.3.11(722-googlePlay) and has been for a couple of weeks.. do I need to download it directly from DJI website???
2019-1-29
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 10:33

Can't seem to find it, the update app version?
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Headcase81 Posted at 1-30 00:35
Can't seem to find it, the update app version?

Sorry I thought the latest version was in the Store, I have checked again and the version is the .11 version. DJI say that the Android roll out is in phases.
If you download apkpure, from apkpure.com, you can search for it in their libary and install it from there on your Android.

For the Smart Controller its included with the firmware update, you cant update the Go4 App on the Smart Controller independent of the firmware. The latest version ends .0350. Assistant 2 is the most reliable way to get it.

2019-1-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Buzzyone Posted at 1-30 01:45
Sorry I thought the latest version was in the Store, I have checked again and the version is the .11 version. DJI say that the Android roll out is in phases.
If you download apkpure, from apkpure.com, you can search for it in their libary and install it from there on your Android.

I went on the forum again to tell You I did find the update via apk Thanks for heling out, just did a short test, seems like an awesome addition, though I would have liked Them to come with the update before I purchased litchi, on the other hand i find the vr-experience on litchi to be worth the money so well..... Happy flying
Greetings from Dk
2019-1-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Headcase81 Posted at 1-30 02:37
I went on the forum again to tell You I did find the update via apk Thanks for heling out, just did a short test, seems like an awesome addition, though I would have liked Them to come with the update before I purchased litchi, on the other hand i find the vr-experience on litchi to be worth the money so well..... Happy flying
Greetings from Dk

2019-1-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Headcase81 Posted at 1-30 02:37
Greetings from Dk

IMG_20190129_093226.jpg
IMG_20190129_092621.jpg
2019-1-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Buzzyone Posted at 1-30 01:45

I went on the forum again to tell You I did find the update via apk Thanks for helping out, just did a short test, seems like an awesome addition, though I would have liked Them to come with the update before I purchased litchi, on the other hand i find the vr-experience on litchi to be worth the money so well..... Happy flying
Greetings from Dk
2019-1-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Not my intention to spam the forum, sorry
2019-1-30
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi has course and home lock , also.  The dji app does not unless in hyperlapse.
2019-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Everything works well for me on my M2P except that when the WP mission finishes or if I press the red X on the app screen it does not end the WP mission as it should. The only way to abort out is to switch the flight mode on the side of the RC - not a major issue but a glitch all the same.
2019-1-30
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No problems to report, I think reading around here there are very few problems with M2 .
2019-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-31 10:17
I forgot to mention that this was at a cabin in the Smoky Mountains with virtually no interference for many, many miles and the M2P was above me no more than 50 feet away with nothing inbetween during disconects.

I have been having other problems since I got it in September but am afraid to deal with DJI's service department. Besides the fact I will probably get a used refreshed drone and not a new one. This is my first drone and I will never purchase another DJI product. I can't even start the props here inside my house. So I can't even check for problems here.

How far above you was the aircraft, you say 50 ft away, presumably that's the horizontal distance ?

If the aircraft is directly above you then that is the worst possible place to be in terms of reception and transmission between RC & Aircraft.
2019-1-31
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-1-31
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-31 23:11
One time was about 20 feet horizontal and 10 feet vertical. I understand that directly above the antennas is the worst reception but I have been doing it since I got it in September without that problem once. I would hope a system capable of transmitting for miles should have no problem with transmitting a few feet off axis of the antenna. I have had it three to four hundred feet straight up and never had that problem before. It started within hours of the updating... I updated all units firmare and the iOS app.

I would expect that to work okay, I was thinking of much higher altitudes directly above.

If you think this is associated with the update, then perhaps a refresh of the aircraft firmware in Assistant 2. And check that the RC is up to date.

You could also try re-linking RC and aircraft, perhaps a removal and re-install of DJI Go 4 on display device.
2019-2-1
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-1
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated today, everything went well, three fully charged batteries and all three flights without a hiccup. Thanks DJI job well done.
2019-2-2
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257628 ft
Italy

For now, no problem, with the mavic 2 zoom updated.
One flight, unproven waypoints and improved signal quality
2019-2-3
Use props
Daggad
New
Flight distance : 7759 ft

Norway

I have big connection issues with this firmware. On my first flight it was ok for about 10minutes then I got a warning about high CPU use on my iPhone 6s. From then it got worse until I lost signal. RTH via controller worked fine. But even close to my drone it was extremly laggy. Tried to reboot everything, including the phone but still the same.
Not sure what is going on might need to downgrade the firmware ?
2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules