Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Black Screen (and no fan)
668 2 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvenueEye
lvl.1
United States

I've been searching the forums here for the last few hours trying to find out why my Osmo (which worked fine last week with the most up to date software and firmware) is now suddenly doing the Black Screen thing. I'm clearly connected to the device through the app as I'm able to control it's movments, but I have no option to see what it's seeing or record anything. (A TON of other people have mentioned this here, so surely you know what I'm talking about)

I've tried:

Removing the SD card
Resetting the camera
Deleting the app from the phone, (followed by shutting the phone off, then back on, reinstalling and re-connecting)
Cleaning the connection contacts
Flashing the firmware, even though it said it was up to date.

In the About section, when I click on Firmware, it says "Camera  --  Failed"   and  "Encoder   --   Failed". I don't get this, because it worked last week.

Also, the fan isn't working, so the thing is hot as can be.

So, now what?
2019-1-28
Use props
AvenueEye
lvl.1
United States

Oh, and after I uninstalled the app and then re-installed it, the app now sees the "Device" connected as an Inspire.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. It seems you've already exhausted the possible troubleshooting. Unfortunately what I can only recommend is send it into the facility for further checking and for them to find out as well what could be the possible reason. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support and choose one of the support channels in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules