Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erez9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76434 ft
Moldova

Hey

I am new with Dji Spark and I have a question please,
What is better to use? Wifi or OTG connection (I have Samsung Galaxy S8)
and what is the difference between them?

Thank you!
2019-1-29
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

OTG is better in every way
WiFi will reduce your range as there is another connection  Phone + Controller + Drone all WiFi
OTG will increase ur range by a bit and reduce WiFi interference it will be Controller + Drone WiFi  and phone with WiFi off and Bluetooth and 4g offf will give u the best stability possible and range

in short otg will make ur connection more stable and give extra range so use it when possible
2019-1-29
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Hi and welcome to the forum, well OTG is better for the streaming from the camera you will not feel any delay or lags while on WIFI there is a bit of delay, as in regard to the range i dont think it affect it much but maybe it will reduce any interference between the AC and the RC if you use OTG rather than WIFI
Also there are so many threads here in the forum talked about that issue so many time maybe you can search the forum by typing OTG
2019-1-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

cable  !!!
2019-1-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

OTG for sure! no hesitation.
2019-1-29
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Cable connection are always better than wireless.
2019-1-29
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

I also absolutely vote for OTG. Not only is it a more stable connection, more important IMHO is the greatly reduced video lag, at least with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini VE).

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

OTG: Don't fly without it.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hopefully, you'll get the best recommendation on which connection you may use. However, we would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. May you please have a safe flight! Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-29
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

I use OTG. I'm thinking it will reduce the need to use WiFi and therefore less heat which leads to longer stable feed.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules