For guy have smart controller should you choose to update Mavic 2...
1803 14 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For all guys have smart controller should you choose to update Mavic 2 to the latest waypoint 2.0 firmware?

Although we don't have the DJI go 4 new version with your smart controller yet but still can update from your PC, but do you really want to?  As the smart controller not running the latest DJI Go 4 yet, I am not sure is safe to just up the drone to the newest version.  

Please DJI answer my question, if you not go to release new DJI Go 4 for Android or Smart controller any time soon.  Because it is really disturb when everytime open the Go4 app and ask me to update the firmware but it is not working at all!  
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, It is always recommended to update the drone's firmware for you to be able to utilize all the functions of your drone. Also, we just released the  V01.00.0350 Firmware version for DJI Smart Controller that includes updated built-in DJI GO 4 app to v4.3.12 with the new Waypoints feature. I hope this helps. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-29 10:05
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your concern, It is always recommended to update the drone's firmware for you to be able to utilize all the functions of your drone. Also, we just released the  V01.00.0350 Firmware version for DJI Smart Controller that includes updated built-in DJI GO 4 app to v4.3.12 with the new Waypoints feature. I hope this helps. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.  I have follow your suggestion and found the newest update for smart controller.  I download it successfully but tried five to update the controller with all unknown failure which all stop at 98% in system update.  So I would like to know what to do next please.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAVICDLNM Posted at 1-29 11:06
Thanks for your reply.  I have follow your suggestion and found the newest update for smart controller.  I download it successfully but tried five to update the controller with all unknown failure which all stop at 98% in system update.  So I would like to know what to do next please.

Mine stopped at 98% but the install was completed OK, have you checked that it has installed?

Also it seems that it prefers not to have an SD card installed during activation and update for some reason.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 1-29 11:06

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? So we could check this on our end. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 11:43
Mine stopped at 98% but the install was completed OK, have you checked that it has installed?

Also it seems that it prefers not to have an SD card installed during activation and update for some reason.

Thanks Buzzyone for your comment.  Yes I know the SD card is not prefer to install during activation as this is my experience thru a night fail and try.  You can found out from my previous post.
I just don’t understand WHY DJI not stated clear in the beginning.  This is not a hard thing to say which can seriously save a lot of user trial and error time.  And every time update you need to pull out the SD card?  That's very troublesome and if you merge the SD card with main memory like me.  The only way is to format and reset the whole thing.  DJI BAD job!
2019-1-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-29 11:44
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? So we could check this on our end. Thank you.

Hi Natalia thanks for your concern.  Please see the attached photos.  I tried 6-8 times all return the same and stop at 98%.  I have put the SD card in and format as merge with internal memory.  

2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you get this error with merged SD card? Or do you get it without a card in too?

If that makes sense,

also mine didn’t do that it restarted after the update, it was Assistant 2 that stopped at 98% the controller was fine.
2019-1-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 19:45
Do you get this error with merged SD card? Or do you get it without a card in too?

If that makes sense,

I got this error with merged SD card.  Once I remove the card and hard reset the smart controller.  Then all update works fine!  This must be something wrong with the merged SD card function.  So my advice is DON’t ever use this function, or you might have to reset the controller every time when there is an update.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAVICDLNM Posted at 1-29 19:56
I got this error with merged SD card.  Once I remove the card and hard reset the smart controller.  Then all update works fine!  This must be something wrong with the merged SD card function.  So my advice is DON’t ever use this function, or you might have to reset the controller every time when there is an update.

They have acknowledged that there is a bug with the SD card software, I reported a bug in the early release which no longer exists but a nice new one, which is more annoying, does!
2019-1-30
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 1-30 01:55
They have acknowledged that there is a bug with the SD card software, I reported a bug in the early release which no longer exists but a nice new one, which is more annoying, does!

DJI software is full of bugs.  I format with hard reset the smart controller and finally can update to the latest controller firmware with DJI Go 4 app.  But once start the Mavic Pro and tried to update to .300 latest firmware.... now return with network error!  Holy cloud DJI software team absolutely didn't even do any debug before release their update!  REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
2019-1-30
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Thanks for the info guys... I thought, owning an Android Dji Crystalsky 5.5 there's no rush to update... I'll keep in mind SD card bug on update even if this had been solved according to MAVICDLNM ! I would appreciate an official clear procedure from Dji  to do a clean installation. I feel more and more like a beta tester.
2019-1-30
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

FLYINHASS Posted at 1-30 04:10
Thanks for the info guys... I thought, owning an Android Dji Crystalsky 5.5 there's no rush to update... I'll keep in mind SD card bug on update even if this had been solved according to MAVICDLNM ! I would appreciate an official clear procedure from Dji  to do a clean installation. I feel more and more like a beta tester.

don‘t get me wrong.  I never said the bug of SD card was solved.  In fact if you pick use SD card as internal memory there will surely end up with error for firmware update.  So I strongly suggest don’t insert the SD card when doing update.
2019-1-30
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Sorry MAVICDLNM, my bad, Buzzyone  said it... Sorry to hear about the issues to update on your side. I'm wondering why to use SD card as internal memory, I'm sure you know why. - Anyway, I will remove SD Card the day I go for updating the whole thing. (firmware AC/RC and Go4 app on Crystalsky 5.5.) - Thanks MAVICDLNM ^^
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAVICDLNM Posted at 1-30 03:49
DJI software is full of bugs.  I format with hard reset the smart controller and finally can update to the latest controller firmware with DJI Go 4 app.  But once start the Mavic Pro and tried to update to .300 latest firmware.... now return with network error!  Holy cloud DJI software team absolutely didn't even do any debug before release their update!  REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

REALLY DISAPPOINTED is shelling out £30k for a car with which is a 'connected car' with an App. Its more buggy than DJI's stuff! The issues with the SRC are minor and will be resolved.

You will find that most people use Assistant 2 to update DJI equipment, it is the most reliable method & it is significantly faster than using the Go4 App.

It results in less frustration and time saved. The issue with SD cards in the controller wasn't there in .300 but there was a bug that stopped the System updater running when an SD card was set up to expand the cache/internal Memory. This has been addressed but seems to have created a new bug.

Fortunately the actual controller part is stable.
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules