incompatibility between Sony A7III, Ronin-S, MCC cable, Tamron 28-75
2147 1 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info0403
lvl.1
Greece

Hello, I'm experiencing a weird compatibility issue with the Sony A7III, Tamron 28-75 2.8 FE E-mount lens, DJI Ronin-S & the MCC Multi cable.
When shooting a timelapse/motionlapse, randomly while the gimbal continued to issue "shoot" triggers, the camera popped up an "invalid lens" message ruining the timelapse, even though when I stopped the timelapse from the app, I could use the camera/lens combination with no problem.

Everything is brand new, and the pins of the lens seems to not have been the problem since they work reliably for the past month when using the camera only for photos with no such error messages. Only when connecting it to the ronin-s via the new mcc multi cable. I bought two cables, and both exhibit this behaviour. Restarting the camera let me do 2 timelapses/motionlapses with the ronin-s, but then the problem showed up again after 30 mins or so. This seems to be related to the gimbal and the mcc cable protocol, because with the IR cable, I didn't have such a problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Always with regards,
Nikos
2019-1-29
Use props
Beyond Silence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 594229 ft
Germany

Hi, I face the same issue now. did you solve this problem after 2 years?
thx Kai
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules