Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released v01.00.0350
12Next >
4218 46 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Overview
  • Date: 2019.01.29
  • DJI Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0350
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.12
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.6

What’s New?
  • Added German and Spanish languages to the system. Users can set the system language in settings.
  • Optimized the button combinations. To use a button combination, users now only need to hold the back button and then press the other button.
  • Optimized the UI and descriptions for the tips section.
  • Optimized the overall user experience of the Smart Controller.
  • Updated the built-in DJI GO 4 app to v4.3.12, which includes the new Waypoints feature.

Notes
  • To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to update the Smart Controller to the latest firmware version.

FINALLY!!!

2019-1-29
Use props
ting-a-ling
First Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

About damn time, updating it now... Hope it works!
2019-1-29
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Thank you DJI!!  I am updating now!!  I am super happy.. Thank you for listening to us!!  

2019-1-29
Use props
ting-a-ling
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just updated and the waypoint are on the smart controller now, haven't tested yet because we're in a deep freeze right now
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well to be fair we only got .12 on Android today so not too bad!
2019-1-29
Use props
ting-a-ling
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 06:50
Well to be fair we only got .12 on Android today so not too bad!

Well yes android on the Smart Controller but still don't have the android version on the phone yet.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Someone is listening, I guess a few days wasn’t the end of the world.
2019-1-29
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 07:24

History shows us a bit of concern with other products not being updated for a while.  With it only being a few days is remarkable!

Thank you DJI for listening to us!  
2019-1-29
Use props
ting-a-ling
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-29 07:24

So many people being upset and saying it's expensive and it's half finished and that they rushed it out to fast, so why did you buy it. They are listening and so far it works even better with the new firmware. Just need to be patient that's all.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. If you have any inquiries or concerns with the new firmware that has been released. Please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum for us to help you. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ting-a-ling Posted at 1-29 07:58
So many people being upset and saying it's expensive and it's half finished and that they rushed it out to fast, so why did you buy it. They are listening and so far it works even better with the new firmware. Just need to be patient that's all.

I don’t know why some get so excited, if you’ve been around drones for any length of time you kind of get used to this, and it is exactly the same for all drones not just dji, but in my time using prosumer drones things have improved tenfold, more to be done but Rome wasn’t built in a day comes to mind.
2019-1-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fraggboy Posted at 1-29 07:55
History shows us a bit of concern with other products not being updated for a while.  With it only being a few days is remarkable!

Thank you DJI for listening to us!

I think that’s why they keep this forum going, although many complain and in some cases rightly so, but it gives dji a great source of user experience and feedback, and hopefully that will benefit us all.
2019-1-29
Use props
SergeyUA
lvl.1

United States

I love my Smart Controller! Can't wait to get home to update it! Thank you DJI for listening!
2019-1-29
Use props
Puterdude92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558392 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else getting a 98% and a freeze when attempting to update to v01.00.0350? I then get Chinese characters and a prompt to update again. (Attempted this on the device itself and connected it to DJI Assistant) Anyone have any suggestions?
2019-1-29
Use props
ting-a-ling
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Puterdude92 Posted at 1-29 10:33
Anyone else getting a 98% and a freeze when attempting to update to v01.00.0350? I then get Chinese characters and a prompt to update again. (Attempted this on the device itself and connected it to DJI Assistant) Anyone have any suggestions?[view_image]

It work fine when I updated the firmware and I did it just using the wifi
2019-1-29
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

Still cant update the drone with SRC....
2019-1-29
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

Had to update my M2P through Assistant because with SRC is impossible to download the Firmware....
2019-1-29
Use props
fansd8612d99
Flight distance : 762031 ft
Belarus

Another bug: can’t see cd card after restart. Need to re-insert it each time.
2019-1-29
Use props
TVOD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else getting a 98% and a freeze when attempting to update to v01.00.0350? I then get Chinese characters and a prompt to update again. (Attempted this on the device itself and connected it to DJI Assistant) Anyone have any suggestions?[view_image]

yes i am getting the same, i have removed the SD card and i will try again
2019-1-29
Use props
TVOD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Defo SD card causing the problem, mine has just updated without the card installed
2019-1-29
Use props
Sebastien Petit
lvl.1
Canada

yeah i have the same issue, i have been trying at least 5 times, always crash after 98%, plenty of space, battery is full, basically its not downloading the update again it only tries to update from the same downloaded file, is there a way to deleted the update package and start from scratch?
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Anyone else getting a 98% and a freeze when attempting to update to v01.00.0350? I then get Chinese characters and a prompt to update again. (Attempted this on the device itself and connected it to DJI Assistant) Anyone have any suggestions?[view_image]

Hi Puterdude92, sorry for the troubles during the update, could you please export the log folder under /Dpad/com.dpad.update/LOG and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here for further analysis?
In addition, please update via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists, thank you.
1. Connect your Smart Controller to a PC using a USB Type-C cable with the controller powered off.
2. Power on the remote controller.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and log in using a DJI account.
4. Click GRC, and then the firmware update button on the left side.
5. Select and confirm the firmware version.
6. DJI Assistant 2 will download and update the firmware automatically.
7. The remote controller will restart after the update.
2019-1-29
Use props
ting-ting
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sebastien Petit Posted at 1-29 17:42
yeah i have the same issue, i have been trying at least 5 times, always crash after 98%, plenty of space, battery is full, basically its not downloading the update again it only tries to update from the same downloaded file, is there a way to deleted the update package and start from scratch? [view_image]

Factory reset and update without sd card installed
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sebastien Petit Posted at 1-29 17:42
yeah i have the same issue, i have been trying at least 5 times, always crash after 98%, plenty of space, battery is full, basically its not downloading the update again it only tries to update from the same downloaded file, is there a way to deleted the update package and start from scratch? [view_image]

Hi Sebastien, sorry for the troubles on the update, could you please export the log folder under /Dpad/com.dpad.update/LOG and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here for further analysis?
In addition, please update via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists, thank you.
1. Connect your Smart Controller to a PC using a USB Type-C cable with the controller powered off.
2. Power on the remote controller.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and log in using a DJI account.
4. Click GRC, and then the firmware update button on the left side.
5. Select and confirm the firmware version.
6. DJI Assistant 2 will download and update the firmware automatically.
7. The remote controller will restart after the update.
2019-1-29
Use props
fanscea2abf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 08:11
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. If you have any inquiries or concerns with the new firmware that has been released. Please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum for us to help you. Thank you.

I’m seeing in Mavic app post that sc is not reading sad card now are you having problems with newest firmware 100.350 ver
2019-1-29
Use props
fanscea2abf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 08:11

I’m seeing in Mavic app post that sc is not reading sad card now are you having problems with newest firmware 100.350 ver
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscea2abf0 Posted at 1-29 18:33

Hi there, we have received other customers' feedback about this and are verifying with our engineers, if there is any update, we will keep you updated.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
First Officer
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded from assistant 2 for mavic. Download and transmit want well, but install failed three times. The forth time got 100% installed.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded from assistant 2 for mavic. Download and transmit want well, but install failed three times. The forth time got 100% installed.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2019-1-29
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-29 18:55
Hi there, we have received other customers' feedback about this and are verifying with our engineers, if there is any update, we will keep you updated.

Why is not possible to update Mavic 2 Pro trough the Smart Controller? Even with the last firmware update.
2019-1-30
Use props
GlynH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanielVieira Posted at 1-29 10:57
Still cant update the drone with SRC....

Likewise. Same problem as previous in that it says not connected although obviously it is as it has updated the SRC to .0350 and Go4 to 4.3.12 this morning (despite SD Card still in place unlike others) which means I can see Waypoints but dare not use it as drone stuck on .0200

I'm uncomfortable flying it at all with the software version mismatch to be honest...

It looks like I have lost the generic serial number of 0123456789ABCDEF and been allocated what looks to be a unique serial number.

So very nearly a complete fix which is good as I was still waiting for an RMA for my Smart Controller despite my submitting the serial number 4 days ago and having heard nothing since.

Tempted to upgrade aircraft using DJ Assistant on PC but figured that as I paid in excess of £2200 for the whole package it really should just work as designed through the Smart Controller...

-=Glyn=-
2019-1-30
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WHAT ABOUT GO4 (WAYPOINT READY) FOR CRYSTALSKY?
2019-1-30
Use props
Puterdude92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558392 ft
  • >>>
United States

ting-ting Posted at 1-29 18:29
Factory reset and update without sd card installed

Yes, this worked guys.. Factory reset and everything works as its is suppose to... Magical!
2019-1-30
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 418527 ft
Denmark

Has Sky Talk been added to allow for live streaming through Instagram?
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DanielVieira Posted at 1-30 00:53
Why is not possible to update Mavic 2 Pro trough the Smart Controller? Even with the last firmware update.

Are you trying to update FW from January 24th ? .300
2019-1-30
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 08:57
Are you trying to update FW from January 24th ? .300

Yeap...unable to do it via SRC...only with Assistant...

SRC cant download the update...but i could update SRC through wireless without any problems.
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DanielVieira Posted at 1-30 09:13
Yeap...unable to do it via SRC...only with Assistant...

SRC cant download the update...but i could update SRC through wireless without any problems.

I updated with SRC last week it took a bit of time but it updated no errors, this was before I updated SRC because it didn’t get update until week later, I wonder if new update to Controller effected something.
2019-1-30
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 09:34
I updated with SRC last week it took a bit of time but it updated no errors, this was before I updated SRC because it didn’t get update until week later, I wonder if new update to Controller effected something.

With the earlier FW ive got the same error too...it couldnt download the update...network error or something...
2019-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DanielVieira Posted at 1-30 09:42
With the earlier FW ive got the same error too...it couldnt download the update...network error or something...

Wow hope this is not the way forward, since I’ve been flying dji drones and it’s been a long time, I only once had to use dji assistant, I hate the sight of it and avoid it like the plague, lol
2019-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules