Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem Unlocking NFZ - Again!
6447 13 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pianoplayer7
First Officer
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Has anyone had this same problem?

I live in an enhanced warning zone near a small municipal airport. It used to be an authorization zone, and I had no trouble unlocking it. But just recently, since DJI changed to the ribbon style rather than the circles only, the airport has become only an enhanced warning zone.

It has been the first snow in our area for the year, and from experience I am guessing that it will be the only one. I went outside to fly my drone, just to find out that I had not unlocked the area. I went to the NFZ unlock website through DJI, just to find out that there was no need to unlock it online because it was only an enhanced warning zone. Even if I had wanted to, the only zones that I could unlock online were authorization and restricted zones. No warning or enhanced warning zones.

I went back outside with the drone, remote, and iPad. When the drone was in ATTI mode, I had no problem doing the in-app unlock. However, I don't feel very comfortable flying in ATTI, so I just waited it out. When GPS started working, the drone said unable to take off. I checked to see what was wrong. It said, "Cannot take off in a no-fly zone." I tried to take off, but it said that it could not take off in a restricted zone. This isn't even a restricted zone - it is only an enhanced warning zone! And it won't even let me try to unlock it. It just says that the drone is in a restricted zone and can't do anything unless I custom unlock. I don't have the documentation to custom unlock, because the airport can only give me permission to fly on a day-by-day basis, so they don't have anything to give me to say that I can fly there. Has anyone had this problem, and is there any good solution to this issue?

Thank you!
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day pianoplayer7. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. Kindly please send an email at flysafe@dji.com for us to help you further with this issue. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, you may check your location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map if it's really on the restricted area and also make sure you have the latest fly safe database. And if ever you have an issue with regards to unlocking the zone you may send an email here directly for further instruction flysafe@dji.com Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 08:28
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, you may check your location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map if it's really on the restricted area and also make sure you have the latest fly safe database. And if ever you have an issue with regards to unlocking the zone you may send an email here directly for further instruction  Thank you for your support.

I checked, and I am not even close to a restricted zone. I am actually in an enhanced warning zone, not a restricted zone.
2019-1-29
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
United States

Ok, I figured out what happened. I realized that my firmware was not updated, even though I never received a notification for it. When I did, it no longer even warns me for being in that zone. Got some cool snow videos Thanks to DJI Gamora and DJI Stephen for help.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pianoplayer7 Posted at 1-29 09:26
Ok, I figured out what happened. I realized that my firmware was not updated, even though I never received a notification for it. When I did, it no longer even warns me for being in that zone. Got some cool snow videos  Thanks to DJI Gamora and DJI Stephen for help.

Nice to hear that and it's our pleasure. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back again. Thanks!
2019-1-29
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 09:56
Nice to hear that and it's our pleasure. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back again. Thanks!

Thank you very much! I definitely will.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pianoplayer7 Posted at 1-29 10:00
Thank you very much! I definitely will.

Awesome! Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-1-29
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Contact the people at flysafe@dji.com
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_iE4bFDSIvWH7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13681 ft
United States

This is the issue that has kept me back from purchasing a DJI product. I have a commercial drone license as well as a private pilot license with instrument rating. I understand the airspace rules and can get a waiver to fly in a restricted area from the FAA almost immediately. The added step of having to get permission from DJI to do what my license and the FAA authorize me to do in my opinion is overkill. One of DJI's competitors allows you to unlock the no fly restriction by signing a waiver that says you accept all liability for flying the drone. I think something similar should be considered by DJI.
2019-1-29
Use props
Tim Sisson
lvl.1

United States

What version of the firmware has the option to override the NFZ notification?  I'm a member of Civil Air Patrol and we train at the Air National Guard base in Kennesaw GA.  Because it's across the street from McCollum Field (KRYY) it identifies we are in a restricted zone - But - We train "Indoors in the guard building gym". My Mavic 2 Pro allows me to check a box and bypass the NFZ warning and fly.  One of our other members has a Mavic Pro and it will not let him.  I believe he has the wrong firmware loaded...   What's the latest firmware version that allows him to move on past the warning?   
2019-11-25
Use props
dji_MODDER
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

take away NFZ with superpatcher.

Super-Patcher works differently than other methods for unlocking firmware. It is not a modification that mixes old firmware with new firmware. Super-Patcher patches the flight controller module that is already installed on your aircraft. This ability to patch the actual firmware itself means that new capabilities are unlocked. Super-Patcher has been tested and verified. You can trust that it has been proven but you still use at your own risk.
While Super-Patcher removes the default altitude and GeoZone limitations, that does not mean it is safe or legal to do so in your area without proper authorization. DJI Super-Patcher is meant to allow responsible pilots with the correct authorization to fly in areas and to heights that DJI does not offer a reasonable method or any method at all to unlock. It is solely the responsibility of the pilot to ensure local laws and regulations are adhered to and to fly safely just like with any other aircraft.
PLEASE FLY RESPONSIBLY!

2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_CfHeuE8NwdDb
lvl.1

United States

I have had this same issue lately too.  DJI geo-zones are INACCURATE.  I have checked DJI maps, B4UFLY app, Kittyhawk App, as well as FAA TFR website for any late pop up restrictions.  Today DJI app would not let me takeoff.  EXTREMEMLY frustrating.   Have an email into DJI and we will see.  My firmware and app are all up to date.
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_2wSlnPWe8rhT
New

Denmark

Hi
Same here today.
Problems unlocking NFZ - until I restarted my tablet and it all of a sudden worked.
As I'm using my Mavic 2 to document work it is really annoying not being able to "just fly".
I do have a professional drone license and so on - why can't I just, like mentioned earlier, click a check box and fly on my own risk?
Am thinking about purchasing a Mavic Enterprise Dual - but until this feature is fixed to make things easier, I think I'll wait or look somewhere else...

Image from Airmap - according to DJI I am in the extended zone with max height of 60 m, Danish law limits flights in this zone to 40m, max flight height is set to 40 m in the app.

2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules