Cosmostreamer Looks Amazing (HDMI Output from Osmo Pocket)
17145 11 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atomicodex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

I ran across a Youtube video that showed the user pulling an HDMI signal from his Osmo Pocket using a Raspbery Pi and some very clever programming. I thought I'd share the website here and see what you guys think.

http://cosmostreamer.com/products/pocketosmo/diy/

My first thought was "How the hell is he doing this and when is DJI going to send him a cease and desist?" But I really hope they don't, because he appears to have made a pretty serious breakthrough in terms of functionality. Not only is he getting a clean HDMI signal, but he also describes RC control for pan and tilt, and a few other nice untapped capabilities.

It's not cheap, starting at $150, but it does add a lot of value and funtionality to the camera. I, for one, will be buying a software license,
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing this information with us. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Scarily impressive.
This is what that software company was looking for the other day on this forum.
Maybe they should have been employing him. I'm just gobsmacked this has been hacked this fast.
2019-1-29
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Oooh nice, I'd love to be able to hook the Osmo Pocket up to a TV for viewing stuff you've shot. I also want that panning/gimbal movement he does, where the camera pans across the frame in a half circle kinda movement. I tried to make a similar shot with the OP the other week, but it's damn hard to create a super smooth panning shot like that. Make it happen, DJI. :-)
2019-1-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The problem is, with all that extra gear plus the program it will come to as much as the Osmo Pocket again unless you happen to own such gear in the first place.
Still, very interesting. Imagine four of five Omo Pockets remotely controlled being recorded at once to an editing package. You have a one or two man mobile studio at a reasonable price for that amount of flexibility.
2019-1-29
Use props
Playrec Produzioni
New

Italy

se potessi avere una uscita clean con audio embedded potrei usare osmo pocket come una normale telecamera e collegarla ad un liveU 200 per il live
2019-2-23
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

This is very interesting. I can imagine using the software and connecting it to an atomos video recorder unit. It'll be awesome to record high-quality videos straight to a SSD, making this unit a more profesional use.
2019-2-24
Use props
fans38809cef
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Wow! My Cosmostreamer mentioned on official DJI forum, nice!
2019-3-17
Use props
Joly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153947 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I wanted to give this a try... but my antivirus reported the following...

2020-4-11
Use props
djiuser_zBI1FsZRADsh
lvl.1

India

DJI is no paying to its staff to create a useful feature and this guy charging people more than OSMO pocket's cost for open libraries and a reasonable amount of code.
I rather Pay DJI to create the native feature which will be smooth and lag-free.
2020-5-16
Use props
Henrique Ribas
New

Brazil

Hey DJI, why not updating your firmware and DJI mimo so we can make it happen just at the gadget
2020-5-28
Use props
Walter Bonomo
New

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-1-29 08:04
Hi there, thank you for sharing this information with us. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Do you plan in the near future to make a module to output an hdmi signal. It is a highly anticipated function
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules