Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Remote controll Ronin M
5847 14 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

I am trying to set up the remote control with my used ronin m and can not get it to work properly.
After binding the remote to the ronin m the LED beside the bind button on the gimbal is changing between green and red. If I want to move the gimbal with the joystick, the input is extremly delayed (almost 2s) and it is only turning in steps. For example if I hold down the pan joystick for 10 seconds the gimbal moves several times for like 10 degrees and stops in inbetween those steps...

Here is what I tried so far:

- Remote is fully charged
- Connecting and using the thumb controller is no Problem and works just fine
- I updated all firmware (Gimbal and Remote)
- I did reset the settings to factory settings

Can someone help me with this problem?

2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. May I ask have you tried to adjust the setting of the Dead band and Maximum speed on the control setting? You can give a try to adjust it and see if will work. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

Thank you for the fast reply!

I have now tested several values (Even extrem ones like 100) for the deadband and maximum speed setting. The gimbal is indeed moving faster and slower so I assume the settings work just fine.
However the problem is still present. I got a massive input lag and the gimbal moves in small increments. As if the signal get lost every second, working for one second and then gets lost again.

I have tested these settings with the thumb controller aswell and it works just fine. With the thumb controller i do not get input lag and the gimbal moves perfectly.

Maybe I got a faulty remote control? The previous owner of the gimbal told me that he never used the remote so it should be in brand new condition.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hnkk Posted at 1-29 11:58
Thank you for the fast reply!

I have now tested several values (Even extrem ones like 100) for the deadband and maximum speed setting. The gimbal is indeed moving faster and slower so I assume the settings work just fine.

I'm sorry to hear that, How about this have you already tried to change the setting of the Remote operator in Deadband. Maximum speed and smoothing? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-30
Use props
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 14:29
I'm sorry to hear that, How about this have you already tried to change the setting of the Remote operator in Deadband. Maximum speed and smoothing? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
[view_image]

Yes I tried adjusting all of those settings. I am currently using 8/8 for Deadband, 24/18 for Maximum Speed and 15/15 for Smoothing. Those settings work just fine even with the remote. However it does not fix my problem.
I will describe the process how I turn on the gimbal with the remote:

1. Power on Gimbal (LED is blinking red)
2. Power on Remote Controll (three bleep sounds and then green led; Battery is fully charged 4/4 leds)
3. Led on the Gimbal is switching rapidly between green and red
4. I try to pan left with the joystick
5. About 1-2 seconds later the gimbal starts moving for about 15 degrees and stops. (I am still holding down the joystick)
6. After a 2 second pause the gimbal starts moving again for  about 15 degrees.

I have following firmware installed:

Gimbal:
GCU 1.7
IMU 1.4
Battery 1.0
Reciever 1.1.0.15

Remote:
Remote Controller 1.1.0.20
2019-1-31
Use props
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

This is the exact problem I have^

2019-1-31
Use props
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

I did more research and it turns out that the firmware versions I have installed do not match. They are basically incompatible.
Since I bought my gimbal used, the previous owner updated the firmware before selling it.

Can someone tell me the correct firmware versions that are confirmed to work? Without rendering my thumb controller useless which is working just fine with the current firmware installed.
And how do I roll back the firmware on my devices? I can't seem to find an option for that...

I am looking for a solution for almost two weeks now and need it fixed asap
2019-2-8
Use props
Hnkk
lvl.1

Germany

Ok so after a bit more research I found a solution for this!
Update the remote control from firmware 1.1.0.20 to 1.1.0.21

In order to do this you have to go to the windows for firmware update in the GimbalAssistant Software. The software will state that there is no update available.
Just type in "door" on your keyboard. A new windows will appear. Enter "ronin" as Username AND password.
Now the update should work just fine and install normally.

My original problem is fixed. However I have no control over the roll axis anymore. Pan and tilt work just fine thought.
If someone could tell me how to fix the roll issues, I would be very happy!
Thanks
2019-2-12
Use props
Sasha S
New

Spain

Hnkk Posted at 2-12 09:48

Hi, have you been able to fix the Roll Axis issue? I have the same problem, it stopped to work after the firmware update.
2019-7-22
Use props
Sasha S
New

Spain

Sasha S Posted at 7-22 11:07
Hi, have you been able to fix the Roll Axis issue? I have the same problem, it stopped to work after the firmware update.

I have just realized that the roll axis works fine if you use the first and second positions of the Mode toggle switch, It does not work in the third position. At least for me the issue is solved
2019-7-23
Use props
Ongaro
New
Canada

Having the same issue .. will try your solution. Wish I never upgrade the firmware as it was working. Very frustrating waste of time that was.
2020-4-19
Use props
Ongaro
New
Canada

Problem solved .. not sure why they have to bury such a simple solution.  Grrrr
Thanks for posting!!
2020-4-19
Use props
PieterWielen
lvl.1

Netherlands

Did this update!
Thank you so much for the solution. Searched a long time for this!
The only problem I have, is that the tilt won't work.. Someone having a solution for this?
2020-10-28
Use props
Nathaly Pinheir
lvl.1
Chile

I have the same problem. I bought my ronin m from a friend but he cant find the original usb cable. Do you all use the original cable? The computer cant recognize my ronin when using other usb cables. Ive tried many cables and nothing.
2020-11-23
Use props
Nathaly Pinheir
lvl.1
Chile

Hnkk Posted at 2019-2-12 09:48

What do you mean with typing ¨door¨? Im sorry.. Im from Chile.. which button is this?
2020-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules