Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I update firmware?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

I have not updated firmware since I bought my drone three years ago. Should I do so considering all the troubles people have had? It flies just fine and I have had no problems with it. But there maybe some issues with getting authorizations if I do not update. So what do you think?
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Trackerputnam. Thank you for raising this inquiry. Please update the firmware of your drone for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the DJI Phantom 4 and with the DJI Go 4 application. You need to update to the latest firmware for you to be able to get all the updated functions for your drone. I will be posting a link where you can download the most recent firmware for the said drone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/in ... te_search#downloads

2019-1-29
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
United States

So I see the link but when I open it up I don’t see a firmware update. The app will be easy because it is always asking me to update. One click. The drone though is different. Will it ask to update if I hook it up to the computer?

And secondly, if I don’t care about the additional features do I really want to update?
2019-1-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 1-29 09:34
So I see the link but when I open it up I don’t see a firmware update. The app will be easy because it is always asking me to update. One click. The drone though is different. Will it ask to update if I hook it up to the computer?

And secondly, if I don’t care about the additional features do I really want to update?

Aloha Putnam,

There are some on the Forum who say, "If it is not broke, do not fix it."  I am not one of them, but the P4 did have some real issues with iOS devices.  My P4 runs the latest and works like a champ!  But then, I am using Android.

Do be aware that if you update the app and do not update the firmware, there can be compatibility issues.  Also, many of the P4 updates can not be rolled back because of a hacking attempt last year.  Be sure to update the GEO updates, the ones that come up right away and offer you to "Ignore" the update.  After about five or so update offerings, the live view is shut down and flight distances and altitude are limited until you update the P4 and device.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-30
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
United States

Yea, makes it sound scary. I am running a iPad Pro and have never had a problem. Do I need to also upgrade the battery software?
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules