9253 30 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on. The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you try to use a different SD card just to isolate the issue? and what SD card as you using? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-29
Use props
fansd8612d99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 762031 ft
Belarus

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 15:02
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you try to use a different SD card just to isolate the issue? and what SD card as you using? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Same probleme here, SanDisk Extreme 128
2019-1-29
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 15:02

Tried 3 different SD cards, same issue. Using this card https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSD UHS-I Card with Adapter - U3 A2 - SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MA   This is the card recommended by DJI.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

@HoverGuy @fansd8612d99 Thank you for providing information with regards to the SD card that is used, here's what I can do. I can forward this concern to our developer for them to check and what could be the possible workaround I will go back here once I have the feedback. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-1-29
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep same problem here. After shutting down and restarting the sd card is not recognized. I have to remove it and reinstall it then it works.

2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 15:12
@HoverGuy @fansd8612d99 Thank you for providing information with regards to the SD card that is used, here's what I can do. I can forward this concern to our developer for them to check and what could be the possible workaround I will go back here once I have the feedback. Thank you for your consideration.

Please also feed back that you can’t add a memory card as an extension of the internal memory, the migrate function fails a produces the error ‘not enough space’
2019-1-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 17:44
Please also feed back that you can’t add a memory card as an extension of the internal memory, the migrate function fails a produces the error ‘not enough space’

While I would suggest that you probably don't want to do that as it makes accessing the card's contents difficult/impossible outside of the controller, the function should either work or not be offered as an option.

The original purpose to "extending" the memory to a card was for earlier cellphones with limited internal ram.  Folks were running out of space for apps and their associated files/modules.  
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Buzzyone Posted at 1-29 17:44

Hi Buzzyone, sorry for the inconvenience caused, may I have a picture of the error message so that we can verify with our engineers for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Trailkill Posted at 1-29 16:36
Yep same problem here. After shutting down and restarting the sd card is not recognized. I have to remove it and reinstall it then it works.

Hi Trailkill, thanks for your feedback, this issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, we will come back to you once we hear anything from them, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi HoverGuy, an update for this issue, we have been aware of this and will get it optimized in the next firmware. At the moment, if you would like to use the external SD card, please plug in the SD card after powering on the Smart Controller, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd8612d99 Posted at 1-29 15:06
Same probleme here, SanDisk Extreme 128

Hi there, an update for this issue, we have been aware of this and will get it optimized in the next firmware. At the moment, if you would like to use the external SD card, please plug in the SD card after powering on the Smart Controller, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Trailkill Posted at 1-29 16:36

Hi there, an update for this issue, we have been aware of this and will get it optimized in the next firmware. At the moment, if you would like to use the external SD card, please plug in the SD card after powering on the Smart Controller, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2019-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 18:51
Hi Buzzyone, sorry for the inconvenience caused, may I have a picture of the error message so that we can verify with our engineers for further support? Thank you in advance.

After installing a brand new SanDisk Extreme U-3 card 32Gb you get the option to use for internal storage.

So I format it and select Move Files:

It starts to carry out the move

The App quits and returns home

If we look at the internal storage, in explorer, it shows no expansion

In settings it shows the extended memory

If I try to 'Migrate' from this menu:

We get this error:

Hope this helps, if you need anything please contact me.

Firmware is the latest version 0350.
2019-1-30
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Same probleme here, SanDisk Extreme 64GB
2019-1-30
Use props
giaco77
lvl.2

Italy

New firmware .060 extit now
2019-2-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2019-2-1
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Thank you.
2019-2-1
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you format the sd card?
2019-2-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Funn 1 Posted at 2-1 13:17
How do you format the sd card?

When you insert the card, there will be a message in the pull down menu, touch this and you get the option to prepare it for use. If the card is no readable it will ask to prepare it.

As far as I know ther isn’t a specific format command.
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_FTsVM9xD4ASp
New
United States

Hey guys. I just got my Mavic 2 with a smart controller this past week and it won’t recognize my SD Card in the DJI GO 4 app. In the app under camera settings the “Format SD Card” option is grayed out and in storage location “SD Card” is grayed out and reads “N/A”. However, under the File Manager app on the controller it shows the capacity and allows me to navigate the folders within the SD Card. I am using the SanDisk Extreme SDXC that DJI recommends (both a 128GB and 64GB). Both are giving me this same issue and I have attempted formatting them from the controller but it didn’t help. Any ideas?
2019-7-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_FTsVM9xD4ASp Posted at 7-7 18:47
Hey guys. I just got my Mavic 2 with a smart controller this past week and it won’t recognize my SD Card in the DJI GO 4 app. In the app under camera settings the “Format SD Card” option is grayed out and in storage location “SD Card” is grayed out and reads “N/A”. However, under the File Manager app on the controller it shows the capacity and allows me to navigate the folders within the SD Card. I am using the SanDisk Extreme SDXC that DJI recommends (both a 128GB and 64GB). Both are giving me this same issue and I have attempted formatting them from the controller but it didn’t help. Any ideas?

Where did you purchase the cards?  There are apps and programs to test whether cards are counterfeit.  Where did you initially format the card(s)?
2019-7-8
Use props
djiuser_FTsVM9xD4ASp
New
United States

ff22 Posted at 7-8 06:37
Where did you purchase the cards?  There are apps and programs to test whether cards are counterfeit.  Where did you initially format the card(s)?

The 128GB I got as part of the Mavic 2 package off Amazon from SURE RC (an authorized DJI dealer) and the 64GB I just bought from Walmart. I formatted them using the smart controller.
2019-7-8
Use props
djiuser_FTsVM9xD4ASp
New
United States

djiuser_FTsVM9xD4ASp Posted at 7-8 09:36
The 128GB I got as part of the Mavic 2 package off Amazon from SURE RC (an authorized DJI dealer) and the 64GB I just bought from Walmart. I formatted them using the smart controller.

I just spoke with tech support... turns out it was just user error on my part. To save directly to the SD card you must install the card in the drone aircraft itself not the smart controller like I was trying to do.
2019-7-8
Use props
ECLIPSEINTHESKY
New

Netherlands

I have the same issue still at 1 Jan 2020 using Sandisk Extreme Pro 128Gb. Also trying to upgrade firmware to V01.00.0530 on the smart controller which keeps on powering down part way through the process even though it is at 99% battery. Pain in the neck and such a waste of precious time. For the price of this equipment,  there should be no such issues. Time that DJI sort everything out before releasing new products.
2020-1-1
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

ECLIPSEINTHESKY Posted at 1-1 06:20
I have the same issue still at 1 Jan 2020 using Sandisk Extreme Pro 128Gb. Also trying to upgrade firmware to V01.00.0530 on the smart controller which keeps on powering down part way through the process even though it is at 99% battery. Pain in the neck and such a waste of precious time. For the price of this equipment,  there should be no such issues. Time that DJI sort everything out before releasing new products.

When I'm doing updates, I change the Display Timeout to the maximum 30 minutes (I think) so that I don't have to refresh the screen manually as often.  It is in Main Settings in the SC.
2020-1-1
Use props
photoart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Sweden

Hi! For everyone have a problem with SD card in smart controller after updating the firmware, just put the card in the drone and it will be work 100%, hopefully we will get new firmware updated with fixes this problem.
2020-1-9
Use props
photoart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Sweden

Hi! For everyone have a problem with SD card in smart controller after updating the firmware, just put the card in the drone and it will be work 100%, hopefully we will get new firmware updated with fixes this problem.
2020-1-9
Use props
Aladdinvivero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29570 ft
United States

photoart Posted at 1-9 06:17

I tried this procedure and yes it works. However, audio can’t be recorded like it used too. Any thoughts?
2020-7-19
Use props
phillmorbigpond.net.au
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43048 ft
Australia

photoart Posted at 1-9 06:15

I had the same problem, put it into drone works great. Was doing my head in until I read your post.
Works great
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_WwV5C90GJpio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271995 ft
Canada

DJI cant we just undo what your update has done? This system was working great till you did this update. Most of us do not have time for this with your product.
2021-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules