Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart controller not unlocking geo zones
992 12 1-29 14:19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZachC2009
lvl.2
United States

Is anyone else having trouble flying in areas where you have to tell the smart controller that you have authorization to fly there? When I tried to mine would take me to a webpage all in Chinese instead of English. Trying to fly in Mukilteo, WA USA. Went online when I got home and unlocked through my account and will try again tomorrow hoping it will work.
1-29 14:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. When you are trying to Authorized to fly on the Authorization zone you need to have a working internet connection. Or if you having an issue you may use the scheduled unlocking on this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and as you mention you were able to unlock it. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
1-29 15:07
Use props
ZachC2009
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 15:07
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. When you are trying to Authorized to fly on the Authorization zone you need to have a working internet connection. Or if you having an issue you may use the scheduled unlocking on this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and as you mention you were able to unlock it. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Is there a way to pair a cell phone to the smart controller to piggy back the cell signal to the smart controller?
1-29 16:18
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692625 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can make your Cellphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot, then you should be able to log onto the Wi-Fi hotspot you created and use it to connect to the internet.  then just carry the phone with you to use the internet through the controller.
1-29 19:47
Use props
ZachC2009
lvl.2
United States

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 1-29 19:47
If you can make your Cellphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot, then you should be able to log onto the Wi-Fi hotspot you created and use it to connect to the internet.  then just carry the phone with you to use the internet through the controller.

Thanks yeah that’s what I figured I would have to do. Just wish there was an easier way to be able to say I have authority to fly there.
1-29 21:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

ZachC2009 Posted at 1-29 16:18
Is there a way to pair a cell phone to the smart controller to piggy back the cell signal to the smart controller?

Right! CRAIGMART75 is correct you can just create a hotspot from your mobile phone then connect the Smartphone for you to have a working internet but make sure first you have a working internet from your mobile device. Hope it helps. Thank you for your support.
1-30 08:07
Use props
Koelkop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22479846 ft
South Africa

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 1-29 19:47
If you can make your Cellphone into a Wi-Fi hotspot, then you should be able to log onto the Wi-Fi hotspot you created and use it to connect to the internet.  then just carry the phone with you to use the internet through the controller.

Thats not very "smart" for an expensive "smart" controller
1-30 10:33
Use props
ZachC2009
lvl.2
United States

Tried turning in on hotspot on phone and smart controller saw it but would not stay connected to it. Had to go somewhere else to fly today because of it.
1-30 13:39
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Payne Field providing to be a pain (with commercial flight noise even more of a pain!)

I get stopped if there's a game at Husky Stadium!!!
2-1 10:50
Use props
djiuser_H6RuPB3wCFrL
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 15:07
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. When you are trying to Authorized to fly on the Authorization zone you need to have a working internet connection. Or if you having an issue you may use the scheduled unlocking on this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and as you mention you were able to unlock it. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Is there a way to pre unlock an area using the DJI webpage, Logging that information into the smart controller.  Then when I am at that location be able to fly it without internet?  I do not have mobile hotspot.
3-11 13:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

djiuser_H6RuPB3wCFrL Posted at 3-11 13:33
Is there a way to pre unlock an area using the DJI webpage, Logging that information into the smart controller.  Then when I am at that location be able to fly it without internet?  I do not have mobile hotspot.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, if your location is on the Authorization zone you can pre-unlock or schedule it here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and choose the Self-unlocking, then scroll down you may see the schedule unlocking. See the screenshot below.
3-11 14:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

djiuser_H6RuPB3wCFrL Posted at 3-11 13:33

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, if your location is on the Authorization zone you can pre-unlock or schedule it here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and choose the Self-unlocking, then scroll down you may see the schedule unlocking. See the screenshot below.
3-11 14:06
Use props
KS-6
lvl.2

I'm pretty sure I am selling all this hobbyist garbage and going back to just subcontracting out drone pilots for my shoots.

I got my Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Controller and 6 effing batteries a couple months ago in preparation for what is a $15K shoot all week this week and all last week while testing it out, I got locked out every damned time even with 5 pages of Skyward 50AGL approvals!

Now it is GO TIME with no room for re-shoots and I cant even get the stupid page to send a code to my phone!!! It just counts down and nothing shows up on my phone. Then, when do get it to pre-approve and while out in the field, the stupid thing says I have authorization and when I click send after clicking the boxes, it says FAILED!!!! And yes, I have wifi.

In my entire 32 year career shooting aerials and high end commercial jobs, I have NEVER seen such an unprofessional and kludgy approach to supporting ACTUAL WORKING PROFESSIONALS!!!!
For pete's sake, charge me $300 a year for some streamlined enterprise / professional way to get this thing off the ground, SOMETHING other than this sh_t show!!!

I have absolutely HAD IT with this, my reputation is on the line and your product just STINKS!!!!
10-14 19:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules