Home point elevation
1101 5 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

I'm certain I saw something regarding this before but cannot seem to locate it any longer.

Let's say that you are on top of a large hill or standing near a fairly decent drop-off point (edge of a cliff for example). You take off and rise to 30 meters or so. Then you move horizontally in another direction toward the bottom of the hill or over the cliff's edge without changing your actual altitude. Now the drone is 200 meters away and obviously much further in height from the actual ground now than when you took off. Then you lower the drone to a point much lower down that hill than that which was recorded upon your take-off point. What kind of feedback would you be receiving as to your exact height? Negative numbers or would the elevation reading change as the terrain does?
2019-1-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Negative numbers is what you will get.
2019-1-29
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Thank you.
2019-1-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO is always the altitude above (or below in this case) the takeoff point.
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The current altitude of your aircraft can be monitored on the DJI Go 4 application. Apparently, flying the drone lower than your take-off point should've given you negative numbers.  Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-30
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the replies. Haven't done it yet, but just wondering what would happen if I did......
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules