Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Customer Service... Better than I Thought
3776 32 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

After reading so many different posts about DJI customer service, I thought I’d take a minute to share some of the positive experience I have had with them. I have owned several DJI drones: Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, Spark and almost every Phantom all the way up to my P4. Just like everybody else, I have crashed my drones for couple of times now, and inevitably I've been dealing with DJI support for numerous times. So I know what I'm talking about.

Last month I went to Melbourne to complete a project for my client. That morning I flew 2 batteries with no issues but afternoon the plans were changed and we moved to another shooting location. I wasn’t familiar with the shooting spot and guess what... all of a sudden, I lost connection to my drone.  After 10-15 seconds connection got back, it turned into Atti mode (kind of "no GPS mode" if you doesn't know). So I pushed back and crashed into a pole that was hanging of the rooftop… Yea… I guess no matter how experienced you are, you can still get freaked out when you lose control of it. When I found my drone, the front left landing gear and motor were broken.

Though I still got quota for 2 replacements of DJI care refresh, I didn’t expect to use them that soon.

IMG_1981.jpg
crash scene

Then I’ve applied for DJI repair service here https://www.dji.com/service/repair and sent it in. I was supposed to pay $328 for the repair, but as I had an option to use DJI care refresh, I only spent $159 to get a new Mavic 2 pro.

3.jpeg

4.jpg

(You can actually choose to ‘Use Care Refresh’ here)

Almost every two days since they received my drone they e-mailed me to keep me informed of the status. Turnaround time was surprisingly fast, I got a new Mavic 2 Pro that works fine in less than 10 days. Surprisingly, they sent me a bunch of free accessories that I didn’t ask for.
DJI support folks handled the situation very quickly,and covered my incident at the very reasonable cost for me and with no problem on their end. So far, they have exceeded my expectations.

Also, here are some tips according to refresh for you guys that might be useful:

1.  You got a chance to select to use or not to use one of the replacement plans. If the damaged parts cost more than the care refresh replacement fee, MAKE SURE you don’t pay for the repair fees,when you actually can choose to use DJI Care Refresh at less cost.

2.  The care service bound on the old drone will be transfered to the new one automatically after the whole process. So, if you’ve replaced your drone, and there is still a quota for one replacement left for your old drone,DJI customer service team will automatically link the refresh service to your new drone.

Anyway, I see some people online are complaining about DJI customer service, but so far, their team is taking good care of me...lol!

2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your experience with DJI. Your satisfaction means everything to us. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-30
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
Captain
Flight distance : 170627 ft

People are just quick to post negative things, when someone's having complains, the first thing they want to do is to spread the words.
Till now, my experience with dji customer service is also great, nothing to complain about.
2019-1-30
Use props
Estelle Lau
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Had similar experience before, my drone crashed before, I just contacted DJI Support once at the beginning, they guided me to create a repair case, then I sent it in. Several days after they received the drone, I got a quotation which told me that my drone will be repaired under warranty, they sent the repaired drone to me very quickly. I never tried to bother them again and again, just wait for an update patiently, the fact is they didn't let me down. So far, I am a happy customer.
2019-1-30
Use props
J.C.Nathan
lvl.1

United States

Same here, I bought a used MP several weeks ago, and it began showing the error messages with the calibration. Then I contacted DJI Support through email, they reminded me that I'm still within the warranty period, and advise me to send it in and offered me a prepaid shipping label.   After DJI authorized the return of my MP, they sent it back to me just the next day. DJI covered the entire shipping fee. After I received it, it's just a completely new drone to me, and my RMC had also been replaced.

2019-1-30
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 09:00
Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your experience with DJI. Your satisfaction means everything to us. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.

Hi Gamora. Sure I will. Thanks
2019-1-31
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

J.C.Nathan Posted at 1-30 22:42
Same here, I bought a used MP several weeks ago, and it began showing the error messages with the calibration. Then I contacted DJI Support through email, they reminded me that I'm still within the warranty period, and advise me to send it in and offered me a prepaid shipping label.   After DJI authorized the return of my MP, they sent it back to me just the next day. DJI covered the entire shipping fee. After I received it, it's just a completely new drone to me, and my RMC had also been replaced.

That's good to hear.
It's very likely they've replaced your drone instead of repairing it. Though I don't understand why there are so many people complaining about the refurbished drones they provide, I find it fair enough to get a new drone with acceptable price.
2019-1-31
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

Jonatan.C.N Posted at 1-30 19:58
People are just quick to post negative things, when someone's having complains, the first thing they want to do is to spread the words.
Till now, my experience with dji customer service is also great, nothing to complain about.

Yeah.. that's why I intend to say some positive stuff here.
At least most of DJI support staff is trying hard to take good care of their customers.  Also, drones are far too complicated than other products, it's for sure it'll take longer time and more patience to complete the procedures.
2019-1-31
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

Estelle Lau Posted at 1-30 22:28
Had similar experience before, my drone crashed before, I just contacted DJI Support once at the beginning, they guided me to create a repair case, then I sent it in. Several days after they received the drone, I got a quotation which told me that my drone will be repaired under warranty, they sent the repaired drone to me very quickly. I never tried to bother them again and again, just wait for an update patiently, the fact is they didn't let me down. So far, I am a happy customer.

That's good to hear
2019-1-31
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1427 ft

Never had a chance to use my care yet! And hope I'll never use it! lol
2019-1-31
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear the experience was good. I only had to contact them once or twice in the beginning with my new M2P about calibration issues, and CS was quick to respond, as were others on this forum that ultimately led me in the proper direction to get flying.

Out of curiosity, is it always better to just use the Refresh over the repair steps with support? I think the Refresh gives you 2 new replacements with a deductible of $159 or something like that. I would imagine a good crash would produce above and beyond the deductible value for any repairs needed. I have the Refresh, and hopefully I don't have to use it, but that is what insurance is for! You pay for it in hopes you don't have to use it!
2019-2-1
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

When the repair fee goes higher than the replacement fee, it's definitly better to use the Care Refresh, besides, it's faster.
I guess most of the people won't crash their drone that hard for more than 2 times within 1 year. So.. if your drone has to go through the repair steps, why not just replace it and get a new drone from DJI. It's a good bargain.
2019-2-2
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Well it's good to hear a few positive stories about DJI repairs. I have not had cause to use the service yet but have always heard good things about the Australian repair facility.
I hope by saying this that I have not put a jinx on myself
2019-2-2
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Are you sure it is NEW? Normally it is a refurbished unit that crashed like yours...
2019-2-4
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

El Diabolico Posted at 2-4 06:48
Are you sure it is NEW? Normally it is a refurbished unit that crashed like yours...

lol. It looks new to me, and works pretty well too.
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

MichealMedia Posted at 2-11 19:03
lol. It looks new to me, and works pretty well too.

Then they did a good job if you can't even tell ;) Enjoy flying.
2019-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’ve noticed those willing to condemn dji customer service are usually those who have crashed because of pilot error and didn’t have care refresh , expected a warranty and didn’t get it, so they come here to whinge and complain .
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Refreshing to read a positive CS review.
2019-2-18
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 08:08
I’ve noticed those willing to condemn dji customer service are usually those who have crashed because of pilot error and didn’t have care refresh , expected a warranty and didn’t get it, so they come here to whinge and complain .

Pretty much what i am seeing also.
I mean, how anyone even can crash dji things?
They are totally automated, practically flying for the operator.
I've crashed gazillion of CCPMs, some acros and not a single camera glider... (= dji drones)
2019-2-18
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 08:08

Can't agree more.
It's way harder to crash mavic 2(I wasn't sure how I did it though), most of the case it's probably the pilot's fault.
2019-2-19
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-18 09:33

---- like me? lol
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

MichealMedia Posted at 2-19 23:01
---- like me? lol

You really had to push it hard with all that sensors and what not....
If you got warranty cover, it means device malfunction and not pilot error.

Thing is, majority of cases I am seeing on the forum are not like that.

2019-2-19
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-19 23:53
You really had to push it hard with all that sensors and what not....
If you got warranty cover, it means device malfunction and not pilot error.

Problem is, the back sensor can''t really detech the pole. So it was actually my fault to have it crashed.
But the care refresh thing saved me about $170.
It's a dji forum, so I'm not surpirsed to see people complaining about dji customer service to get all the attention and vent their angers.  But I just don't think it'll help anything if it's actually their own faults.
2019-2-20
Use props
ajrulez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Yes I agree. I had a great experience from DJI too.
2019-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MichealMedia Posted at 2-19 23:00
Can't agree more.
It's way harder to crash mavic 2(I wasn't sure how I did it though), most of the case it's probably the pilot's fault.

Yes well it’s great to see someone take the time to let others know of good experience with CS. Thank you.
2019-2-21
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not everything is bad, good for you.
2019-2-21
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2-21 10:44
Yes well it’s great to see someone take the time to let others know of good experience with CS. Thank you.

Thanks!
Love and peace
2019-2-21
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer

DPOV Posted at 2-21 16:49
Not everything is bad, good for you.

Thanks! Just thought it would be nice to share my own experience with you guys.
2019-2-21
Use props
Techdoughboy
lvl.1

Dji customer service is acutally not that bad
2019-2-22
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.1
Netherlands

posittive experiences are also worth mentioning!
2019-2-22
Use props
fans90220354
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing this positive experience. It gives me confidence.
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-18 09:33

I’m a bit surprised at some around here, they’ve been here for over 12 months complaining about the service they got, some even sending products in 3 times and not being repaired correctly according to them.
I find it difficult to believe they would first put up with this treatment without seeking some recourse, I never see them complaining about their own problems or seeking help from moderators here, and considering they are here everyday, it’s a bit mind boggling.

But I do see them on every thread trying complaining about their treatment how their problems weren’t solved, and trying to whip up some conspiracy about dji support and service.

Twice I had to use support and service,twice I just created a case online , once case was created dji managed everything from collecting to returning in a timely fashion. I did contact moderators here on the forum to ask them to check progress and they were extremely helpful on both occasions.

It seems those who prefer to contact service by phone get frustrated, but why contact by phone if you have a problem create a case by email, that’s all you need to do, I believe some like to try intimidating CS to getting some sort of preference but it never seems to work, KISS .

But yes there are a few who hang about here waiting for threads of bad CS to try hyping up the claims and trying to rubbish CS, when sometimes it down to customers trying to make their own rules on how CS should be Run .
2019-2-24
Use props
Jackie Beck
lvl.1

United States

Looks like the dji care refreshed is valued.
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules