New Osmo Pocket Firmware Released(2019/1/30)
12Next >
20854 48 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.01.30
  • Firmware: v1.4.0.20 (this firmware is approx. 51MB)
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.0.4
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.0.4

What’s New?
  • Added pro settings when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
  • Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
  • Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
  • Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
  • Optimized face detection.
  • Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
  • Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.

Notes:
  • Use auto calibration after updating the firmware.
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo, and retry.

2019-1-30
Use props
Boldg
New

Netherlands

Can someone tell me how to update the firmware, because im still at v01.01.00.10 and no way i get a message telling me a new firmware version is available.....tried restarting the pocket, reinstall the app etc etc...but no message telling me to update.
2019-1-30
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

installed no problem..all looks good so far
46875377242_52bca8183f_z.jpg
2019-1-30
Use props
DjDaxx
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for adding the pro features to the OP. They are easy to access and adjust.
2019-1-30
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Great job, great product. Please keep improving and listening to customer feedback. It's appreciated. Next, infinite focus and silent mode.
2019-1-30
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Please give me back torch mode!!!
2019-1-30
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

hkphoto.com Posted at 1-30 08:39
Please give me back torch mode!!!

ok Colin T Head in facebook give a hit change mode couple times and it come back
2019-1-30
Use props
Dronegoals
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110036 ft
Netherlands

How can I switch from pro mode to normal mode ? Now I must use my phone .
2019-1-30
Use props
Trikke
First Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Dronegoals Posted at 1-30 10:06
How can I switch from pro mode to normal mode ? Now I must use my phone .

just go to settings, swipe to the pro icon and push it again. then you go back to normal
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_KceXTpMIlCOJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289754 ft
Sweden

Great update!
I find D-Cinelike on the osmo pocket. But were do I find it in dji mimo?
2019-1-30
Use props
fans037f69ed
New
Taiwan

After updated, I dont find place where I can change 4k or 1080p. Is that correct?
2019-1-30
Use props
HALU
New
Flight distance : 349944 ft
Japan

I’m so glad to can use story mode and cinelike.
Now my ND filter working well with OSMO Pocket.
2019-1-30
Use props
HALU
New
Flight distance : 349944 ft
Japan

djiuser_KceXTpMIlCOJ Posted at 1-30 11:22
Great update!
I find D-Cinelike on the osmo pocket. But were do I find it in dji mimo?

You need to change mode to manual (advance mode) on Mimo app and select color profile Auto to cinelike.
2019-1-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea Team... very nice job.  AND you beat your self imposed deadline.  Thanks to the team; promises fulfilled
2019-1-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boldg Posted at 1-30 03:23
Can someone tell me how to update the firmware, because im still at v01.01.00.10 and no way i get a message telling me a new firmware version is available.....tried restarting the pocket, reinstall the app etc etc...but no message telling me to update.

You might have to completely delete the Mimo App, re-download, re-sign-in, then follow the firmware update video.

2019-1-30
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

good to see that DJI is listening and make changes on the OSMO - I like it
2019-1-31
Use props
Xperimental
New

United States

Awesome update, keep up the good job..
2019-1-31
Use props
Dude
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still no update to fix why the mimo app loses connection with the osmo pocket so often? I have a Galaxy S8+ and it disconnects too often to use with my phone.
2019-1-31
Use props
AerialVisionPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

Thanks for staying on top of the updates. Here are some firmware update features I would love to still see added.
1. Sensitivity adjustment for the screen joystick when using DJI Mimo app. When I use that joystick, the camera moves too quickly and I'd like to slow it down.
2. Shoot in 2.7k
3. 5-shot auto-exposure bracketing (AEB) for photos
4. Facebook live (or any kind of live streaming)

Seems like all of these requests should be fairly simple since the regular Osmo can do all of these them. Thanks DJI
2019-1-31
Use props
Game Start
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mimo app. Let me customise the position of the joystick.. I cant reach it on the right side!
2019-1-31
Use props
Team K
lvl.1
Russia

Fast track is very cool it is very fast. Thanks DJI.
2019-2-1
Use props
jaeinryu
lvl.2
United States

1. No Story mode available for Bluetooth Connection? No plan for adding the story mode for Bluetooth Connection?

2. It seems that gimbal position issue is fixed, but it is still tilted after 7-10secs power off

2019-2-2
Use props
Quango
lvl.1

United States

How can I manually install the firmware update? It won't automatically start. I tried deleting and reinstalling the DJI Mimo app and restarted the camera and app multiple times.
2019-2-4
Use props
Calz
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.

Feeling so disappointed that the gimbal of my pocket works well before updating, but it becomes unaligned when powered off (not talking about the few more degree tilted after powered off off 5 seconds) after this update… Already tried recalibre the gimbal...
2019-2-4
Use props
Moni Johnson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

After this firmware update, I'm looking like "this guy" with both thumbs up, DJI! This lil camble (camera/gimbal combo) went from beast mode to SUPA-BEAST MODE (I almost typed "SUPA-BREAST")!
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_NaBU8WIKJwFZ
New

Philippines

After updating, my touchscreen went green and mostly discolored and the touchscreen won’t work anymore. Shots can still be taken. The usb connection with my phone also gets disconnected a lot. What can i do about this?
2019-2-4
Use props
philisme
New
Luxembourg

Great news!  
What about Facebook live ?
But when I wanted to update my Osmo pocket, the smartphone adapter broke.  The metallic part of the lightning connector is sliding out of the plastic outer case.  Now my iPhone doesn't recognize my Osmo anymore.
2019-2-5
Use props
Jack Hsu
New

United States

What’s the face icon when I in picture mode if I swipe down and right? What mode is that?
2019-2-5
Use props
loic294
lvl.1

Canada

Am I the only one that has a lot of problems with the autofocus after the update?

It used to work pretty well but since the update, 90% of my shots are completely blurry (like unusable blurry). It might be because I am filming in a mountain and the the white mixes the system but even when tracking my faces it's completely out of focus...
2019-2-10
Use props
djiuser_pvUH2piM4jTX
lvl.2

Greece

oops i have a promblem
when i conect pocket to android phone ann i start the app,it starts downloading the last update without any prompt
when the download is done it starts again without any prompt the installation
after a message appears that sayw installation succesful but the pocket doesnt restart and when i go into the settings it still has the old firmware
Any help?
2019-2-14
Use props
djiuser_pvUH2piM4jTX
lvl.2

Greece

ok i managed to do it with the 3rd try
2019-2-14
Use props
fans64365080
New

Taiwan

Can I make a wish list for the next firmware update?
Please add
1. Mute function for the recording button beep.
2. Hyperlaps function for timelaps while moving
The reason is:
the recording beeping sound will be recorded in the beginning of the video recording, and in another senerio where I used OP as second camera along the main camera, the beeping sound will be recorded by the main camera so I can't stop recording or start recording while the main camera starts rolling.
Timelaps function is great, but if I want to use it on car or while walking, it kept showing the warning to tell me keep the camera still.
2019-2-14
Use props
ArmaX
New
Ukraine

Please, can you add option to use the volume button to take a photo (or video)?

That's would be awesome, because all bluetooth buttons for photo shooting will start to work too
2019-2-18
Use props
KWTMEDIA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI we need you to bring bak the remove screen overlays feature as existed on OSMO interface, any iimdication when this will happen
2019-2-19
Use props
Cristina Canan
lvl.1

India

why you are not making cameras?
2019-2-22
Use props
Cristina Canan
lvl.1

India

why you are not making cameras? like gopro and also gimbalhttps://www.trustedhints.com/best-gimbal-stabilizer-for-gopro/
2019-2-22
Use props
Cristina Canan
lvl.1

India

thank you very much thank you very much
2019-2-22
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

Boldg Posted at 1-30 03:23

I had the same problem, no update even tho my firmware was out of date.
Charged the pocket to 100% - firmware update success.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_798dv3JnMgGr
lvl.1

India

Any further updates to Jan 30 2019 which you guys think is coming?
2019-3-4
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

djiuser_798dv3JnMgGr Posted at 3-4 20:26
Any further updates to Jan 30 2019 which you guys think is coming?

DJI representative in other forum confirmed there will be option to disable the annoying beeps and start/stop of recording in the next FW update - no date said when this will happen.

I recently realised that 4K/60 D-Cinelike is disabled if Osmo Pocket is used with the Wireless Module, quite disappointed because of this, probably to prevent CPU overload?
2019-3-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules