Why DJI trade logo watermark comes out at the end of the video?
123Next >
21727 84 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

China

djiuser_8KtvvEYJGrej Posted at 2-1 19:44
@hallmark007 I'm not sure why you have such a deep love with DJI

There are many GUYS? who against the overlay / logo turn off things, we should just ignore them... and tell DJI what is the right way to go.
2019-2-2
Use props
Kozjegyzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Hungary

This is false advertising here!
Many people buy this product for the reason to create pro looking videos in an instant. This is advertised by DJI as a feature. Nobody in their right mind is going to assume that the DJI logo is going to be baked on the footage.
The logo should be optional!
If this isn't fixed, I'm seeing lawsuits emerging, and for a good reason. DJI has falsely advertised many of their products, and I've fallen for it before. This needs to stop!
2019-2-3
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Their free ad dreams will not success...
I just take a look China Tiktok #osmopocket ppl block the water marks with a black frame and keep using that story mode hahaha
2019-2-6
Use props
LABL
New

United States

GeorgeGreek Posted at 1-30 13:48
Are you serius??? I bought osmo pocket for my job, not to promote your logo! If you want to promote your logo then you must pay!
You must let us to choose if we want the watermark or not!

Agree whole heartedly. I just created several of these videos for a client only to find the watermark lasted over my work. Returning this item immediately. 2 words, GoPro 7 ;-)
2019-2-7
Use props
LABL
New

United States

DjDaxx Posted at 1-30 17:31
I’m sorry...you are selling 4 clip, 20 second videos to clients?  The logos aren’t on anything else. I would never think of selling the story mode videos, as they must be shot consecutively and no choice of music or text editing.

Thats totally irrelevant to the argument. If we want to use the story mode to create short scenes for, oh I don't know...  a social media platform!  then we should be able to do so without a dji logo watermark.
Formats and clients are changing so yes this could be used...
2019-2-7
Use props
LABL
New

United States

Upscaleman Posted at 1-30 19:10
Stop crying about an effin NOVELTY, people....you're soooooooooo annoying.

The whole item is a novelty, the watermark is the cherry on the top
2019-2-7
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Kozjegyzo Posted at 2-3 23:31
This is false advertising here!
Many people buy this product for the reason to create pro looking videos in an instant. This is advertised by DJI as a feature. Nobody in their right mind is going to assume that the DJI logo is going to be baked on the footage.
The logo should be optional!

Agree 100%!
2019-2-9
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Malaysia

I would like to have the logo optional as well.
But for those complaing, why not run it through another editor and fade out the logo? Or use another editor to make your clips? Or just not use the templates at all?

I: only use those for family fun clips so am not too bothered. I would hate for any paid or personal demo work to be caught using generic templates.

Selling or returning your pocket is a solution of course but buying a gopro isn't. I have nothing against the gopro and in fact I think it does some things better. Both cameras have their place. But if you like editing with gopro software instead, you can download that too and use it with the Pocket.
2019-2-10
Use props
Beires
lvl.1
Belgium

I agree as well that us, users, should be able to hide the dji logo or to adapt titles in the story mode. Next to editing my own clips, I like the pre-build features. Picking some clips, generate a small movie and send it to family. Just as simple as that. Just the way that was advertised. Not putting all the editing effort in it when creating for your own.

The DJI GO4 app provides a setting that disables the DJI logo in the auto generate feature. I would like to see this on the Osmo Pocket features.

I'm confident DJI will turn around and I hope an update will follow soon. I like DJI and the gear but this one is just a lame move.
2019-2-20
Use props
djiuser_WjmApKBOhLeM
lvl.2
United States

Beires Posted at 2-20 12:14
I agree as well that us, users, should be able to hide the dji logo or to adapt titles in the story mode. Next to editing my own clips, I like the pre-build features. Picking some clips, generate a small movie and send it to family. Just as simple as that. Just the way that was advertised. Not putting all the editing effort in it when creating for your own.

The DJI GO4 app provides a setting that disables the DJI logo in the auto generate feature. I would like to see this on the Osmo Pocket features.

They have the option on the mavik to turn off the watermark (it’s in the privacy options) so there is no reason for it not to be on the pocket.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_WjmApKBOhLeM
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_WjmApKBOhLeM Posted at 2-23 08:18
They have the option on the mavik to turn off the watermark (it’s in the privacy options) so there is no reason for it not to be on the pocket.

Well, except for the obvious reason. They want people to use their quick edit feature and then share on social media with the watermark to give them free advertising.

I don’t use the feature because of the watermark and edit outside, but I see why some people who bought it just to edit in camera and post to YouTube (this was targeted at casual users after all) would be extremely frustrated and disappointed.
2019-2-23
Use props
Kyle Desnoyers (kdboi)
New

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-30 10:01
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we are not able to remove the DJI trade logo watermark that comes out at the end of the video. For the latest news and development for the DJI Osmo Pocket please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.

I’m so incredibly disappointed that we cannot edit the watermark out of the story mode on Mimo. After purchasing this for professional use, I now have to crop all my videos to not include the massive dji logo. This is absolutely ridiculous. Please change this
2019-3-6
Use props
Kyle Desnoyers (kdboi)
New

Canada

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we are not able to remove the DJI trade logo watermark that comes out at the end of the video. For the latest news and development for the DJI Osmo Pocket please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.

I’m so incredibly disappointed that we cannot edit the watermark out of the story mode on Mimo. After purchasing this for professional use, I now have to crop all my videos to not include the massive dji logo. This is absolutely ridiculous. Please change this
2019-3-6
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

GeorgeGreek Posted at 1-30 13:48
Are you serius??? I bought osmo pocket for my job, not to promote your logo! If you want to promote your logo then you must pay!
You must let us to choose if we want the watermark or not!

You use story mode for your job?

2019-3-6
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I am far from being a professional videographer.
My guess would be that the only true "professional" use for this mindfart could be a short intro.

Fired up "Story Mode" for the first time. With no planning whatsoever, I shot 4 random sequences. I offloaded them and put them into FCPX. One sequence I left alone. The second, I scaled it up to lose the watermark and trimmed to lose the logo.

Had I planned it out, I would have stepped back just a bit to include the entire bike. I would have focused each sequence too. I wasn't paying attention.

With a little planning, I'm sure all you pros can overcome the horribly intrusive watermarks and logos.

I didn't bother to replace the audio.

2019-3-6
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

LABL Posted at 2-7 15:41
Agree whole heartedly. I just created several of these videos for a client only to find the watermark lasted over my work. Returning this item immediately. 2 words, GoPro 7 ;-)

How's the "Story Mode" look in the GoPro 7 ?
2019-3-7
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

I don't have my pocket at the moment. But does changing the watermark option in the latest update to mimo do anything?
Screenshot_20190307-104018.png
2019-3-7
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

dronieuk Posted at 3-7 02:42
I don't have my pocket at the moment. But does changing the watermark option in the latest update to mimo do anything?

My version of MIMO doesn't have the watermarking option :-(

I'm pretty sure this is the latest version too v1.0.4 (17239) on IOS
2019-3-7
Use props
fans550928e7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

Use a different video editor and you wont get  a watermark
2019-3-7
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

fans550928e7 Posted at 3-7 05:28
Use a different video editor and you wont get  a watermark

New version of Mimo app just landed.  

Not sure what the DJI watermark toggle does as there's still a DJI logo at the end of a video.
2019-3-7
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TimK1 Posted at 3-7 05:49
New version of Mimo app just landed.  

Not sure what the DJI watermark toggle does as there's still a DJI logo at the end of a video.

you are mixing a watermark (visible in the bottom left corner) and a logo (at the end of the clip).
Why don't you just delete the last sequence?
anyway, the story mode is totally over-estimated!
do it on your own...
2019-3-7
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

UweE Posted at 3-7 06:29
you are mixing a watermark (visible in the bottom left corner) and a logo (at the end of the clip).
Why don't you just delete the last sequence?
anyway, the story mode is totally over-estimated!

For most, "doing it on your own" would require software they wouldn't want to buy / learn. They just want to fire off spiffy, quick, instagram posts.
What's funny is all the "pros" that complain about the watermark and logo.

Dropping the logo is a simple matter of trimming.

Haven't screwed with 1.0.6 yet. But, if the switching off watermark , in privacy settings, does just that, I think the complaints will soon taper off.

2019-3-7
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

Why was this even approved and integrated into the feature set in the first place?

What idiot signed off on that assuming that there won't be some sort of a backlash?

I mean, we paid you all this money for the camera, and now you want us to advertise your company for free with every video we create through this feature and share on social media, as the feature was intended for mostly?

Umm, how about you pay us for every single video we create that has your logo AND watermark on it, as after all, none of ever agreed to advertise your company for free on all our videos. I don't see GoPro, Nikon, Canon or anyone else doing that with their cameras... because, umm, maybe they had some common sense?

Ugh... the little things, man, the little things that you guys screwed up with this product....

And no, that suggestion to just use another software to cut that ending logo out is idiotic - so you want  us to have to download and install/use another piece of software to edit what was supposed to be a quick and easy video collage that we can just drag & drop into our social media, because a company didn't think to give its users an option to turn off that annoying logo (AND watermark)?

Genius. Pure genius.
2019-3-10
Use props
SMG 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492146 ft
Italy

to exclude it you have to open DJI MIMO and go to the user settings (ominoin low on the right) then click on the top icon on the diamond icon and finally on privacy, you will find them to exclude the watermark
2019-3-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I also cannot understand this crying   - switch of watermark ... and there is NO DJI logo.   

2019-3-21
Use props
jwestwood74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138999 ft
United Kingdom

can be disabled once in story mode. All you need to do once in story mode is click on the bottom left icon and then you can remove the watermark from being added to the video.
2019-3-26
Use props
fans236956f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1503182 ft
United States

I will never use story mode if it has logo overlays
2019-4-13
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I NEVER use story mode because it is a NERVING TOY for childs ...
2019-4-13
Use props
fans8dca125e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54035 ft
United States

Hi,
I was looking around in the app for a way to disable de Osmo Pocket Watermark and found that there's a setting that appeared after the latest updates to the Osmo Pocket firmware and DJI Mimo app.

I prepared a video on how to do it. It's in spanish but I think it easy to follow even if you don't read spanish.

Hope it helps.
2019-4-20
Use props
ascend2media
New
Australia

DjDaxx Posted at 1-30 16:19
Wait… You purchased the Osmo for your job, and DJI is providing you with the templates filters and music at their expense and you want them to remove their logo?   This all cost money.   If this is part of your job then your job  should expense the cost of stock music, filters  and editing.    I film for a living and I would not for one second think of using DJI’s story mode as a part of my business.

Hey mate I also film for a living but for someone who runs a cafe or a small stall. Seeing something like this is a godsend for small add on content. I get it that we pay to use music commercially and the editing is free but from his point of view he would have bought it thinking that the story mode is a major reason to buy that camera as opposed to just using a mobile phone with a gimbal.

Plus it's sneaky that they added the logo because company's put their logo for all of their promotional videos at the end of the add.
2019-7-10
Use props
ascend2media
New
Australia

Wait… You purchased the Osmo for your job, and DJI is providing you with the templates filters and music at their expense and you want them to remove their logo?   This all cost money.   If this is part of your job then your job  should expense the cost of stock music, filters  and editing.    I film for a living and I would not for one second think of using DJI’s story mode as a part of my business.

Hey mate I also film for a living but for someone who runs a cafe or a small stall. Seeing something like this is a godsend for small add on content. I get it that we pay to use music commercially and the editing is free but from his point of view he would have bought it thinking that the story mode is a major reason to buy that camera as opposed to just using a mobile phone with a gimbal.

Plus it's sneaky that they added the logo because company's put their logo for all of their promotional videos at the end of the add.
2019-7-10
Use props
Mark Lacey
New

United States

Have they made an update to remove ads. I was just about to purchase and shocked that dji places watermarks on captured video. Who in the f**k would pay for this camera to promote dji?
2019-8-5
Use props
djiuser_ZM6mdXijOSMv
New

United States

DroneyMcDroneface Posted at 1-30 18:16
DJI.....please remove the logo overlays. Or give us an option to do so. Story is such a let down in itself....but to then be forced to an advertising overlay. SMH

How about let us develop our own story modes and upload them to the camera. If this is an option I apologise I'm still learning the new device
2019-8-30
Use props
djiuser_qRAH4TPkzIsp
New
Greece

KEN5423 Posted at 1-30 18:36
Story mode would make for a nice intro or outro for your video's if the stupid watermarks were not there.The music you can delete and add your own in post.

How do you remove the music from the story ?
2019-8-31
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_qRAH4TPkzIsp Posted at 8-31 23:36
How do you remove the music from the story ?

Mute it in 3rd party software.
2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Could be worse the Go 4 App videos show the logo the whole time in the corner,  at least with the OSMO you can trim the video to get rid of it.
2019-9-2
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Using/sharing the DJI-Logo should be linked to the DJI Affiliate-Program that would be fairer... I also don´t understand why the user don´t have the option to turn on/off.....
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_QrjmSEwlqxxw
New

He did pay. When he purchased the product! They should at least do what most apps do and offer a pay option to remove the shameless plug!
2019-9-26
Use props
Billy Crook
New

United Kingdom

Watermark can be turned OFF!!

1, Open DJI MIMO app (not attached to gimbal)
2, once open (logged into account), bottom right corner, tap logo/image of head with shoulders.
3, top right corner,  tap hexagon (looks like a nut for bolt).
4, go down to Privacy (5th category down), and toggle/switch off, 'ENABLE WATERMARK.

Done
2019-11-2
Use props
fans3c31bde9
New

Italy

GeorgeGreek Posted at 1-30 14:47
This is very general answer!

this is a joke...
I can’t believe it
2019-12-7
Use props